Trip Report Family Fun in the Hot, Hot Florida Sun!!

Hello All!! I'm back(unfortunately) from yet another wonderful trip to Walt Disney World. Lot's of fun & sweat(not trying to be gross but wow, was it ever nasty) was had by all!! Speaking of all--let me introduce you to our party of 10!! Most of these faces will be familiar to you but there are a few new ones in the mix!! I'll try to do this as simply as possible--
455035665.jpeg

From left to right(somewhat): My sister C, my niece E(C & D's daughter), R(not sure why he's looking so miserable) & myself, in front of me(white shirt) is my niece B, in the green is E's niece L, my niece A(C & D's youngest) is wearing the blue glasses(when she remembers to put them on--her last trip to Disney prior to this one she actually left them at homeo_O), then we have "the same old crew" E & J, and last but certainly not least is my BIL D.
Whew--I'm glad you've met most of these people in the past--otherwise this could get very confusing!!:p

C's family was there June 13th-27th. They stayed the first week at their timeshare right outside of Disney. They spent their second week at our favorite home away from home. The rest of us were there June 18th-25th.

I'm looking forward to reliving the trip with you all--everything but the heat that is!! A big welcome to everyone reading out there!!:)

riverside

Original Poster
I know Kelly has been following along closely but I'm late to the party. Great report so far! Love the photos of the Riverside area that you walk around. I know when we stayed in the French Quarter last year, I really enjoyed running through Riverside in the mornings. Such different feel to both resorts.

And thanks for the great pics of Wilderness Lodge. Easily my favourite resort on property and the place we are staying in January for Marathon Weekend.

Looking forward to reading more!
Thank you!! Yes--there is a different feel to both. I feel like French Quarter has more of a "party type" atmosphere than Riverside.

Wilderness Lodge is pretty. The lobby is quite impressive. I do wish I would have got to see more of it than what I did. I'll rely on your TR in January for that!! 😄
Thank you both for reading!! I'm enjoying yours also!!

Yup.

You, J and E... got it ;)
Very much so. 😄
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
I debated even sharing that bit of info b/c I figured it might throw everyone for a loop!!
I'm in. . .LATE! Taking notes. . . As a side note, that little red car looks a lot like a Mustang, not a Camaro.
Welcome! Better late than never!! It very well could be. I know his favorite is the Camaro so maybe I just assumed that's what it is?? I know absolutely nothing about cars esp. sporty ones. Heck, I drive a Honda Pilot if that tells you anything about me.
Thanks for reading!!

riverside

Original Poster
Your little guy is just adorable in his camaro hat! So cute!
Thank you!! He is a trip!!
Here's a funny one. The other day E was at my house. I gave J & M(another niece) popsicles. When they were done I wiped their hands with Wet Ones. I keep a jar with candy in the refrigerator for the kids. J & M spied the candy jar but I knew E wouldn't let him have any since he just had a popsicle. E went to go outside & J says to her, "Here, let me get the door for you." He hurries her out & closes the door then turns to me & loudly says, "Good, she's outside & I closed the door. Can I get a piece of candy?" He said it so loud that she probably heard him!! As he's going to take a bite E walks in the door. He puts his hands behind his back & keeps moving around the kitchen so she can't see behind his back. She went back outside & he says--loudly again, "Wow, that was close." He eats the Kit Kat & his hands are completely covered in chocolate from holding it What does he do? He goes outside & tells E he needs another Wet One. Really J?? Now he's going to get me in trouble!! E's asking him how his hands got dirty when he just had them wiped. I intervened & told her I'd take care of it.😰

Zipadeelady

FRIDAY, JUNE 21ST

We headed out at 6 for our morning walk. C joined us since her family moved to POR the day before. See the bridge? Since it was still normally a bit dark when we would be near it we would see bats flying around there. C totally freaked out & after this day we had to do a different route so we didn't run into them anymore. Can't say I blame her--I don't care for the swooping around me either. Her fear is that one will get caught in her hair.
View attachment 388467

I was completely appalled to see this. That guy was fishing! They have a fishing hole there but it's nowhere in the area he is in. I think he was just trying to sneak in some casts while there weren't many people out. That's just wrong though. I have stayed at POR many times & this was the first time I ever saw someone step foot on the grass. Shame on him!! @Zipitidoda I didn't feel so funny taking this one since I was quite a bit away from him.

I'm so confused... What was he going to do, grab some kindling from the brush and cook it on a stick right there! :rolleyes:

People..... I just don't get it. But I'm glad you got a picture this time, good job.:)

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, JUNE 21ST

At this point we were ready for lunch so we headed back to WS. C's family had a FP for Soarin so we were going to meet back up with them in a bit.
IMG_1719.JPEG

The crowds were still pretty light.
IMG_1720.JPEG

And here was our destination!!
IMG_1721.JPEG

Most of us got the Croque Monsieur. It was very good!!
IMG_1722.JPEG

B wanted the Macarons also so she got those.
IMG_1723.JPEG

While we were eating I about fainted & it wasn't from the heat. It was a bird!! I am petrified of birds if they are indoors. They always seem so panicked & I'm sure it's b/c they are scared themselves but they really scare me. It flew right by me while we were eating then had the nerve to hang out right by us.
IMG_1724.JPEG

I got a good laugh b/c of this woman. It must have been her first meal in a Disney park ever. She couldn't figure out how to get the fork out of the dispenser. Finally, she got it open(as one would if they were filling it) & took one out!!
IMG_1727.JPEG

We had a FP for Frozen next. What a disaster that turned out to be. The whole way there J kept whining. All he did was repeat, "I don't want to ride Frozen." As we're in the FP line he really started carrying on so E got out of line with him. I felt bad for her. She ends up not going on quite a few things b/c he's deciding more & more that he's afraid of things.
IMG_1728.JPEG

IMG_1730.JPEG

R was a bit irritated that they put all 4 of us in one row. I knew it would be a bit tight but I didn't want to agree with him b/c it would make him feel justified in being irritated & he'd be in a bad mood then. I told him to get over it & that B & L are skinny so it wouldn't be that bad.
456942214.jpeg

Swissmiss

Premium Member
FRIDAY, JUNE 21ST

At this point we were ready for lunch so we headed back to WS. C's family had a FP for Soarin so we were going to meet back up with them in a bit.
View attachment 388939

The crowds were still pretty light.
View attachment 388940

And here was our destination!!
View attachment 388941

Most of us got the Croque Monsieur. It was very good!!
View attachment 388942

B wanted the Macarons also so she got those.
View attachment 388943

While we were eating I about fainted & it wasn't from the heat. It was a bird!! I am petrified of birds if they are indoors. They always seem so panicked & I'm sure it's b/c they are scared themselves but they really scare me. It flew right by me while we were eating then had the nerve to hang out right by us.
View attachment 388944

I got a good laugh b/c of this woman. It must have been her first meal in a Disney park ever. She couldn't figure out how to get the fork out of the dispenser. Finally, she got it open(as one would if they were filling it) & took one out!!
View attachment 388945

We had a FP for Frozen next. What a disaster that turned out to be. The whole way there J kept whining. All he did was repeat, "I don't want to ride Frozen." As we're in the FP line he really started carrying on so E got out of line with him. I felt bad for her. She ends up not going on quite a few things b/c he's deciding more & more that he's afraid of things.
View attachment 388946

View attachment 388947

R was a bit irritated that they put all 4 of us in one row. I knew it would be a bit tight but I didn't want to agree with him b/c it would make him feel justified in being irritated & he'd be in a bad mood then. I told him to get over it & that B & L are skinny so it wouldn't be that bad.
View attachment 388949

You should have told R to let it go 😀

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, JUNE 21ST

E had texted me to say she was at Rose & Crown. Was I surprised? Not in the least bit. She was pretty aggravated, it was pretty hot & D loves it there so I knew a visit there would be in the cards.

I normally take a picture of whoever I'm with & send it to D. I didn't have to do that today though since he was with us!!
IMG_1731.JPEG

E had ordered these chips. I was surprised that it wasn't that crowded considering how hot it was outside. I would have been content spending the rest of the afternoon there(we practically did:oops:!!)
IMG_1732.JPEG

Many moons ago the four of us took a picture in Rose & Crown. Every time we are there we recreate it!!
IMG_1733.JPEG

IMG_1735.JPEG

The British Revolution was playing at 3:00 & R wanted to see them. I know I've mentioned it in previous TR's but R gets mad if we're at Epcot & they're not playing that day.
IMG_1737.JPEG

I asked if anyone wanted to go with us. E, B, & L chose to walk around WS. They were on a mission to get henna tattoos in Morocco. J was sleeping in the stroller. E, C, & D were content staying in Rose & Crown. A was the only taker.
IMG_1738.JPEG

IMG_1740.JPEG

These CM's were having a great time dancing away. They were almost more entertaining than the actual show!!
IMG_1741.JPEG

We walked through the shops after the show. I had to take this picture of A. Any guesses as to what her name is? First & middle......
IMG_1743.JPEG

D named her.....he is a big Beatles fan!! C was fine with it. Her only stipulation was that her middle name be spelled different so that it looked more feminine.

Mary Poppins was out with only a few people in line. While we were waiting A was quietly singing "A Spoonful of Sugar". When it was our turn I mentioned that she was singing it & Mary Poppins asked her to sing it for her. She did a great job!!
IMG_1745.JPEG

LeighM

I have a more confusing family situation for you. Briefly: two of my Grandma's aunts (on her father's side) married brothers and 2 of my Grandma's sisters married brothers that were the sons of the 3rd brother that was the brother in law to their aunts. But Grandma married a 1st cousin (also on her fathers side) that she didn't grow up with. Grandma had another sister that married the brother to the husband that was married to her cousin/SIL. It gets even more confusing but you would need a printed family tree to understand it all LOL.

Matt and Kelly

That’s like our Lennon. My dad was born in England and was the biggest Beatles fan. He even has life size cardboard cutouts of them. When he passed away, we knew right away that a great way to honour him was to name her after his favourite band. Although she thinks it’s a boy names and prefers to be called Lenny, I’m sure she will appreciate it when she’s older.
Kelly.

krisri18

I have a more confusing family situation for you. Briefly: two of my Grandma's aunts (on her father's side) married brothers and 2 of my Grandma's sisters married brothers that were the sons of the 3rd brother that was the brother in law to their aunts. But Grandma married a 1st cousin (also on her fathers side) that she didn't grow up with. Grandma had another sister that married the brother to the husband that was married to her cousin/SIL. It gets even more confusing but you would need a printed family tree to understand it all LOL.
Wait what? I'm not sure even a printed family tree would help me here. Lol

riverside

Original Poster
I've read this multiple times & I just can't follow it....:confused:🤣
That’s like our Lennon. My dad was born in England and was the biggest Beatles fan. He even has life size cardboard cutouts of them. When he passed away, we knew right away that a great way to honour him was to name her after his favourite band. Although she thinks it’s a boy names and prefers to be called Lenny, I’m sure she will appreciate it when she’s older.
Kelly.
That is so neat!! I don't think of it as a boy name at all. Actually, I remember when I first started reading your TR's thinking to myself what a pretty name it is!!
I think Lennon is a beautiful first name - it is unique but not “out there”. I hope she appreciates it as she gets older. And what a great way to honor your father too.
Agreed!

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, JUNE 21ST

We went back to Rose & Crown to meet back up with the group & refresh our beverages. The girls just got back & were excited with their tattoos. They were tired & hot though. They said they walked around the whole WS & were beat from the heat.
IMG_1749.JPEG

IMG_1750.JPEG

Having fun in the a/c!!
IMG_0431.JPEG

R & I got another drink. I had the Half & Half.
IMG_1751.JPEG

R got the Leaping Leprechaun.
IMG_1752.JPEG

While we were getting our drinks I asked the bartender if Jack from Glasgow(@susan lees son) was working that day. She told me that she only knew what bartenders were working & if I was inquiring about a waiter that I would need to go outside to where you check in for the restaurant. So, outside I went. I asked & the first CM seemed kind of hesitant & said she wasn't sure. The other CM said that he was on a break right then. I asked if I could come back in a little bit. I told them I wasn't there to take up a lot of his time. I just wanted to say hello.
IMG_1753.JPEG

IMG_1759.JPEG

J's still sporting his new hat!!
IMG_1760.JPEG

About a half hour/45 minutes later I went back & inquired again. At this point I got the feeling that they thought I was a full blown stalker. They told me he was still on a break.:cautious: Jokingly I said, "Wow. How long do you get for breaks around here?" They didn't really answer me. I think I was making them a bit nervous so I thanked them for their time & off I went. While we were in the bar I kept looking at the waiter's name tags when they would come near us to see if I could find him but no such luck. I was disappointed. @susan lees I was really hoping to meet him!! Please pass along my apologies if the CM's told him that some random lady was looking for him, not once but twice. I could see where he would be creeped out!!
IMG_1762.JPEG

One last photo for the road!!
IMG_2412.JPG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, JUNE 21ST

For the life of me I can't remember where C & family were eating dinner but I know where we were headed!!
IMG_1763.JPEG

IMG_1765.JPEG

IMG_1767.JPEG

R offered to check us in.
IMG_1769.JPEG

Oh....those dreaded steps. The last thing I wanted to do was climb them on a hot day. They feel like they take forever to walk up.
IMG_1770.JPEG

We were dining at.....
IMG_1774.JPEG

.....I guess R didn't get the memo b/c when we got inside he headed to Tokyo Dining!! And he checked us in how??:confused:
IMG_1775.JPEG

It had been a few years since I ate there so I was excited to be back. I've always had great meals there. B picked this restaurant. She really likes it there.
IMG_1777.JPEG

IMG_1778.JPEG

J's ready with his chopsticks!!
IMG_3552.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, JUNE 21ST

One of the highlights of the meal--plastic straws!!:) I assume b/c they are not a Disney owned restaurant they can do their own thing? I'm all for conserving, recycling etc. etc. but the paper straws are just plain gross. I know I haven't brought it up yet in this TR but none of us were fans of them. As you can see, B was happy with the straw!!
IMG_1781.JPEG

My beer didn't need a straw & I decided not to use mine for my water. I saved it for future use.
IMG_1782.JPEG

J looks like something in his bowl surprised him.
IMG_1783.JPEG

Our chef was nothing short of awesome!! So entertaining & fun!!
IMG_1785.JPEG

IMG_1786.JPEG

IMG_1790.JPEG

He had B & J's attention for sure.
IMG_1793.JPEG

Tree of Life--pretty creative. That's the first time I saw anyone do that there!!
IMG_1796.JPEG

IMG_1798.JPEG

IMG_1800.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, JUNE 21ST

We got started with the noodles & veggies while the proteins were being cooked.
IMG_1801.JPEG

IMG_1806.JPEG

Am I the only one at the table that doesn't know how to use chopsticks?
IMG_1808.JPEG

This picture cracks me up so I had to zoom in to get a closeup!
IMG_1810.JPEG

IMG_1811.JPEG

E & A stopped by to say hi!! Actually, E had borrowed my Fuel Rod & came up to return it.
IMG_1812.JPEG

My main course.
IMG_1813.JPEG

L had chicken. I'm thinking R had salmon--I can't really tell.
IMG_1814.JPEG

Towards the end of the meal R left to go to the bathroom. He was gone FOREVER. I assumed he went back to Tokyo Dining!!:hilarious:
IMG_1816.JPEG

He's back!!
IMG_1817.JPEG

As usual, we had great meals at Teppan Edo!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom