Fantasia Mickey ride for DCA and DHS

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Original Poster
Even though DHS and DL both have MMRR, I don't think this will be the last of Mickey Mouse when it comes to theme park attractions. Another idea I have is a Mickey ride that revolves around Fantasia. This would be a D ticket level attraction. The plot of the ride would involve Mickey in his Fantasia form and he would take you through ride scenes that have musical and visual elements of WDAS through out the years. It would all lead up to an epic climax where you fight Maleficent on Bald Mountain. The ride would use an 8 seater configuration, but unlike Midway Mania and Web Slingers it is not a back to back setup and there is just one screen in front of the riders like Transformers and is not interactive like the two mentioned above. Like the Princess E ticket The ride would use the glasses free AR or virtual world reality simulator and those would be incorporated into practical set pieces mixed with projection mapping to give off an illusion of depth. The ride can also easily be updated as WDAS movies come out. Sign off below with your thoughts on the ride concept I proposed and what you would do with a Fantasia/another Mickey Mouse attraction.

MickeyMouse10

Now that Animal Kingdom is out of the question and so is Beastly Kingdom. I think Fantasia is best suited for Magic Kingdom. It fits with that park more than the others on the list. Because it has the classic version of Mickey. Whereas Hollywood has a Mickey ride already and it's the Paul Rudish version.

mharrington

Now that Animal Kingdom is out of the question and so is Beastly Kingdom. I think Fantasia is best suited for Magic Kingdom. It fits with that park more than the others on the list. Because it has the classic version of Mickey. Whereas Hollywood has a Mickey ride already and it's the Paul Rudish version.

Where would you find the space for it? Because, to me, space is always a major consideration. I've had lots of ideas, but they rarely go anywhere because there's rarely any space for them.

MickeyMouse10

Where would you find the space for it? Because, to me, space is always a major consideration. I've had lots of ideas, but they rarely go anywhere because there's rarely any space for them.

Yeah, it's totally true, Fantasyland is actually pretty full right now.

They could always expand towards the back of the park. Like they've talked about with the possible Encanto and Coco sections (north of Rivers of America).

mharrington

Yeah, it's totally true, Fantasyland is actually pretty full right now.

They could always expand towards the back of the park. Like they've talked about with the possible Encanto and Coco sections (north of Rivers of America).

Unfortunately, there's no space back there, because you have to contend with both the fireworks fallout zone and, more importantly, the entrance to the all-important utilidors.

MickeyMouse10

Unfortunately, there's no space back there, because you have to contend with both the fireworks fallout zone and, more importantly, the entrance to the all-important utilidors.

Disney-world-magic-kingdom-tunnel-map.jpg

I honestly don't think either would be a problem. If Disney wants to build at the back of the park, they've got plenty of options.

The fireworks can be moved, like they did at Hollywood Studios. The Utilidors meanwhile have been hidden from view since 71. Epcot has theirs right in the middle of it's park. So they could easily find a way to keep Magic Kingdom's out of view.

Last edited:

mharrington

I honestly don't think either would be a problem. If Disney wants to build at the back of the park, they've got plenty of options.

The fireworks can be moved, like they did at Hollywood Studios. The Utilidors meanwhile have been hidden from view since 71. Epcot has theirs right in the middle of it's park. So they could easily find a way to keep Magic Kingdom's out of view.

It's not that simple. Here's the entrance to the utilidors:
cast-member-entrance-to-disney-utilidors.jpg

In order to work back there, the entrance and the bus stop would have to be altered. And since the utilidors are very important, it's going to be impossible for people or buses to get in or out there if the entrance has been blocked off. Sure, it would be out of view of guests (it always will be), but what about the cast members? I don't believe that the utilidors entrance has ever been changed or moved around or altered in away way in fifty-some-odd years. Can you give me an example of when the utilidors entrance has even been relocated/altered for an expansion?

When it comes to creating things, I always think of physical space first, because I prefer to conform my ideas to the surrounding physical space, rather than the other way around, as is often the case here.

Unlike a lot of people here, I like to be more than just pure blue sky. I like to be realistic with my ideas and not just place them in an alternate/parallel reality.

And since when has the Studios ever moved their fireworks around? I didn't even know they did fireworks anymore. I thought it went out in the late '90s when Sorcery In The Sky went away with the debut of Fantasmic. And I thought that Animation thing was just a projection show.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

It's not that simple. Here's the entrance to the utilidors:
cast-member-entrance-to-disney-utilidors.jpg

In order to work back there, the entrance and the bus stop would have to be altered. And since the utilidors are very important, it's going to be impossible for people or buses to get in or out there if the entrance has been blocked off. Sure, it would be out of view of guests (it always will be), but what about the cast members? I don't believe that the utilidors entrance has ever been changed or moved around or altered in away way in fifty-some-odd years. Can you give me an example of when the utilidors entrance has even been relocated/altered for an expansion?

When it comes to creating things, I always think of physical space first, because I prefer to conform my ideas to the surrounding physical space, rather than the other way around, as is often the case here.

Unlike a lot of people here, I like to be more than just pure blue sky. I like to be realistic with my ideas and not just place them in an alternate/parallel reality.

And since when has the Studios ever moved their fireworks around? I didn't even know they did fireworks anymore. I thought it went out in the late '90s when Sorcery In The Sky went away with the debut of Fantasmic. And I thought that Animation thing was just a projection show.

Alright the middle part can stay the way it is, but I think the left and right side are doable.

mharrington

Alright the middle part can stay the way it is, but I think the left and right side are doable.
I don't think it's possible to do anything with the sides without taking everything into account. It would look rather awkward. How can it be doable? I'm saying this as someone who's trying to be ultrarealistic. I have actually done a thread on this years ago, and the response is about what I was expecting: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/utilidors-question.893682/.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Original Poster
This would go in whatever land replaces HollywoodLand at DCA. I have had on my mind that a fitting land for DCA that could replace HollywoodLand would be a Disney Animation area (no Pixar). Maybe this Fantasia ride could be exclusive to DLR. For whatever reason at least for now I feel that whatever replaces HollywoodLand at DCA will be exclusive to DLR like how Cars Land is.

MickeyMouse10

This would go in whatever land replaces HollywoodLand at DCA. I have had on my mind that a fitting land for DCA that could replace HollywoodLand would be a Disney Animation area (no Pixar). Maybe this Fantasia ride could be exclusive to DLR. For whatever reason at least for now I feel that whatever replaces HollywoodLand at DCA will be exclusive to DLR like how Cars Land is.

Yeah, that makes sense.

I like when Disney makes different attractions, for different parks. It makes me want to visit each of them much more. If they had all of the same attractions I'd just stick to the same one.

The Great Gonzo

I say frick it, do it at Animal Kingdom with the whole Beastly Kingdom thing. Do the dragon, do Mickey.

I think it's still worth a go my friends.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom