News Fantasmic!, Festival of Fantasy Parade and Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to return to Walt Disney World

Surferboy567

Aladdin & Moana seems like the new parts of the show. Fantasmic is one all of my all time favorite shows very excited.

Wonder if the Aladdin part of the art is a new part or is referencing the snake Jafar?

EDIT: Pretty sure Pocahontas is being removed and I’d be fine with that.

CJR

Aladdin & Moana seems like the new parts of the show. Fantasmic is one all of my all time favorite shows very excited.

Wonder if the Aladdin part of the art is a new part or is referencing the snake Jafar?

EDIT: Pretty sure Pocahontas is being removed and I’d be fine with that.

I think it's a reference to the existing magic lamp scene. I don’t see any need for a second Aladdin scene involving the lamp.

jrhwdw

Seeing on Twitter that WDW is keeping Cavalcades with FOF returning. which IMO, fine. I mean DL just debuted a Holiday One(IDK how often)and ACF is still at the times you would expect pre COVID.

With as many Cavalcades MK has, it should be intresting to see where FOF goes on the schedule. Back at the normal 2/3PM or later after the Cal, Shift? Same with MOUACT Christmas Week.

CJR

Unless they are going to copy the Whole New World beat from DL.

I thought about that, but it's a lamp in the artwork, not the carpet. It doesn't mean that they couldn't add that scene, of course. I do think the existing Aladdin scene is enough, personally.

bubbles1812

Nice. I missed Fantasmic! when we were there at the beginning of the month. We stayed to watch Disney Movie Magic one of the nights but felt sad not being able to watch Mickey battle some villains.

(Though, I’ll honestly note Movie Magic was the most chill delight I think I’ve ever experienced at a Disney park. Majority of the guests just sat on the pavement to watch it, so there was no sardine-can misery like usual. I hope we eventually get Galatic Spectacular/Jingle Bell Jingle Bam back, but I was surprised how much I loved the relaxed nighttime vibe of DHS right now)

gerarar

Premium Member
Here’s the concept art for reference.

The diamonds are from Frozen 2, snowflakes being from both Frozens. Swirls from Moana. Genie lamp from Aladdin.
423D3282-5D00-4889-AAB7-7B341BC3689D.jpeg

gerarar

Premium Member
Yes. But, for once, they aren’t doing the bare minimum and just fixing broken things. Thankfully, the Pocahontas scene has always been weak for me, so it shouldn’t be hard for this to feel like an improvement.
I’d imagine they wanted to revamp the show for many years now, but could not find the extensive downtime like they have now. It’s a perfect storm.

Like replacing the fountains isn’t that simple, given the excavations that had to be done backstage and such.

ToTBellHop

I’d imagine they wanted to revamp the show for many years now, but could not find the extensive downtime like they have now. It’s a perfect storm.

Like replacing the fountains isn’t that simple, given the excavations that had to be done backstage and such.
Sure. Just happy to see them put the extended downtime to good use. They don’t always do that.

Stupido

I’m all for a frozen 2 and Moana mash up, I think those two movies have some of the best new Disney music. I’m just holding out hope they don’t cut Pocahontas. It’s one of the very few places she’s referenced in the parks, and as a child of the 90s, I’d hate to see her even more scarce.

ToTBellHop

I’m all for a frozen 2 and Moana mash up, I think those two movies have some of the best new Disney music. I’m just holding out hope they don’t cut Pocahontas. It’s one of the very few places she’s referenced in the parks, and as a child of the 90s, I’d hate to see her even more scarce.
Now we know why she is oddly in Enchantment…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom