Family needing hotel help:

Weather_Lady

yes we are still keeping our fingers crossed for some kind deal for us in march??? If we can't find a good deal we probably won't be able to go. We do all we can to save money we actually drive all the way there from Nebraska to save on the flying cost.

Then I'd suggest (if you're traveling during a high-traffic season) making your room-only reservation now -- you can cancel up to a week prior to arrival with no penalty. If a discount comes out between now and your travel dates, you can call and have it applied to your reservation (or change the reservation to match the criteria for the discount).

Do you have a tent? If you can't find a good deal at Port Orleans Riverside, look into the Fort Wilderness Campground, or into an off-site accommodation. Since you'll have your vehicle, you're not restricted to the on-property options, almost all of which are more expensive than you can find just a few minutes away.

My family always went to Disney on a shoestring budget -- we drove down in our minivan hauling a leaky old pop-up camper, stayed in the campground, and brought all of our meals and snacks with us. In the rarified air of Disney World, bologna sandwiches taste like steak and lumpy sleeping bags feel like the finest feather beds -- at least, they did to us. :)

Cindee75

yes we are still keeping our fingers crossed for some kind deal for us in march??? If we can't find a good deal we probably won't be able to go. We do all we can to save money we actually drive all the way there from Nebraska to save on the flying cost.

I suggest that you sign up for the planning DVD, Disney movie rewards and on the Disney site. I have played around with dates and "saved the offer" for potential dates many times. Not sure which if any of these things helped but I have received PIN codes 4 times in the last 2 years. We are fortunate enough that we got a free dining one for our November trip - it makes it very affordable to stay on site when your Disney adult (10 year old) can eat for free. Good luck - have fun planning. ;) BTW we are a family of 5 also and looking forward to staying at PORS for the first time - our kids are really excited about the Murphy bed. Last trip we rented points and had a 2 bed suite but found we were not in the room a lot and opted for a cheaper room and longer vacation.:joyfull:

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
I suggest that you sign up for the planning DVD, Disney movie rewards and on the Disney site. I have played around with dates and "saved the offer" for potential dates many times. Not sure which if any of these things helped but I have received PIN codes 4 times in the last 2 years. We are fortunate enough that we got a free dining one for our November trip - it makes it very affordable to stay on site when your Disney adult (10 year old) can eat for free. Good luck - have fun planning. ;) BTW we are a family of 5 also and looking forward to staying at PORS for the first time - our kids are really excited about the Murphy bed. Last trip we rented points and had a 2 bed suite but found we were not in the room a lot and opted for a cheaper room and longer vacation.:joyfull:
yes, we are trying our hardest to get a pin code doing everything Disney we can to try and get a pin code for march trip. We know spring break starts at this time but they had free dining last year at this time and that's what we really need.

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Then I'd suggest (if you're traveling during a high-traffic season) making your room-only reservation now -- you can cancel up to a week prior to arrival with no penalty. If a discount comes out between now and your travel dates, you can call and have it applied to your reservation (or change the reservation to match the criteria for the discount).

Do you have a tent? If you can't find a good deal at Port Orleans Riverside, look into the Fort Wilderness Campground, or into an off-site accommodation. Since you'll have your vehicle, you're not restricted to the on-property options, almost all of which are more expensive than you can find just a few minutes away.

My family always went to Disney on a shoestring budget -- we drove down in our minivan hauling a leaky old pop-up camper, stayed in the campground, and brought all of our meals and snacks with us. In the rarified air of Disney World, bologna sandwiches taste like steak and lumpy sleeping bags feel like the finest feather beds -- at least, they did to us. :)

A tent that would be fun, but my wife would no way do this. were driving from Omaha, Nebraska in our Mini Van doing our Griswold Disney adventure. 3 kids in a van for 2 days:banghead: but it will be worth it if you get lucky and get a deal with free dining.

Last edited:

KB LUVS MGM

We are a family of five. Stayed at the Contemporary Garden wing in '05 and were thrilled with the size of the room. The past three times we have stayed at the Beach Club and Yacht Club because we love the location, however the standard rooms are a bit tight. Not a real big deal because we don't spend too much time there. It's all what you make out of it I guess.

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
We are a family of five. Stayed at the Contemporary Garden wing in '05 and were thrilled with the size of the room. The past three times we have stayed at the Beach Club and Yacht Club because we love the location, however the standard rooms are a bit tight. Not a real big deal because we don't spend too much time there. It's all what you make out of it I guess.
yeah we couldn't afford any of those resorts

TAMarie

yes, we are trying our hardest to get a pin code doing everything Disney we can to try and get a pin code for march trip. We know spring break starts at this time but they had free dining last year at this time and that's what we really need.
I agree with the poster that suggested you book now and hope for a discount or pin code. You can always cancel if need to. Rooms for 5 at a reasonable price are limited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom