News Fantasmic!, Festival of Fantasy Parade and Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to return to Walt Disney World

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It should be obvious based on the press release from Destination D23, but worth noting that there will also be one other former FoF float not present (look at what characters are in that new cavalcade)
For those that don't want to do so, Merida is featured in the press release for the new Disney Friends Cavalcade, which would presumably clear the way for that whole unit to get axed from FoF.

jrhwdw

The dragons removal is bad, of course, but in the grand scale of recent Disney changes it’s a drop in the bucket. It’s sadly funny that this or the Ohana noodles are what can spur fans to concerted action and not the trams, G+, intentional understaffing, wild price increases, cynical exploitation of the pandemic, and all the other changes that are more profound and reflective of deep problems in corporate philosophy. Really, I think cutting the performers is more troubling then cutting the dragon ( though they are, of course, related).
IDK. Maybe this more surprising since MOUACT kept 95% of Floats? Of Course MK Isn't the only Questionable Park at the moment. MSEP is returning to DL but no love it seems for PTN or the Brand New MH.......

Plus Whos knows what's happening at DHS tonight.....

mattpeto

For those that don't want to do so, Merida is featured in the press release for the new Disney Friends Cavalcade, which would presumably clear the way for that whole unit to get axed from FoF.
None of these other characters are in Festival, except for Merida correct?

Nick and Judy, Baloo, Miguel, Merida, Moana, Elena, Toy Story characters, Clarabelle

Zummi Gummi

IDK. Maybe this more surprising since MOUACT kept 95% of Floats? Of Course MK Isn't the only Questionable Park at the moment. MSEP is returning to DL but no love it seems for PTN or the Brand New MH.......

Plus Whos knows what's happening at DHS tonight.....
MOUACT may have kept 95% of the floats (I don't think they kept that many), but they eliminated a TON of the performers, particularly dancers.

jrhwdw

MOUACT may have kept 95% of the floats (I don't think they kept that many), but they eliminated a TON of the performers, particularly dancers.
I know that. I figured FOF would be the same. More Dancers cut(if MK had too, Rollseyes!)than cut floats.

95% was a guess. MOUACT is just missing Cindy's Coach, Anna's Sleigh and the little Toy Solder Float if I'm correct. The Title Float has been gone for years.

mm52200

I know that. I figured FOF would be the same. More Dancers cut(if MK had too, Rollseyes!)than cut floats.

95% was a guess. MOUACT is just missing Cindy's Coach, Anna's Sleigh and the little Toy Solder Float if I'm correct. The Title Float has been gone for years.
The only “floats” missing from MOUACT are Goofy Candy factory, the two rocking horses, and the toy soldier drum float. The horse pulled sleds and carriages are absent too.

Yes expect to no longer see the redhead and dragon when Fof returns.

Disney Analyst

If this is true, quite frankly it’s embarrassing for Disney World. A total embrassment.

How can these parks, which have been open so much longer then any Disney park worldwide, not be able to run a full parade, but Disneyland can? Even Disneyland Paris can run a brand new Christmas parade.

What is happening in the swamp?

mm52200

If this is true, quite frankly it’s embarrassing for Disney World. A total embrassment.

How can these parks, which have been open so much longer then any Disney park worldwide, not be able to run a full parade, but Disneyland can? Even Disneyland Paris can run a brand new Christmas parade.

What is happening in the swamp?
Nothing to do with how long they’ve been open. They simply just don’t want to spend the money. That’s all.

Disney Analyst

Nothing to do with how long they’ve been open. They simply just don’t want to spend the money. That’s all.

That’s my point. It’s embarrassing that parks that have been financially impacted far greater then Disney World are running full shows. New shows.

So again, what is happening in the swamp? As clearly this must be decisions made on a local level.

Last edited:

Zummi Gummi

The only “floats” missing from MOUACT are Goofy Candy factory, the two rocking horses, and the toy soldier drum float. The horse pulled sleds and carriages are absent too.

Yes expect to no longer see the redhead and dragon when Fof returns.
Any idea on how many of the dancers will be cut? Is this essentially going to be a cavalcade of floats, like MOUACT is?

ToTBellHop

That’s my point. It’s embarrassing that parks that have been financially impacted far greater then Disney World are running full shows. New shows.

So again, what is happening in the swamp? As clearly this must be decisions made on a local level.
Meanwhile, people complain it is too crowded. Maybe if they offer less, fewer people will come?

dreday3

The dragons removal is bad, of course, but in the grand scale of recent Disney changes it’s a drop in the bucket. It’s sadly funny that this or the Ohana noodles are what can spur fans to concerted action and not the trams, G+, intentional understaffing, wild price increases, cynical exploitation of the pandemic, and all the other changes that are more profound and reflective of deep problems in corporate philosophy. Really, I think cutting the performers is more troubling then cutting the dragon ( though they are, of course, related).

Everyone has their own tipping point.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

dreday3

Yeah, but it’s a bit like saying, “Sir, you ran over my foot, blew up my house, and threw my cat out the window, and I stood idly by, but now you have called me a “silly-billy!” Sir, you have gone too far!!!”

It's okay. You don't have to find fault with everything. Hugs.

Cesar R M

I remember seeing Elena in the opposite side of Tiana on the princess float. Correct me if I am wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom