Family of Five resort question?

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Has anybody stayed in a 4 person room with five and just used an air mattress? Trying to plan trip but money is so tight.

Dave B

Quite a few of the rooms sleep 5 with a drop down/murphy bed, practically the same price, my son is 17 and 6 foot and he is able to sleep on it fine, it is the size of a single bed

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Depending on the age/size of the 5th guest, POR would be a good choice. Due to occupancy limits and fire codes, you should not try to sneak a 5th person into a room with a max occupancy of 4. Sadly, there aren't a lot of good options for families of 5 when the kids are older. I have 3 teens who will be 18, 16, and 14.5 y/o on our next trip and the two youngest are nearly 6' tall. The ONLY reason we are staying on resort is because having the freedom for someone to go back to the rooms when they're done at the parks and others to stay and continue to enjoy is not a viable option if staying offsite.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Depending on the age/size of the 5th guest, POR would be a good choice. Due to occupancy limits and fire codes, you should not try to sneak a 5th person into a room with a max occupancy of 4. Sadly, there aren't a lot of good options for families of 5 when the kids are older. I have 3 teens who will be 18, 16, and 14.5 y/o on our next trip and the two youngest are nearly 6' tall. The ONLY reason we are staying on resort is because having the freedom for someone to go back to the rooms when they're done at the parks and others to stay and continue to enjoy is not a viable option if staying offsite.
Just an FYI, I have three boys all 6ft +. When not using our DVC points we get two rooms at an all star and ask for a cot in one of them. The beds are tiny but at least everyone has their own. Plus two bathrooms (which is priceless with three boys😉).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom