Trip Report Family Fun in the Hot, Hot Florida Sun!!

Hello All!! I'm back(unfortunately) from yet another wonderful trip to Walt Disney World. Lot's of fun & sweat(not trying to be gross but wow, was it ever nasty) was had by all!! Speaking of all--let me introduce you to our party of 10!! Most of these faces will be familiar to you but there are a few new ones in the mix!! I'll try to do this as simply as possible--
455035665.jpeg

From left to right(somewhat): My sister C, my niece E(C & D's daughter), R(not sure why he's looking so miserable) & myself, in front of me(white shirt) is my niece B, in the green is E's niece L, my niece A(C & D's youngest) is wearing the blue glasses(when she remembers to put them on--her last trip to Disney prior to this one she actually left them at homeo_O), then we have "the same old crew" E & J, and last but certainly not least is my BIL D.
Whew--I'm glad you've met most of these people in the past--otherwise this could get very confusing!!:p

C's family was there June 13th-27th. They stayed the first week at their timeshare right outside of Disney. They spent their second week at our favorite home away from home. The rest of us were there June 18th-25th.

I'm looking forward to reliving the trip with you all--everything but the heat that is!! A big welcome to everyone reading out there!!:)

LeighM

That's too funny!! Everything except the part about you almost falling. Mine was very strong also & it took me hours to drink it and I still didn't finish it. It was way too much for me!!

I drank mine in about 15 minutes or so while waiting for the bread basket thing to arrive. I was thirsty. I usually have a very high alcohol tolerance and one drink doesn't do anything to me. But that one snuck up on me!!!

riverside

Original Poster
I normally wouldn’t even notice what shirt somebody is wearing. However for some reason we’d noticed a lot of pirates and Steelers shirts that day, and had been talking about how many people from Pittsburgh must’ve been there!
I normally wouldn't notice what someone is wearing either but being from Pittsburgh I always notice when I see someone in Pittsburgh sports gear. I didn't notice anybody that day though!!
I don’t hate him or anything because he coached at Carolina. I, along with every other college football fan, just like to make fun of how he talks. :hilarious:
That video kind of threw me for a loop & has me a bit confused. What was that all about?
I drank mine in about 15 minutes or so while waiting for the bread basket thing to arrive. I was thirsty. I usually have a very high alcohol tolerance and one drink doesn't do anything to me. But that one snuck up on me!!!
:oops:15 minutes!! Wow--you're my hero!! Whether it snuck up on you or not that it pretty amazing!!

Loco_driver

I normally wouldn't notice what someone is wearing either but being from Pittsburgh I always notice when I see someone in Pittsburgh sports gear. I didn't notice anybody that day though!!
That’s crazy i bet we saw a dozen that day! And a guy wearing a Pittsburgh fire department shirt was sitting next to us during philharmagic one day. I guess we were just lucky! Lol

riverside

Original Poster
So, in preparation for my upcoming trip I bit the bullet & attempted(attempted being the operative word) to watch a Star Wars movie for the first time in my life. R & I bickered quite a bit about which one I should watch first(the jumbled order of the way those movies were released reminds me of Pulp Fiction--my head was spinning like crazy by the end of it.) I finally decided on watching the one that was released first(A New Hope, I believe) but was actually 4th in line. At the end of it all R said he really gave me credit b/c I was really trying to follow along. I was asking questions & really trying to get into it. Then---wham, just like that I fell asleep(for a good 45 minutes.) I tried so hard to like it but I just couldn't. It's just not me. I was bored to tears.

I am, however, going to attempt to give it another shot. I told R that with no background knowledge on this I am going to have the most boring TR known to man b/c there will be nothing along the lines of commentary--as least for the SWGE part of it!!

krisri18

So, in preparation for my upcoming trip I bit the bullet & attempted(attempted being the operative word) to watch a Star Wars movie for the first time in my life. R & I bickered quite a bit about which one I should watch first(the jumbled order of the way those movies were released reminds me of Pulp Fiction--my head was spinning like crazy by the end of it.) I finally decided on watching the one that was released first(A New Hope, I believe) but was actually 4th in line. At the end of it all R said he really gave me credit b/c I was really trying to follow along. I was asking questions & really trying to get into it. Then---wham, just like that I fell asleep(for a good 45 minutes.) I tried so hard to like it but I just couldn't. It's just not me. I was bored to tears.

I am, however, going to attempt to give it another shot. I told R that with no background knowledge on this I am going to have the most boring TR known to man b/c there will be nothing along the lines of commentary--as least for the SWGE part of it!!
I'd fall asleep too, no worries! We'll just read a lot of "there was dirty metal space stuff and weird space creatures".

Doc Disney

I finally just caught up!
I had so many comments and now I forgot them all :banghead:
I'm happy you guys got the Star Wars preview - I got it too but my Mom told me I "have a couple screws loose" for even considering going because it is just a few days after our next trip :hilarious: Wish I saw the email sooner !

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I'm happy you guys got the Star Wars preview - I got it too but my Mom told me I "have a couple screws loose" for even considering going because it is just a few days after our next trip :hilarious: Wish I saw the email sooner !

Moms HAVE to say that about crazy ideas, but it doesn’t mean we have a strong conviction behind what we are saying. As long as it won’t put a financial strain on you to do it, sometimes in life we need to act on the crazy 😉

Laura Loves Tigger

This made me laugh! My husband (then boyfriend) and I were is college when A New Hope came out. Friends of his raved about it, so he took me to see it. I absolutely loved it while he fell asleep in the theater! Needless to say he did not take me to see any more Star Wars movies! My special needs daughter who I travel with loves the first 6 movies, but HATES the most recent 2, so the only things she wants to do in GE is try the blue milk ;)
My husband will do just about anything for his little girl, so on May 4th this year he took us to a special performance by our symphony where they showed A New Hope and the orchestra played the music live. It was awesome!! And he struggled to stay awake!

riverside

Original Poster
I'd fall asleep too, no worries! We'll just read a lot of "there was dirty metal space stuff and weird space creatures".
🤣🤣🤣 That about sums it up in my book!!
Oh, it's from a pregame show back when Holtz used to work at espn. It's a good example of his gibberish. :hilarious:
🤣🤣🤣 I don't know--I sense some hostility in that statement;)
I finally just caught up!
I had so many comments and now I forgot them all :banghead:
Thanks--I am excited to check it out even though I know nothing about what I'm going to be seeing! My dad told me the same thing when I said that we were going for two nights. He thinks it's pointless. Any way to extend your trip?
Just extend your trip?
Moms HAVE to say that about crazy ideas, but it doesn’t mean we have a strong conviction behind what we are saying. As long as it won’t put a financial strain on you to do it, sometimes in life we need to act on the crazy 😉
I like the way you both think!!
This made me laugh! My husband (then boyfriend) and I were is college when A New Hope came out. Friends of his raved about it, so he took me to see it. I absolutely loved it while he fell asleep in the theater! Needless to say he did not take me to see any more Star Wars movies! My special needs daughter who I travel with loves the first 6 movies, but HATES the most recent 2, so the only things she wants to do in GE is try the blue milk ;)
My husband will do just about anything for his little girl, so on May 4th this year he took us to a special performance by our symphony where they showed A New Hope and the orchestra played the music live. It was awesome!! And he struggled to stay awake!
Haha!! That's funny--you would think normally the girls would be falling asleep & the guys would be into it!! So, am I to assume that GE looks like the later movies then?
How sweet of your husband!! A few years ago R & I went to a show here called "One Man-Star Wars Trilogy". We had front row seats. At one point the performer started asking who saw this & that Star Wars movie. Finally he asked who there had never seen a single movie. I raised my hand & the guy looked astounded & asked me what I was doing in the front row then. I just pointed to R. The guy continued to make fun of me every chance he got throughout the show so I couldn't fall asleep like I wanted to!!

lindawdw

I can totally understand how you feel at Star Wars!!! I saw the first one ever in 1977 I believe and my boyfriend and I fell asleep in the theater. When we walked out, we looked at each other and said that we didn't understand any of it!🤣🤣🤣 Hopefully you'll still find the new land interesting.

riverside

Original Poster
I can totally understand how you feel at Star Wars!!! I saw the first one ever in 1977 I believe and my boyfriend and I fell asleep in the theater. When we walked out, we looked at each other and said that we didn't understand any of it!🤣🤣🤣 Hopefully you'll still find the new land interesting.
I don't get into science fiction so it's no wonder that I don't care for it. Interesting that you both fell asleep--I'm wondering could it be the movie? The reason R & I bickered about which one to watch is b/c he said I would probably be bored with A New Hope. He wanted me to start with The Empire Strikes Back. Maybe that would have kept my attention better??--I doubt it though!! 🤣
I am excited to see the new land--& just to go to Disney in general!!:D

Longers

TUESDAY, JUNE 25TH

R had asked me to get him a Sprite while I was taking B to get food. I brought it back & sat down next to him. The next thing I know it looked like we were at The Fountain of Nations. R went to open the Sprite bottle & it exploded. R was absolutely drenched. I got sprayed with quite a bit of it. The guy sitting across from us even got sprayed with it. It was so embarrassing!!
View attachment 394665

These pictures don't even show how soaked R really was.
View attachment 394666

View attachment 394667

We apologized to the guy sitting across from us. He joked to R & said he saw me shaking the bottle the whole way to the seat.
View attachment 394668

BTW--that guy was Lou Holtz!!
View attachment 394669

There's R after he cleaned himself up.
View attachment 394670

R had said that while I was with B lots of people were coming up to him talking football or asking for pictures & autographs. I asked R if he talked to him & he said no & he surely wasn't going to now!! He was embarrassed by the whole incident!!
View attachment 394671

View attachment 394672

When we landed I went to change the weather on my phone to Pittsburgh.
I already missed Disney but I surely did not miss this!!
View attachment 394673

R & I both agreed that we felt cold that evening. The 60's aren't cold temps in the least but I guess we weren't used to them & it actually felt chilly!!
View attachment 394674
Look at that--rain 7 out of 9 days. Who would have thought?? :joyfull:

Well, that about wraps up this TR!! I hope you enjoyed meeting the family & I didn't confuse you too much. Don't worry the next adventure will just be "the same old crew." It will be much easier to follow!! Thank you all for following along!! I enjoy reliving my trips with all of you. Having the interaction with you is really the best part & makes it so much fun!! 21 days from today we'll be in the skies & on our way so I'll see ya real soon!!
Thanks for sharing your trip - I teared up at the end when you had to say goodbye to Riverside too.
looking forward to the next TR

Laura Loves Tigger

The new land is based on the new movies. I agree that The Empire Strikes Back might hold your interest more. There is a lot more action and I think the characters are more fully developed.

Doc Disney

Thanks--I am excited to check it out even though I know nothing about what I'm going to be seeing! My dad told me the same thing when I said that we were going for two nights. He thinks it's pointless. Any way to extend your trip?

Sadly no.....I don't have enough time off from work :(
Can't wait to hear all about it!

Doc Disney

Just extend your trip?

Not enough days off from work (I have too many trips planned) and a slight financial strain hahaha Its ok though I will see it eventually !

riverside

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing your trip - I teared up at the end when you had to say goodbye to Riverside too.
looking forward to the next TR
Thanks for reading!! I'm already tearing up knowing that I'm only going to be there for 2 nights here soon. I'm grateful that I am able to go but it keeps haunting me that less than 24 hours after arriving that dreaded envelope will be hanging on my door!
I'm looking forward to yours also & keeping my fingers crossed for a meet up!! 🤞
The new land is based on the new movies. I agree that The Empire Strikes Back might hold your interest more. There is a lot more action and I think the characters are more fully developed.
So, even if I watched the older ones I guess it won't help me that much then--with the land at least. Maybe I'll give The Empire Strikes Back a whirl though!!
Sadly no.....I don't have enough time off from work :(
Can't wait to hear all about it!
Why is it that work always gets in the way of things?:hilarious:
Thanks!!

Rista1313

I've only seen 2 SW movies... Empire Strikes back in the movie theatre when I was 8, and then Solo a few years ago... I get bored too. But since hubby loves it... we'll be seeing Galaxy's Edge for him... we got a reservation for Oga's Cantina, so I don't have to worry about not being let into the land.

riverside

Original Poster
I've only seen 2 SW movies... Empire Strikes back in the movie theatre when I was 8, and then Solo a few years ago... I get bored too. But since hubby loves it... we'll be seeing Galaxy's Edge for him... we got a reservation for Oga's Cantina, so I don't have to worry about not being let into the land.
You're doing good!! That's 2 more than I've seen!! 🤣
I think I screwed up for the passholder preview. You have a choice of making a lightsaber or going to the cantina. My understanding is that you had to pick while you were signing up. I guess I somehow missed that & didn't pick either(I would have picked the cantina). So, I called Disney & the woman acted like she didn't know what I was talking about. I guess it's "no cantina for me" so I'll be interested to hear what you think about it!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom