Fantasyland (Toontown) Station Water Tower Work

nepalostparks

Original Poster
Despite some spirited back seat imagineering and complaining by others, it does look like the water tower and other railroad maintenance buildings at the Fantasyland train station are getting reworked with new paint and a new design on the water tower.

fl_station001.JPG

It looks like just a base coat of red on the water tower, as it looked to have roller/brush marks when I took the photo yesterday (can't really see that in the image though.)

Nothing earth shattering, but I thought I would share what I saw.

Scuttle

i took this shot on the 22, so I think they have been working on it for atlest a week. And one of the Mine Train wall going vertical for the hell of it also from the 22.

Attachments

• 446.jpg
    446.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 461.jpg
    461.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 135

Captain Chaos

Thanks for the pictures...

I think this shows that we need to stop rushing to judgment BEFORE projects are complete (or started for that matter)...

jt04

100% better! Bravo! Love it! Definitely a step in the right direction. And possibly a bit of a hint on where they are going with the theming.

lazyboy97o

Thanks for the pictures...

I think this shows that we need to stop rushing to judgment BEFORE projects are complete (or started for that matter)...
Disney sells an experience that was defined by showmanship. If it is not ready, then do not open it up. Issues of capacity are all Disney's doing too, based in the same principles of putting aside showmanship.

nepalostparks

Original Poster
Disney sells an experience that was defined by showmanship. If it is not ready, then do not open it up. Issues of capacity are all Disney's doing too, based in the same principles of putting aside showmanship.

But the railroad never closed... just the station. Are you suggesting the railroad should have closed for the entire time as well?

RunnerEd

I've never understood why they put wooden doors on the little shed. The engines literally blow off steam after filling the water tanks of the tenders. I had a friend (used to work in maintenance)tell me that every 4-6 months they had to go out and replace them due to the wood layers separating and them generally falling apart (high pressure steam would tend to do that). As cheap as TDO is purported to be, I just can't figure out why they wouldn't put up a metal door. :shrug:

nepalostparks

Original Poster
Or not prematurely open Storybook Circus.

It's a slippery slope at best. At what point are things "ready" enough to be opened?

I think if Dumbo wasn't moved and involved, it would have been better to wait until more of this section was opened, yes. But, for the average guest, the fact there was no Dumbo was probably more of an issue than an unfinished area in which it is now open.

HenryMystic

It's a slippery slope at best. At what point are things "ready" enough to be opened?

Easy answer: when they're finished.

Disney's keys: safety, courtesy, show, and efficiency.

Show should always come before efficiency. In a perfect world, everything would open in a logical order, but because of the the change to the Mine Train, the piece meal openings will continue.

nepalostparks

Original Poster
Easy answer: when they're finished.

Disney's keys: safety, courtesy, show, and efficiency.

Show should always come before efficiency. In a perfect world, everything would open in a logical order, but because of the the change to the Mine Train, the piece meal openings will continue.

But what defines being finished? Walt himself said Disneyland would never be completed; it was always meant to grow and change. Both small and large, projects within the parks go on all the time.

And one could argue as a courtesy to the guests who expect to be able to see their child smiling upon riding Dumbo, it should be open as soon as it was safely operable.

I agree, it would be nice if it could be more finished before it opened, but its understandable why its opened now.

hpyhnt 1000

Just curious, what purpose do the buildings serve? I've never seen anyone come in or out of those 2buildings.

All three service the steam engines/tracks. *I think* the shed behind the water tower is where the water for the engines is mixed/prepared for use. It probably also houses a pump that takes that mixture up into the water tank so it can be placed into the steam engines. And the other just holds tools for the engines and track.

jt04

I had this thought after hearing Staggs was at WDW that perhaps he went to the FLE and saw the circus stuff on the water tank and 'suggested' it be removed. Heh :)

Fun possibility.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom