Family of 6 - Need advice on resort options

ELopez

It will be my husband and myself and our 4 daughters (8,7,5, & 1). We are not particular about space, but we like anything cheap. We have stayed in the cabins at FW (and loved them, but not the transportation). When I enter our info on the website, it denies me the suites at AS Music, but quotes me a rate for POR. How can this be?

We hate the idea of 2 separate rooms, unless we could be assured that they connected to eachother with a door. A kitchen or kithenette would be a plus. We definitely want to stay on property. My husband told me to call Disney reservations, but I trust you guys so much more! What are our options?

tigsmom

The one year old doesn't really count as you don't need a ticket or buy food for her, that may have something to do with the suites problem. :shrug: Does it say that there is availability for your time frame?

We have called WDW and asked for prices and availability before and then get back to them when our dates are set in stone; they have always been very helpful and we do call back and book as soon as we can.

Upvote 0

duck_daddy

It will be my husband and myself and our 4 daughters (8,7,5, & 1). We are not particular about space, but we like anything cheap. We have stayed in the cabins at FW (and loved them, but not the transportation). When I enter our info on the website, it denies me the suites at AS Music, but quotes me a rate for POR. How can this be?

We hate the idea of 2 separate rooms, unless we could be assured that they connected to eachother with a door. A kitchen or kithenette would be a plus. We definitely want to stay on property. My husband told me to call Disney reservations, but I trust you guys so much more! What are our options?
The suites @ ASM would rock for a family of your size if you can get them. I dont know how well POR would work for you, might be a little cramped. You could try the WIlderness Lodge, if thats in the price range, and get a bunk-bed room, that would prob fit you size better. Hope I helped!:wave:

Upvote 0

Robfasto

I would think about a Deluxe room at the Comtemporary or Polynesian they sleep 5 and I believe you are also allowed a crib. With these 2 resorts the rooms are bigger than others so you would have more room.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

... but quotes me a rate for POR. How can this be?

It's quoting you POR because some of the rooms in the Alligator Bayou section sleep 5 with the trundle bed, and they are not counting your 1 year old daughter because she is an infant (i.e. requires a crib/playpen). While I agree the ASM suites would be perfect, if you're looking for a cheaper option, this may be it. POR rooms come with a fridge, as well as a two-sink bathroom area with curtain for extra privacy.

Upvote 0

maelstrom

+ Fort Wilderness cabin
+ All-Star family suite
+ Riverside Alligator Bayou trundle bed room
+ deluxe room at WL or AKL
+ Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach
+ DVC villa
+ two rooms at any resort

The one-year-old doesn't count. The mentioned deluxe resorts can hold five plus a child under 3 in a crib. They have two queen beds and a daybed. The deluxe rooms at WL and AKL have the same type of set-up and can hold five plus the child under 3. The family suites at the All-Stars have one bed, a pull-out sofa, and a pull-out chair and ottoman; they can accomodate 6 plus a child under 3. I would try the family suite if you can as it will have the most room, followed by two connecting rooms, which should be granted as you are two adults travelling with four children.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

Resort Options

The last time we stayed on property we required two rooms for our party but was unable to book that through the web site. However, a short phone call with the wonderful CMs from Disney allowed me to secure the two rooms and have them connecting at Pop Century. You could explore several options on the web and have those ready to ask the CM about when you call. Also keep in mind that you can always rent a refridgerator at a value resort for about $10 a day. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Upvote 0

Kadee

I would certainly give them a call. You never know what your options are until you ask. They have always been very helpful and friendly when I've called. I agree that the ASSuites would be the perfect room for your family. They have become very popular so I would guess they book up quickly. Give them a call and see what they can do.

GOOD LUCK!

Upvote 0

Trishnh

we are also a family of 6 and have stayed at the Cabins (which we do not like since there is NO storage space) but we prefer to get 2 rooms at PO (or any moderate). As others have stated, you could do one room with a trundle and crib at PO Riverside--it will be crowded but do-able. I like the 2 room oprion since you can have a little privacy if you want it, plus it helps if little ones take naps or go to bed earlier and you get the benefit of 2 bathrooms which is alway a plus! You will be guaranteed connecting rooms because of your family size. A cabin is the cheapest route but you could do 2 value rooms to save money over moderates. The deluxe rooms and villas are very expensive and pretty much twice the cost of 2 rooms at a moderate. I usually purchase one annual pass for myself to save $ on the rooms.

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

We always stay at the value resorts and we get 2 rooms (one for the kids and one for us) we tell them when we book the rooms that they must be connecting and it has never, ever been a problem. There is a door between the 2 rooms and for an extra $10 you can get a fridge in the room (although I have heard rumors that the fridge is free if you have an infant or someone on medication that needs to be refridgerated). We love the All-Star Movies but, this April we are giving Pop Century a try.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: CAll the reservation center and ask for quotes. you dont have to book right at that time if you dont want to. I have found the web doesnt allow you to do a lot of things you want to. I would suggest ASM suites,too, or 2 rooms at POP where the door opens into another room. It would be like having 2 bedrooms and 2, yaaay, bathrooms!! you can get a fridge but it will cost you. just check into everything before you book. have fun.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

By all means, give them a call. When you book, you have to specify connecting rooms (not adjoining), and they will do their best to accomodate you (we've always got it when we requested).

Upvote 0

ELopez

Original Poster
Thank you! Thank You! THANK YOU!!

Everyone's info and opinions have been very helpful. I really only like the cabins at FW if we drive - and we are planning to fly this time. We sometimes take our camper, but as I said, I wanted to fly this time. We haven't stayed in a Value or Mod resort since we had our 4th child, so I am not as informed as to what can accomodate us.

The POR website said 4 people max, so I was confused, but I get it now. We stayed there several years ago. I liked it, but it would be a bit tight!

I think I will try a Value suite first, but if that is unavailable, I will try connecting rooms at a Value. Which Value resorts have suites?

Again - can't thank you enough for all the great responses!

Upvote 0

luvGoofy

Last time my family went it was my husband, myself, 6 year old, 2 year old, and my mom and dad and we stayed at pop century. We got 2 rooms and being the same family they will usually honor the request to have adjoining rooms and we also used aaa which was a pretty good room only discount. Having a second bathroom was great also.:)

Upvote 0

ELopez

Original Poster
Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions! I think we've decided to get 2 rooms at Pop. We really wanted to stay on property (plus my husband gets a great discount for being an airline employee). I'm trying to wait to actually book the rooms, because I want to see the new P&P party dates.

Thanks again! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom