FAO UK people - how much would you budget for a trip to Disney/Universal?

RobUK

Hi,

Myself and my wife are planning to start saving towards going to Florida. It's just the two of us. We'd ideally like to stay at a Universal Hotel for 3/4 nights and Disney for the remainder of a14d break. We did this for our Honeymoon five years ago, with 4 nights at the Royal Pacific and the rest at the Swan hotel. We'd ideally like to stay at the Pacific or Hard Rock (to get the Express Pass) and one of the middle-low range Disney hotels. Plus we'd like to eat predominantly in the parks at the fast-food places, with the occasional meal at a bigger restaurant (Rainforest, for example).

Off the top of your head, how much do you think we'd need to budget towards this? Obviously I can spec it up with holiday brochures and then take a punt at food, etc, but if anyone could give a vague value, or indeed some budgeting advice, off the top of their head that'd be fantastic.

Thanks,

Rob.

Tink28

Hi, Can't give you any indication of prices for Universal as never stayed there. But I would think (depending on time of Year) it would be about £3500 for 2 weeks. If you can get the free Disney Dining Plan included for your stay at Disney that would help a lot with spending money. Earlier you book the better I find having just booked for Disney next November 2015. We got a good deal including free dining and a $200 Disney gift card, it all helps. Check with some of the UK companies such as Virgin for a quote.

Should have said that is for the trip, extra needed for spending money!

Upvote 0

Tink28

Yes, about right, probably why it takes a couple of Years these days to save for trips to WDW, its not cheap, but we love it!

Upvote 0

RobUK

Original Poster
Just out of interest, and if you don't mind me asking, how often do you go and what do you tend to do? I see on your profile you're from Hampshire. I'm from Weymouth.

Upvote 0

Tink28

have just booked a trip for November 2015, which is a way off but need the time to save and wanted to do Christmas again (last time 2001) This will be my 10th trip since 1991 and my last trip was 2011.

Would go every Year if I could!!

Yes, not too far away from you

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom