Trip Report Family Fun in the Hot, Hot Florida Sun!!

Hello All!! I'm back(unfortunately) from yet another wonderful trip to Walt Disney World. Lot's of fun & sweat(not trying to be gross but wow, was it ever nasty) was had by all!! Speaking of all--let me introduce you to our party of 10!! Most of these faces will be familiar to you but there are a few new ones in the mix!! I'll try to do this as simply as possible--
455035665.jpeg

From left to right(somewhat): My sister C, my niece E(C & D's daughter), R(not sure why he's looking so miserable) & myself, in front of me(white shirt) is my niece B, in the green is E's niece L, my niece A(C & D's youngest) is wearing the blue glasses(when she remembers to put them on--her last trip to Disney prior to this one she actually left them at homeo_O), then we have "the same old crew" E & J, and last but certainly not least is my BIL D.
Whew--I'm glad you've met most of these people in the past--otherwise this could get very confusing!!:p

C's family was there June 13th-27th. They stayed the first week at their timeshare right outside of Disney. They spent their second week at our favorite home away from home. The rest of us were there June 18th-25th.

I'm looking forward to reliving the trip with you all--everything but the heat that is!! A big welcome to everyone reading out there!!:)

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

The skies weren't looking too promising after dinner.
IMG_1346.JPEG

We were supposed to meet up with the rest of the family for our Mine Train FP's. I got a text from my niece, E that they were heading out b/c there was a storm coming. We decided to do the same.
IMG_1348.JPEG

Pretty rainbow!!
IMG_1349.JPEG

We stopped in The Confectionary to get some jelly beans. Those few minutes in there cost us b/c when we came out the heavens were coming down on us. It was a drenching rain.
IMG_1350.JPEG

IMG_1351.JPEG

By the time we made it to the bus stop we were thoroughly soaked. On the bright side there was a Riverside bus there waiting.
IMG_1352.JPEG

IMG_1353.JPEG

J's smiling b/c he has jelly beans!!
IMG_1354.JPEG

IMG_1355.JPEG

B wasn't too thrilled with how wet she was--I didn't blame her!!
IMG_1356.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

E and her crew got off at the West Depot & the rest of us got off at the North.
IMG_1357.JPEG

Our luggage was there along with this welcome back note.
IMG_1359.JPEG

We unpacked a bit then headed down to The River Roost. It was about 9:00 and Muddy Rivers was already closed.
IMG_1360.JPEG

That's B on the right there.

L met us down there. E & J stayed back. We got a family favorite--the Loaded Potato Puffs!!:hungry:
IMG_1361.JPEG

Another glass of wine for me but no Pinot Grigio this time. They don't have it there??!!:confused:A little strange if you ask me. I think I had a Chardonnay instead. R had the Magical Star Cocktail.
IMG_1362.JPEG

IMG_1363.JPEG

The Loaded Potato Puffs arrived but where were they?? They really cut down on the portion size. We were quite disappointed.
IMG_1365.JPEG

We headed back around 10:00. We walked L to her room. There were huge puddles everywhere.
IMG_1368.JPEG

They were on the second floor also.
IMG_1369.JPEG

That's the quiet pool that was outside of our room.
IMG_1370.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I love POR! Thanks for the pic's. It used to be our home resort, but we have switched to POFQ. We really like that one, but miss POR. each visit must include a walk to POR to the Mill and the best resort store, IMO, in any resort!
Love following your family around:)
I have a few really neat pics coming up!! I always say if POR was full I would stay at FQ. It is a beautiful resort & I agree, Fulton's is great! I like that it's pretty big & they have a lot there. E says she likes the merchandise at Jackson Square better though.
Thanks for following!!
Am I the only one that thinks the beast looks creepy!?
So creepy!
:joyfull::joyfull:I never gave it much thought but he kind of is--in a cute sort of way though!!
That is an old school one! I loved Primal Scream too. They were great in concert, only saw them that one time but loved it. I couldn’t hear for a week though. Lol
The first time I saw them was on the Carnival of Sins tour. Pretty much our whole family(the adults that is)was going. A major storm was coming & it was to rain for hours. Of course, it was at an outside venue. Everyone started backing out. E & B(one of my other sisters)knew I would go by myself b/c I really wanted to see them so they still came. It was a complete downpour the whole way there. The rain stopped for the show & as soon as it ended it started again which did make the drive home miserable. I was amazed at what a great show they put on! I kept rubbing it in to R & the rest of the family about how they made a big mistake by not going. Since then R & I have seen them 2 or 3 times. Each show has been excellent!!

susan lees

TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

And the rain came down harder & harder.....
View attachment 386064

Remember what I said about assuming??

We made stops at Old Key West....
View attachment 386065

....and Saratoga Springs.
View attachment 386066

French Quarter was next then we were finally home!!
View attachment 386067

As you can see by these pictures the rain was relentless.
View attachment 386068

Our original plan was to see where our rooms were then to head to MK for lunch.
After looking at the radar we decided to wait out the storm at POR and eat lunch at The Riverside Mill.
View attachment 386069

Regardless of the rain it was great to be back!!:inlove:
View attachment 386070

We stopped in Fulton's first to look around.
View attachment 386071

Then we went to get something to eat.
View attachment 386072

It was pretty quiet outside given the weather conditions.
View attachment 386073
You definitely don't want to stay in UK. Our gas (or petrol as we call it) prices are way higher than in the US.😬😢

Last edited:

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH

Back here at home E & I meet every morning at 6:00(as long as I don't have to work super early--sometimes I have to start at 4:00) and walk 3 miles. Since L was staying with her & would be in the room with J E said she would still like to walk at POR. This first day we decided to meet at 6:30. After that day we moved the time back to 6 b/c 6:30 didn't give us enough time & we felt too rushed.

The view from the front of our building.
IMG_1371.JPEG

Our room--2nd floor.
IMG_1372.JPEG

Look at this beautiful rainbow!! It was simply amazing & perfect!! I took tons of pictures but they're all pretty much the same so I'm just going to share a few.
IMG_1378.JPEG

IMG_1384.JPEG

What a great way to start the day!! @Minnesota disney fan isn't it beautiful?

We went down to FQ.
IMG_1385.JPEG

When we were done I went back with E to her room. She had placed an order through Garden Grocer & had got R a weeks supply of bananas(remember that he has to have one every day).

This was the view from her room.
IMG_1386.JPEG

R's bananas. E said she felt bad b/c they were so small. I told her not to feel bad. It's not like she grew them!!
IMG_1388.JPEG

IMG_1390.PNG

I was so bummed when I looked at my watch. It had stopped:arghh: I absolutely HAVE TO WEAR A WATCH. I don't like to look at my phone for the time, I like to look at my watch. Now, I had to go for a whole week not knowing what time it was. I still wore the watch most of the week b/c I feel weird not having it on.This isn't the first time this has happened to me on vacation either. I went to Key West & it had stopped on the day I got there. I like looking at a clock also. At work I'm always turning & looking over my shoulder at the clock on the wall even though the computer(that's right in front of my face)tells me the time. I guess I'm a bit old school!!
IMG_1391.JPEG

I had stopped at The Riverside Mill to get R his apples & juice. B got a cinnamon roll & I got a yogurt parfait.
IMG_1392.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH

After everyone was ready we headed to the North Depot. I kid you not--the whole week we were there the time for the HS buses was never displayed. Our last day there a guy was panicking b/c it didn't show a wait time. I told him to get used to it b/c it had been that way all week. He really got nervous b/c he thought that meant that there weren't buses going there. I told him that was not the case & it would come but who knows when.
IMG_1393.PNG

IMG_1394.JPEG

I like the new bus area except for the fact that POR is one of the furthest stops now. One of my favorite things about HS was that the POR stop was pretty much a stone's throw from the entrance. I guess I got spoiled!!
IMG_1395.JPEG

Testing the sky liners.
IMG_1396.JPEG

IMG_1397.JPEG

E & J went through the AP line. I stayed with the rest of the group & went in with them. When we got inside she was taking a survey & J looked to be quite involved with his iPod.
IMG_1399.JPEG

The March of the First Order came through.
IMG_1401.JPEG

We were in the perfect spot & J was busy snapping away!!
IMG_1402.JPEG

IMG_1403.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH

We stopped for a few photos on Hollywood Blvd.
455250077.jpeg

455250276.jpeg

455250365.jpeg

455250405.jpeg

We had a FP for VotLM that we missed so we went to Starbucks instead. J got a cake pop.
IMG_1406.JPEG

We looked around a few shops--what's open of them. The whole left side on Hollywood Blvd. is closed.
Don't these look really weird?? Esp. Buzz.
IMG_1407.JPEG

This show was funny. I'm always excited to see them out and about.
IMG_1408.JPEG

IMG_1409.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH

We headed to the 11:00 BatB show.
IMG_1410.JPEG

We sat pretty far down. I enjoy doing that from time to time. It gives a different perspective on the show.
IMG_1411.JPEG

IMG_1412.JPEG

The lady sitting next to us offered to take our picture.
IMG_0253.JPEG

Notice me wearing the watch that doesn't tell time!!

C & family arrived right before the show started & we were able to sit together!!
IMG_1417.JPEG

IMG_1418.JPEG

Photographer J was at it again!!
IMG_1419.JPEG

IMG_1420.JPEG

IMG_1421.JPEG

As usual, we all enjoyed the show!!

I must say the pain of not having Starring Rolls around is a little easier to handle since they covered up the name on the umbrellas!!
IMG_1422.JPEG

PacNWTigger

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH

Back here at home E & I meet every morning at 6:00(as long as I don't have to work super early--sometimes I have to start at 4:00) and walk 3 miles. Since L was staying with her & would be in the room with J E said she would still like to walk at POR. This first day we decided to meet at 6:30. After that day we moved the time back to 6 b/c 6:30 didn't give us enough time & we felt too rushed.

The view from the front of our building.
View attachment 386638

Our room--2nd floor.
View attachment 386639

Look at this beautiful rainbow!! It was simply amazing & perfect!! I took tons of pictures but they're all pretty much the same so I'm just going to share a few.
View attachment 386640

View attachment 386641
What a great way to start the day!! @Minnesota disney fan isn't it beautiful?

We went down to FQ.
View attachment 386642

When we were done I went back with E to her room. She had placed an order through Garden Grocer & had got R a weeks supply of bananas(remember that he has to have one every day).

This was the view from her room.
View attachment 386643

R's bananas. E said she felt bad b/c they were so small. I told her not to feel bad. It's not like she grew them!!
View attachment 386644

View attachment 386645

I was so bummed when I looked at my watch. It had stopped:arghh: I absolutely HAVE TO WEAR A WATCH. I don't like to look at my phone for the time, I like to look at my watch. Now, I had to go for a whole week not knowing what time it was. I still wore the watch most of the week b/c I feel weird not having it on.This isn't the first time this has happened to me on vacation either. I went to Key West & it had stopped on the day I got there. I like looking at a clock also. At work I'm always turning & looking over my shoulder at the clock on the wall even though the computer(that's right in front of my face)tells me the time. I guess I'm a bit old school!!
View attachment 386646

I had stopped at The Riverside Mill to get R his apples & juice. B got a cinnamon roll & I got a yogurt parfait.
View attachment 386647
I have the same watch as you, and I feel the same way about not wearing one. I just can't do it...it always feels weird not to wear it even when you're not supposed to wear it (like at a water park). Definitely following along with the family antics!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH

TSL was next on the list. B was really excited. The last time she was here was a few months before it opened so she was really anxious to see it & to ride SDD.
IMG_1423.JPEG

IMG_1424.JPEG

Everyone was excited--except J. He said(as he has in the past)that he will not go on it b/c of the hills.
IMG_1425.JPEG

IMG_1426.JPEG

IMG_1427.JPEG

Ready to go!! :)
IMG_1429.JPEG

455353584.jpeg

455353591.jpeg

R, B & L(the first-timers)really enjoyed the ride!!

Most of the group took a restroom break.
IMG_1430.JPEG

R commented how he can't wait for this to open!!
IMG_1431.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have the same watch as you, and I feel the same way about not wearing one. I just can't do it...it always feels weird not to wear it even when you're not supposed to wear it (like at a water park). Definitely following along with the family antics!
You have great taste!! Yes--it feels really weird to not have one on. The day after we got back I headed to the mall after work to get a new battery put in!! Thanks for following!!
Yes that view of POR in the early AM is absolutely beautiful - Thanks for that:)
My pleasure!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom