Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Movie Thread

Jahona

Original Poster
We have had a few threads about the possible impact of this film at Universal Studios. You can find them Here and Here. But so far we have yet to have a thread about the film itself that I could find. So to start it off here is the new trailer for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
enhanced-14119-1460333294-2.jpg

Princess Leia

The future movies in the series will be leading up to the battle between Dumbledor and Grindlewald. They are currently casting 40 something Dumbledor. Deep has a cameo at the end of this film as Grindlewald
What was the last successful Depp movie? Pirates?
Also, I'm a little ticked off that they're not keeping their "British actors only" rule. I obviously understand that for the Americans, they'd hire, well, Americans, but Grindelwald is definitely British.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
What was the last successful Depp movie? Pirates?
Also, I'm a little ticked off that they're not keeping their "British actors only" rule. I obviously understand that for the Americans, they'd hire, well, Americans, but Grindelwald is definitely British.
He's went Durmstrang and is generally thought to be Eastern European (since the school mostly draws from there) I'm not happy about he casting either. Depp is not Easter European or British .

jensenrick

Well, I was excited about this movie, and found it to be a CRUSHING disappointment.
The main plot is ridiculously juvenile and full of plot holes, then they add on useless subplots, silly romance, and Redmayne mumbles half his dialogue. Not to mention, Farrell's character is so disgustingly creepy, I had to look away from the screen to keep from vomiting.

Jahona

Original Poster
Well, I was excited about this movie, and found it to be a CRUSHING disappointment.
The main plot is ridiculously juvenile and full of plot holes, then they add on useless subplots, silly romance, and Redmayne mumbles half his dialogue. Not to mention, Farrell's character is so disgustingly creepy, I had to look away from the screen to keep from vomiting.

I will agree that the relationships felt forced at the end. To me it wasn't as good as the Hogwarts years. It set up some interesting things down the road which we'll have to see how those pan out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom