Family Suites at Art of Animation

Ourgigglebuttons

Original Poster
We found out we’re able to fit in the family suites at Art of Animation (literally at the limit of people) and are so excited because they are so cool! If you have stayed at any of the family suites at the Art of Animation resort what we’re the pros and cons of the room itself? Would you stay there again?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
We stayed there last August. The resort still "feels" very new and very clean. The food court has some fantastic options (much more than your standard food court fair). The pool is very nice... as is having two full bathrooms in each family suite. I think the biggest con was how far away the bus stop is for AoA at Magic Kingdom (I believe it is literally the furthest away). It's a relatively minor complaint though in the grand scheme of things. We would definitely stay there again.

Ourgigglebuttons

Original Poster
We stayed there last August. The resort still "feels" very new and very clean. The food court has some fantastic options (much more than your standard food court fair). The pool is very nice... as is having two full bathrooms in each family suite. I think the biggest con was how far away the bus stop is for AoA at Magic Kingdom (I believe it is literally the furthest away). It's a relatively minor complaint though in the grand scheme of things. We would definitely stay there again.
Okay thank you! If we are driving there do you have the option to drive from the resort to the parks or do you have to catch the bus?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
You can absolutely drive, but if you are going to the Magic Kingdom, even with the further away bus stop, the buses will still be much MUCH faster than if you would drive.

allgiggles

We've stayed at AoA three times so far and have another stay coming up later this month. The suites work really well for our family (we have 5 teen/adult children but only 3 or 4 of them stay in the suite with us). We eat breakfast in the room almost every day so the kitchenette is very handy for us. I love having a master bedroom and bathroom. We really enjoy the pools and the food court as well. Our "kids" don't like to share a bed with anyone so we take an air mattress or 2 along (we drive to Disney) and there's plenty of space to use them. We've stayed in both the Nemo and Lion King suites and like the decor and location of both of those sections. They both have many rooms that are just steps away from the food court (important to us because we use the refillable mugs a lot) and the bus stops. The Cars area is absolutely gorgeous, especially at night! The room decor doesn't appeal to us, so we've never stayed in one of those suites.

I think the only downside for us (as Coaster Lover also mentioned) is that AoA is usually one of furthest (if not *the* furthest) bus stops at every park and at Disney Springs. It doesn't stop us from staying there, but it is annoying. The first time we stayed at AoA (about 9 months after it opened) the bus stops at the parks were much closer and at one park (don't remember which one) it was the closest stop. When we went back a year later they had changed the location of the AoA stop at every park.

Ourgigglebuttons

Original Poster
We've stayed at AoA three times so far and have another stay coming up later this month. The suites work really well for our family (we have 5 teen/adult children but only 3 or 4 of them stay in the suite with us). We eat breakfast in the room almost every day so the kitchenette is very handy for us. I love having a master bedroom and bathroom. We really enjoy the pools and the food court as well. Our "kids" don't like to share a bed with anyone so we take an air mattress or 2 along (we drive to Disney) and there's plenty of space to use them. We've stayed in both the Nemo and Lion King suites and like the decor and location of both of those sections. They both have many rooms that are just steps away from the food court (important to us because we use the refillable mugs a lot) and the bus stops. The Cars area is absolutely gorgeous, especially at night! The room decor doesn't appeal to us, so we've never stayed in one of those suites.

I think the only downside for us (as Coaster Lover also mentioned) is that AoA is usually one of furthest (if not *the* furthest) bus stops at every park and at Disney Springs. It doesn't stop us from staying there, but it is annoying. The first time we stayed at AoA (about 9 months after it opened) the bus stops at the parks were much closer and at one park (don't remember which one) it was the closest stop. When we went back a year later they had changed the location of the AoA stop at every park.
Wow! Thank you so much for all the info! It’s great to hear such great stuff about the suites that we’re interested in. We have 5 too but mine are all small so they don’t mind sleeping together but air mattresses are such a great idea!

allgiggles

Wow! Thank you so much for all the info! It’s great to hear such great stuff about the suites that we’re interested in. We have 5 too but mine are all small so they don’t mind sleeping together but air mattresses are such a great idea!

Another "alternate" bed that works for littles is using the seat cushions from the sofa once you open it into a bed. My youngest has made a bed out of those on a few trips but I think she's too tall now -- though she was probably about 5' tall last time we went and she still did it. We'd just take those cushions (I think it might be one long cushion in a Cars suite), lay them end-to-end and wrap a sheet around them to form a "mattress". You can call housekeeping for additional sheets, blankets, and pillows.

Ourgigglebuttons

Original Poster
Another "alternate" bed that works for littles is using the seat cushions from the sofa once you open it into a bed. My youngest has made a bed out of those on a few trips but I think she's too tall now -- though she was probably about 5' tall last time we went and she still did it. We'd just take those cushions (I think it might be one long cushion in a Cars suite), lay them end-to-end and wrap a sheet around them to form a "mattress". You can call housekeeping for additional sheets, blankets, and pillows.
That’s such a great idea! I’m sure my kids would get a ton of enjoyment out of that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom