News Fantasmic!, Festival of Fantasy Parade and Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to return to Walt Disney World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t honestly find WDW less enjoyable now. I don’t let it be. We don’t do Genie+, enjoy short waits early, go back to our resort to swim, and return for the evening. Still tons of fun.

More to the point, I’m super pumped for Fantasmic!
It may not be “less enjoyable”…but you have made concessions - from the sounds of it - due to their crowd control or lack thereof.

So they are taking your choice away…from a realistic standpoint.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I don’t honestly find WDW less enjoyable now. I don’t let it be. We don’t do Genie+, enjoy short waits early, go back to our resort to swim, and return for the evening. Still tons of fun.

More to the point, I’m super pumped for Fantasmic!
Some of us like making fun of 'You are the Magic' ;) but honestly, when we visit WDW, a good part of what still allow us have a good time, is enjoy being in a place where we can do many things and disconnect for a while from our every day lives. And like you, aside from encountering a big issue/problem, we don't let the small things get in the way of us enjoying ourselves while there.

That being said, this doesn't mean we don't see that the WDW experience in general has declined, specially in value. We can still afford it (we're DVC), but have had to tweak some of our vacation spending habits somewhat.

Anyway, apologies, don't mean to derail from the subject at hand. :)

Zipadeelady

Ok. So “semi-recurring” by Disney standards…

Now, this is why I ask: are you getting commensurate value (not price) for your time recently as compared to your start? Do you notice differences that seem lesser or “cheap”? Are you required to approach your Leisure with more responsibility or less relaxation than before?

There is no right/wrong answer. Just curious? I don’t do trip reports so the cliff notes answer is fine 😎
In 2006 we stayed at riverside for 5 nights, dining included plus all tips included. With Park hopper for $2800 if memory serves. So no since our first trip we haven’t seen savings like that. As a family of 5 we’ve never had a trip under $3500 again.

I very much enjoyed the fast pass+ over the old paper fast passes. I will say I don’t like the genie+. We had issues with purchasing it and no one could figure out why. I feel like MK is the only park where I’m willing to purchase it as an add on in the future if I even choose to do so.

I don’t feel like services are slacking or deminishing. Our time this past May we met several great CM’s and only had issues with a few while we were at MK being “inattentive”.

I do miss the night time parades. That is one thing I could complain about.

I could probably give more pros and probably cons but my glass of wine is starting to kick in.

I don’t like change but also feel it’s necessary so even if they cancel something I do know that something will replace it and I will more than likely love it in the end.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Green Army Drum Corps has been back this entire time. They’ve just been performing in the motorcade instead of TSL. They’re just moving from motorcade back to TSL. But they’ve literally been here the whole time.
And when I looked back, there were six sets of Green Army Men footprints in the sand!!

Squishy

How long have these dents been here? :oops:
1671213471419.png

jrhwdw

Think that is nothing more than scraping the barrel to somehow include WDW in the article.
So... does that mean WDW isn't bothering with the 100th after the 50th?? Or is it just too early and TDO wants till March 31 gets Closer? I don't mind DE /Harm, but it would be nice if WDW started working towards getting back to their Standards! A Night Parade, A HEA level show in MK(Already coming, I know) and something in WSL that most people can like!!

TTA94

So... does that mean WDW isn't bothering with the 100th after the 50th?? Or is it just too early and TDO wants till March 31 gets Closer? I don't mind DE /Harm, but it would be nice if WDW started working towards getting back to their Standards! A Night Parade, A HEA level show in MK(Already coming, I know) and something in WSL that most people can like!!

My vote is of course for some type of night parade to finally happen, but also a nighttime show for DAK.

I think IF anything is in the works that we haven’t heard of yet, it won’t be announced until the fall at D23 with a debut possibly in 2024. At least for a DAK show. For a nighttime parade? IF by some miracle chance one was in the pipeline post 50th, they could announce and debut that before or around D23, depending on how big of a deal they want to make of it.

Last edited:

Squishy

My vote is of course for some type of night parade to finally happen, but also a nighttime show for DAK.

I think IF anything is in the works that we haven’t heard of yet, it won’t be announced until the fall at D23 with a debut possibly in 2024. At least for a DAK show. For a nighttime parade? IF by some miracle chance one was in the pipeline post 50th, they could announce and debut that before or around D23, depending on how big of a deal they want to make of it.
MK needs a new daytime parade as well, management has turned FoF into such a sad little parade of what once was, not to mention its coming up on 9 years in March...

Starship824

In the Parks
No
MK needs a new daytime parade as well, management has turned FoF into such a sad little parade of what once was, not to mention its coming up on 9 years in March...
The issues with Festival of Fantasy are easily fixable by just adding more performers and floats to what it used to be. We don’t need an entire new parade just because management doesn’t want to staff the current one. They clearly don’t wanna spend the money on parades or entertainment right now. There is a possibility that they may be dumbing down FOF because they want a new parade to look a lot better but I doubt this is what’s actually happening, the more likely scenario is that they just don’t wanna spend the money on the full version of FOF are just leaving it the way that it is because it’s cheaper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom