Famous people who have worked at a Disney theme park

Sweet Melissa

That is interesting. I knew about Steve Martin, but not most of the others. Mr. Martin seems to have had some very interesting experiences at Disneyland. After the Library of Congress selected the home movie, Disneyland Dream for the National Film Archive, Martin wrote to the family who filmed the movie, and said that he was "as positive as one can be" that he appeared in the film. which was shot back in 1956. Anybody interested in seeing the film can watch it here: http://www.archive.org/details/barstow_disneyland_dream_1956

For Steve's comments, see here: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/steve-martin-in-disneyland-dream.html

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
A multitude of accomplished Broadway performers that I've worked with also got their start at a Disney theme park. The two most well known are probably Eden Espinosa, who has played Elphaba in Wicked all over the place, and was also in the closing cast of Rent (and is on that DVD) and Stephanie J. Block, who has also played Elphaba and was recently in 9 to 5. Espinosa was a Disneyland performer and played a multitude of face characters in parades and shows. Since leaving, her voice has most recently been used as the female vocalist in the Magical soundtrack.

Block worked at WDW in what was then MGM Studios. She was the original Belle in the production of Beauty and the Beast.

preludevtec01

"but Disney included him when they recognized all first-day cast members by giving them a lifetime membership to the exclusive Club 55 (not to be confused with Club 33, which anyone can eventually join if they have enough money)"

Ohhhhhhh typos!! :ROFLOL:

Dave Disney

That list doesn't include Robin Williams who at one time was JC skipper and our Keys to the Kingdom guide told us that he is a big part of the reason JC is scripted now!

toetheline29

That list doesn't include Robin Williams who at one time was JC skipper and our Keys to the Kingdom guide told us that he is a big part of the reason JC is scripted now!

:lol:

I recall reading that Patrick Swayze worked for Disney at one point. Not sure what capacity, but I think he was involved with the parades.

I_heart_Tigger

I keep hearing mixed things on this...that he actually never worked at WDW (other than the Timekeeper/Animation attractions) as a CM and doesn't even know how that rumour was started.

Anyone have some facts to back it up (I don't count anything that comes from a KttK guide as a fact)

SirGoofy

I keep hearing mixed things on this...that he actually never worked at WDW (other than the Timekeeper/Animation attractions) as a CM and doesn't even know how that rumour was started.

Anyone have some facts to back it up (I don't count anything that comes from a KttK guide as a fact)

I have no idea if it's true, but I've heard so many different things about it, it leads me to believe it isn't.

As for JC being scripted, it was always scripted.

sillyspook13

My sister worked with Kevin Richardson (Backstreet Boys- no surprise at least one of them was a CM) at Voyage of the Little Mermaid and the now defunct Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show.:)

Dave Disney

My sister worked with Kevin Richardson (Backstreet Boys- no surprise at least one of them was a CM) at Voyage of the Little Mermaid and the now defunct Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show.:)

Holy cow! I had know idea there used to be a TMNT show...that's just awesome...I'm not sure how "Disney" it is but I think I would be absolutely riveted! :lol:

Dave Disney

Wow the Turtlevan and everything...sounds fantastic again as a Disney traditionalist I'm on the fence...but as a former kid who enjoyed the turtles I'm in awe of the possibilities...

trr1

I think that show was at universal

oops sorry it seem they were at mgm studios at WDW in 93
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sM_NqFDNBo
Disney-MGM Studios

The TMNT as they appeared at Disney-MGM Studios.

On 1990-07-01, the TMNT arrived in the "New York Street" section of Disney-MGM Studios theme park in Orlando. Emerging from their Turtle Party Wagon, they would "ninja dance" across the stage while April performed the theme song to the show. After the main show was done they would pose for pictures and sign autographs.
The Turtles made appearances in Walt Disney's "Very Merry Christmas Parade" to sing their own rendition of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". They also appeared during the Easter parade dancing to their single "Pizza Power!" The Turtles' live shows and appearances ceased production in 1996.

Captain Hank

Wow the Turtlevan and everything...sounds fantastic again as a Disney traditionalist I'm on the fence...but as a former kid who enjoyed the turtles I'm in awe of the possibilities...
Additional trivia: the TMNT van was later re-purposed to cary the Green Army Men from Toy Story for their parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom