Fantasyland Opening Timetable 5/15/2012 Update

ncstate7991

Original Poster
Today I received an email from Disney that included an update to the Fantasyland Expansion Opening Timetable. The major update is that it will be a phased opening (ie Mermaid and Be Our Guest will open at different times). Here is a copy and pasted version of most of the email:

New Fantasyland will open in phases throughout this year and beyond. But, some attractions located in the new Storybook Circus area of the Park are already being enjoyed by your Clients, including:
• The Barnstormer: Your Clients can take to the sky with The Great Goofini on spiraling stunt plane adventure high above the Storybook Circus grounds.
• Dumbo The Flying Elephant: Soar high above Storybook Circus with Dumbo on a ride that puts a new twist on an old favorite – and offers twice the fun!
• Fantasyland Station: Getting around is a breeze thanks to the newest addition to Walt Disney World Railroad!

In late 2012 the Fantasyland Forest area of the Park will begin to open (also in phases). Here your Clients will meet some of their favorite Disney princesses. This area is inspired by the Disney films The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, and includes interactive attractions, two majestic castles, a quaint village, waterfalls and more!

But these are just a few of the exciting new enhancements in store for your Clients. Upon completion, Fantasyland will nearly double in size. Be sure to check back often for updates and visit the New Fantasyland section on this site, found here.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Today I received an email from Disney that included an update to the Fantasyland Expansion Opening Timetable. The major update is that it will be a phased opening (ie Mermaid and Be Our Guest will open at different times). Here is a copy and pasted version of most of the email:

New Fantasyland will open in phases throughout this year and beyond. But, some attractions located in the new Storybook Circus area of the Park are already being enjoyed by your Clients, including:
• The Barnstormer: Your Clients can take to the sky with The Great Goofini on spiraling stunt plane adventure high above the Storybook Circus grounds.
• Dumbo The Flying Elephant: Soar high above Storybook Circus with Dumbo on a ride that puts a new twist on an old favorite – and offers twice the fun!
• Fantasyland Station: Getting around is a breeze thanks to the newest addition to Walt Disney World Railroad! !

In late 2012 the Fantasyland Forest area of the Park will begin to open (also in phases). Here your Clients will meet some of their favorite Disney princesses. This area is inspired by the Disney films The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, and includes interactive attractions, two majestic castles, a quaint village, waterfalls and more!

But these are just a few of the exciting new enhancements in store for your Clients. Upon completion, Fantasyland will nearly double in size. Be sure to check back often for updates and visit the New Fantasyland section on this site, found here.

Did the e-mail actually say that Beast and Mermaid would open at different times? The mine ride is part of Fantasyland Forest so that could be what they are talking about when they say that it will open in phases.

Dan

nepalostparks

Did the e-mail actually say that Beast and Mermaid would open at different times? The mine ride is part of Fantasyland Forest so that could be what they are talking about when they say that it will open in phases.

Dan

I received the same email (it's an email sent to travel agents), and I think the OP is reading too much into it. It does not specifically state anything about Beast and Mermaid opening at different times. It really doesn't say anything more than we already know here on the boards.

bgraham34

I received the same email (it's an email sent to travel agents), and I think the OP is reading too much into it. It does not specifically state anything about Beast and Mermaid opening at different times. It really doesn't say anything more than we already know here on the boards.

Yup exactly. No new information.

Scuttle

Dan

Exactly the email is referring to 7DMT

ncstate7991

Original Poster
It is not earth shattering news, but look at this sentence I put in bold:

In late 2012 the Fantasyland Forest area of the Park will begin to open (also in phases).

I took this to mean that the additions to Fantasyland, that WDW previously stated would open in time for "the holidays" in late 2012, will also open in phases and not all at one time. If Mermaid and Be Our Guest were going to open on the same day why would they add this (also in phases)?? Like I said before, not earth shattering or a big deal, but just thought I would pass this along because it seemed contrary to what is widely accepted on the boards.

ncstate7991

Original Poster
Also, let me just throw this out there. Let's just say Be Our Guest is ready to open on Oct 15th, but Mermaid is on track for a Dec 1 opening. (NOTE: These are TOTALLY made up dates.) TDO is not going to let a money making restaurant sit idle for 45 days because Mermaid is not ready. Plus Marketing gets to have two field days with Be our Guest opening in October and Mermaid opening in December. Two seperate press events, publicity, etc. Just a thought. With construction schedules and Nov/Dec being so far away, I am not sure if WDW knows what and when attractions/restaurants will be ready to open at this point. I honestly do not care which way they do it. These are just my thoughts and interpretation of the email.

ToTBellHop

It is not earth shattering news, but look at this sentence I put in bold:

In late 2012 the Fantasyland Forest area of the Park will begin to open (also in phases).

I took this to mean that the additions to Fantasyland, that WDW previously stated would open in time for "the holidays" in late 2012, will also open in phases and not all at one time. If Mermaid and Be Our Guest were going to open on the same day why would they add this (also in phases)?? Like I said before, not earth shattering or a big deal, but just thought I would pass this along because it seemed contrary to what is widely accepted on the boards.
What you highlighted is that Fantasyland Forest will open in phases. Fantasyland Forest = Beauty and the Beast, Mermaid, and the Dwarfs. That part of the expansion is opening in phases.

SobchakSecurity

Also, let me just throw this out there. Let's just say Be Our Guest is ready to open on Oct 15th, but Mermaid is on track for a Dec 1 opening. (NOTE: These are TOTALLY made up dates.) TDO is not going to let a money making restaurant sit idle for 45 days because Mermaid is not ready. Plus Marketing gets to have two field days with Be our Guest opening in October and Mermaid opening in December. Two seperate press events, publicity, etc. Just a thought. With construction schedules and Nov/Dec being so far away, I am not sure if WDW knows what and when attractions/restaurants will be ready to open at this point. I honestly do not care which way they do it. These are just my thoughts and interpretation of the email.

Right, and they'll probably just soft-open whatever they can as early as they can. Remember, any official opening date is pretty much worthless, as something can (and in this case will be, to work out the bugs) be soft-opened for weeks before it's official opening

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom