Fantasmic...

MrsSCP

Original Poster
Hi! I am new here and would like some information on Fantasmic! I thought i read somewhere you can get a Fantasmic dinner package...is this correct? if so who do I call to get reservations and how does it work in terms of seeing the show ( is it during the dinner?)?
Thanks,
Kari

Sparkle81

I have to admit, we were very lax in our research when it came to the dinner package- we didn't know about it until we were in the park :hammer: :eek:
We managed to book a package there and then for two days later which included the meal at Mama Melrose. I definitely wouldn't recommend that you leave it so late though, as I get the impression that we were very fortunate to get it (it was also a slower time of year- early Nov -).
As for whether it was worth it...Hmm...Personally speaking, I think we would have been ok if we hadn't booked it as people seemed to be finding seats with little problem up until 5 mins before the show started (in fact, I had the most rude, obnoxious and xenophobic woman barge her way into the space next to me just as the show started, but that's another story....:mad: ) However, as I said before, this could be attributed to the time of year and I think that if you want peace of mind about getting in to see the show, it would be a good idea for you to book it. The other thing which I will say is that we travelled without children and I'd imagine that even the most well behaved child, would struggle to sit and wait a couple of hours for the show to start.

We did enjoy our meal at Mama Melrose very much and irrespective of the priority seating at Fantasmic, think it was good value for the meal alone. :slurp:

bayoutinkbelle

Welcome!! :wave:

Just call (407) 939-3463 and make a reservation at either the Brown Derby, Mama Melrose's or the Prime Time Cafe (I think those are all correct. Right, folks?) and ask for the Fantasmic dinner package. You'll have to make a deposit with a credit card at that time. On the day of your dinner, you'll get a pass to see one of the shows that evening.

This is how it was explained to me when I made my reservation for May. Others here probably know far more about this than me. But have fun! The show is not to be missed!

bayoutinkbelle

Sparkle81 said:
We managed to book a package there and then for two days later which included the meal at Mama Melrose. I definitely wouldn't recommend that you leave it so late though, as I get the impression that we were very fortunate to get it (it was also a slower time of year- early Nov -).

I made the decision to use the dinner package after last summer. My son was really bored as we sat for about an hour and a half waiting for the show to start. I think it's well worth it if you have to deal with younger children. If it makes my vacation a little less stressful, I'll gladly pay for it! :lol:

tigsmom

We did the dinner package the other year and ate at Mama Melrose..really enjoyed it. Anyway, for info about the package CLICK HERE

It worked out well for us because we went in the summer, but you may not need to bother if you are going at a slower time. Have fun! :wave:

DisneyHoneymoon

not really worth it in my opinion

DH and I got the package, while the meal at Mamma Melrose's was excellent (as we find all Disney dining experiences) I was well, disappointed, in Fantasmic.
It could have been the l-o-n-g delay in the show's start (due to technical difficulties) or it could have been the people who swarmed to the "reserved" side without being checked by CMs.... who obviously were not priority reserves..

And, to tell the truth, when the show started I was not impressed. And even less impressed as it went on. Yes, seeing the animation "projected" onto the smoke and water is very cool.

I got more of a kick out of the kids sitting in front of us with buzz cuts -- and hidden micky's shaved into the back of their heads :lol:

tigsmom

DisneyHoneymoon said:
DH and I got the package, while the meal at Mamma Melrose's was excellent (as we find all Disney dining experiences) I was well, disappointed, in Fantasmic.
It could have been the l-o-n-g delay in the show's start (due to technical difficulties) or it could have been the people who swarmed to the "reserved" side without being checked by CMs.... who obviously were not priority reserves..

And, to tell the truth, when the show started I was not impressed. And even less impressed as it went on. Yes, seeing the animation "projected" onto the smoke and water is very cool.

I got more of a kick out of the kids sitting in front of us with buzz cuts -- and hidden micky's shaved into the back of their heads :lol:

Not every show is for everyone, so I guess its a good thing there is a variety to choose from!

Don't know when you saw it, but if I remember correctly, parts of the show were missing due to rehab/difficulties recently.

BigNormsMom

:sohappy: We reserved the latest dinner package that we could at Hollywood and Vine. The selection of food was wonderful and the desserts were the best. Of course we were then directed to the reserved waiting area and then shown to our seats:wave:. If the wait for the show had been longer it would not have mattered. The children in the audience, in the excitment of waiting for the show to start, were just the greatest. Although you would think that since you are in such close contact with the crowd that some people would spend a few of their dollars on soap and deodorant. If they can afford to go to WDW soap and deodorant shouldn't be too expensive!! Excuse me, I am sure that is another forum topic:hurl: :rolleyes: . I digress, yes the first timer with us adored the show and so did we.

Nicole

Prime Time Cafe does NOT offer the dinner package. You can reserve it at the regular Disney Dining phone number 407-WDW-DINE.

You don't NEED the dining package to see Fantasmic! if you are willing to get to the theater early. The DP seats are off to the side and IMO not the best. But you are "guaranteed" a seat if you get there 30 minutes early. That's much nicer than having to show up 90 minutes early and HOPE for a seat.

Reccyman

Hi,
My family and I have used the dinner package at Hollywood and Vine on both of our trips to Orlando over the past 3 years, and I highly recommend it!
We made our reservations in the Magic Kingdom (at the same time booking our character breakfast) 2 days before our visit to MGM.
Had a great day at the park, snack for lunch, and sat down for dinner 90 mins before the show started. The meal was excellent, with a great choice of kids meals, and the deserts and cocktails of the highest standard (my wife recommends an electric blue!)
After eating more than our fill, we set off to Fantasmic via the back lot. This in it's self was good fun, with the kids having a sneak look at how it's all run. The show is amazing and a great way to end your day.

In short, the meal was well worth the money and priority seating a bonus. We highly recommend this package.

Have a great holiday. (Only 132 days til we go again, not that I'm counting)!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom