Fantasyland Attraction updates

KG_WDW

Original Poster
While I do enjoy many of the attractions in Fantasyland, I always felt like attractions like Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, and even Philharmagic could use some updates. Disney has the technology to pull off some amazing rides and experiences, and I’ve seen videos of the rides overseas. It would just be pretty cool to bring that to WDW in the current Fantasyland attractions. For the rides, maybe some newer props, animatronics, or special effects to add on to the experience and Philharmagic could add more recent characters to the show, or at least make it HD. Anyone else feel like this?

Brer Oswald

For years, I’ve clamoured for these very things. But now, I think it would be wiser to invest in newer Fantasyland attractions.

That being said, Philharmagic definitely needs the HD treatment. Pooh is honestly a fairly solidly paced traditional dark ride, albeit one that pales in comparison to its gargantuan sibling in Tokyo. Peter Pan could use some effect upgrades, but again, a very well paced attraction as is.

I’d really love to see an Alice in Wonderland attraction in Florida. Not the teacups, something that actually plays around with Wonderland itself. But it’s kind of difficult since they boxed themselves in with New Fantasyland :(

Giss Neric

Philharmagic is literally the easiest to upgrade. They just have to update the film. Well, if they can't even update Muppet Vision 3D then I don't expect Philharmagic to get the same care. Star Tours is getting an upgrade for every new film.

cheezbat

Every single one of these attractions should have been updated years ago...and definitely should have been cleaned up and plussed for the resorts 50th...sickening to me how they’ve done so much to fix up Paris, and how Disneyland constantly updates their fantasyland attractions, and yet here in Florida they do nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom