Fantasyland Aerials (July 5)

J03Y

i think i find it most fascinating that they're connecting the new walkway to two entrances from Liberty Square. about time, that little entrance would be such a hassle to get through on a busy day.

by the way, nice pictures! even though we're still in early stages for a lot, they're better than nothing!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Post #34 in this thread. Zoom in and look at the IaSW building. Definitely something being built there. Maybe. LOL

That is part of the Tangled restroom project. It takes up the entire space between the Haunted Mansion and IaSW.

FL-Restroom-Plan.jpg

jt04

That is part of the Tangled restroom project. It takes up the entire space between the Haunted Mansion and IaSW.

FL-Restroom-Plan.jpg

Hmmm. No I am seeing something else. The women's restroom is located on the HM side of CM backstage walkway. This appears to be located where you see the green section at the very top and to the right. Perhaps the construction is for planters but it looks quite substantial. And there is even an indentation in this drawing that almost looks like a portal or doorway. Perhaps it is a family restroom or stroller parking or something else.

Lee

Adventurer
Hmmm. No I am seeing something else. The women's restroom is located on the HM side of CM backstage walkway. This appears to be located where you see the green section at the very top and to the right. Perhaps the construction is for planters but it looks quite substantial. And there is even an indentation in this drawing that almost looks like a portal or doorway. Perhaps it is a family restroom or stroller parking or something else.
I think it's just the angle of the photo. What you are seeing is likely just the beginnings of the women's restroom, which is barely under way.
The above diagram is accurate.

And by the way, why is everyone associating this project with Tangled?
Did I miss an announcement where they said it would have Tangled elements?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I think it's just the angle of the photo. What you are seeing is likely just the beginnings of the women's restroom, which is barely under way.
The above diagram is accurate.

And by the way, why is everyone associating this project with Tangled?
Did I miss an announcement where they said it would have Tangled elements?

Over on another thread, I know that Scuttle was speaking of the Tangled Tower and referring to seeing prints:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/new-fl-restrooms-walkway.831197/page-10#post-4971051

I still don't think that Disney has announced word one on this area, at least not that I can remember.

Lee

Adventurer
Over on another thread, I know that Scuttle was speaking of the Tangled Tower and referring to seeing prints:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/new-fl-restrooms-walkway.831197/page-10#post-4971051

I still don't think that Disney has announced word one on this area, at least not that I can remember.
Yeah, I went back and looked at the plans. There is a "Rapunzel Tower" up on the hill, and the area in front of the restrooms is called "Rapunzel's Plaza".
(Shows how much attention I've been paying to this project, huh?:confused: )

There is also a "D-Zone" area in the front. This is the same name as is being used for the seating area in Storybook Circus. Must be a new code name for "Place for Tired Parents to Sit."

That's the forced perspective tower up on the hill there...

Attachments

• rtower2.jpg
    rtower2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,196

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Yeah, I went back and looked at the plans. There is a "Rapunzel Tower" up on the hill, and the area in front of the restrooms is called "Rapunzel's Plaza".

There is also a "D-Zone" area in the front. This is the same name as is being used for the seating area in Storybook Circus. Must be a new code name for "Place for Tired Parents to Sit."

Phew! I got scared for a bit there. I know my 2 daughters are going to go crazy at the first sight of that tower, even if it's just a highly themed beacon for the bathrooms.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

That diagram looks like a chimney and not the tower. There is a square steel structure on top of the mens room which is probably the chimey in that diagram.

Lee

Adventurer
Phew! I got scared for a bit there. I know my 2 daughters are going to go crazy at the first sight of that tower, even if it's just a highly themed beacon for the bathrooms.
Sorry! My bad for not paying more attention.
The area is going to be quite nice. The diagrams in this thread don't do justice to the landscaping and cool paving around the "Rapunzel's Plaza" and "D-Zone".

tl77

So something like the Tangled Tower model in Epcot during the Flower Show last year is going in behind the bathrooms? is this legit info? it seems plausible

rioriz

So something like the Tangled Tower model in Epcot during the Flower Show last year is going in behind the bathrooms? is this legit info? it seems plausible

I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see this repourposed for the new restroom area

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Didn't I read somewhere that this was also the area that Rapunzel was supposed to be moving to for greets, or am I crazy?

There hasn't been any confirmation of there being a M&G in the area, and there really doesn't look like enough space for it. I have seen it mentioned that she will being in Princess Fairytale Hall.

Lee

Adventurer
The one in Fantasyland will be bigger...but not much.
There hasn't been any confirmation of there being a M&G in the area, and there really doesn't look like enough space for it. I have seen it mentioned that she will being in Princess Fairytale Hall.
There is no dedicated M&G area going in here. I guess they could just have the characters stand out front or in the D-Zone, but that could cause a traffic nightmare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom