Fantasmic or Illuminations??

I've already received some feedback through another post but would love more opinions so I can make a decision. Fantasmic or Illuminations??? That is the question.

cw1982

Just haul butt over to Epcot after and catch them both (provided you're taking in the early show of Fantasmic)

That was going to be my suggestion. See if you can work any of the early/late show times for the fireworks shows and any EMH possibilities to your advantage!

Depends on what the times are... when is Fantasmic normally during the off season (I think I remember reading that they are going in November or thereabouts)? Illuminations is pretty much always at 9, so to catch Fantasmic first and then make it to Illuminations on time, Fantasmic would need to start around 7 (7:30 at the latest IMO), to comfortably allow time to get out of HS and make it onto a bus or boat headed to Epcot.

Upvote 0

ABQ

Depends on what the times are... when is Fantasmic normally during the off season (I think I remember reading that they are going in November or thereabouts)? Illuminations is pretty much always at 9, so to catch Fantasmic first and then make it to Illuminations on time, Fantasmic would need to start around 7 (7:30 at the latest IMO), to comfortably allow time to get out of HS and make it onto a bus or boat headed to Epcot.
Fantasmic runs at 6:30 (early showing, and the one they'd be seeing if they went with a dining package) Epcot fireworks are 9 as you surmised. Again, it's possible, not easy as it would mean speed-walking the entire river through Boardwalk, but possible.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Fantasmic runs at 6:30 (early showing, and the one they'd be seeing if they went with a dining package) Epcot fireworks are 9 as you surmised. Again, it's possible, not easy as it would mean speed-walking the entire river through Boardwalk, but possible.

So, that would allow two hours to get from Fantasmic, to the exit of HS, to make it to Epcot and find a decent spot to watch, and probably to grab a snack or a light dinner while waiting. Seems doable at that point, but they would probably want to leave HS as soon as Fantasmic was over and plan to eat/ burn any leftover extra time at Epcot.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Or to do Illuminations/Fantasmic the same night as fireworks at MK? Don't they sometimes do it all twice on night with EMH?

I've only seen one show time listed for Wishes each night. They do, however do two shows of the Main Street Electrical Parade; one before Wishes and one after.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Looks like I am in the severe minority. Fantasmic! without a doubt. I just absolutely love it. I will always pick Fantasmic over Illuminations - matter of fact in my last 8 trips I have only seen ILluminations once and this is in 2 years but I have seen Fantasmic more times than I can count, lol. But Illuminations is nice because of the ambiance, music, food, and just everything. I vaguely remember doing both in one night but I do not know how? It had to have been Illuminations first then taking the boat to HS for the 1030 show of Fantasmic but I cant remember

Upvote 0

Dafid Duck

What about taking the boat from HS to the International Gateway? I dont know how long it would take, but it would leave you off right where you can see Illumanations.

For me it's Fantasmic; no brainer. That is a priority for us. Illumanations is a bonus if we can fit it into our trip.

Upvote 0

nngrendel

After reading the mixed opinions here I do believe you will have to see both shows so you can decide for yourself which one you like best.

However..... I do believe Illuminations has it in this thread. :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom