Family needing hotel help:

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Hello we are a family of five three girls and me and my wife we are trying to figure out if anybody knows a way we can get a resort that takes 4 guest for our family of five, because the price jump to the family suites is just to much for us. Any help would be great thanks.

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
no we always stay on site, we were looking at new Orleans riverside this year. But were hoping might find a way to get into a four person room and open up our choices.

Nemo14

Legally your choices are limited then. There have been people who claim to put an extra person in the room using an air mattress or whatever, but if you are caught, they can make you pay for 2 rooms . You would have to do that by booking a room only reservation and buying your tickets separately. How old are your children?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I just called Disney Travel for you and was told that, even though the website indicates "sleeps up to 4", if you book through them and request the trundle bed (something that POR offers, but according to the agent not all hotels do) then you can sleep 5 there without needing another room (e.g. they won't force you to get another room).

She did indicate that if you had 6 people in your party, the system would force a two room booking for a standard POR room, but with 5, you should be fine.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Oh, hehehe, I got pretty close at guessing the kids ages (they asked)...

I said 5, 9 and 14. Anyhow, as I just noted, the booking agent on the phone said you won't have a problem. Though, I'd book through them directly on the phone to confirm before you plop down any money.

Oh, and I went a step further (yes, I am bored at the moment...I probably should be working, but hey, it's friday)...

Anyhow, I called the POR front desk and asked them the same question and the CM confirmed that POR does have standard view rooms with pull down bed option that will sleep 5 in a single room.

Nemo14

Here's a picture that Master Yoda posted of the Murphy beds at POR:
PO.org-Guest-Jones-IMG_3363_large.jpg

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
wow that sounds good I knew they had the rooms that could hold 5 but thought they were more expensive. Would love to stay in one of the Royal rooms. We have never been able to afford a moderate but the price for the value family suites we so close or even more we decide to try a moderate and POR seemed like a good choice. Thanks for the extra help it does really help us out. We have never had to get a family suite we have always been in the standard rooms that sleep 4 but our little one isn't a baby anymore.

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
The Murphy bed would work great and my 8 year old would love to sleep on that. The Royal rooms beds look really neat with the fireworks on the headboard of the bed. We have stayedat the Movies, and at Pop Twice, but looking for something different.

PUSH

The Murphy bed would work great and my 8 year old would love to sleep on that. The Royal rooms beds look really neat with the fireworks on the headboard of the bed. We have stayedat the Movies, and at Pop Twice, but looking for something different.

The Royal Rooms don't hold 5, only the Alligator Bayou rooms do. The Alligator Bayou rooms don't cost any extra, but the Royal rooms do, so there's a plus.

Weather_Lady

I second the nomination on the Port Orleans Riverside "Alligator Bayou" rooms. They are beautiful, the Murphy bed was comfortable for my super-tall 6-year-old son, and the cost is no more than any other standard moderate room. I believe they are the only "standard" rooms in any of the values/moderates which sleep 5. (I'm sure a crowd of people will rush to correct me if I am wrong.) ;)

After you book, keep an eye out for discounts as they are released -- if on applies to your dates, you can call and have it applied to your reservation.

real mad hatter

The Royal buildings at PORS are Parterre Place and Oak Manor..The other two mansion buildings Magnolia & Arcadian should sleep 5 ok..If not then AB section should also fit your needs.;)

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
I second the nomination on the Port Orleans Riverside "Alligator Bayou" rooms. They are beautiful, the Murphy bed was comfortable for my super-tall 6-year-old son, and the cost is no more than any other standard moderate room. I believe they are the only "standard" rooms in any of the values/moderates which sleep 5. (I'm sure a crowd of people will rush to correct me if I am wrong.) ;)

After you book, keep an eye out for discounts as they are released -- if on applies to your dates, you can call and have it applied to your reservation.
yes we are still keeping our fingers crossed for some kind deal for us in march??? If we can't find a good deal we probably won't be able to go. We do all we can to save money we actually drive all the way there from Nebraska to save on the flying cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom