Family Awarded for Weekly Meals at Sci-Fi Dine In.

The Empress Lilly

Gosh, I don't think I could do that. I think the Sci-fi is a complete riot, a fantastic place to eat a burger. But every week, for two years? I'd get so sick of that same movie.

But then, when there is a movie playing, some background noise, and you are sitting next to each other, it is sometimes easier to communicate. No awkward silences, no pressure, no constant eye contact. If you don't communicate well, as a lot of grown up kids and their fathers do it totally works. A bit like sitting in a car and taking somebody for a drive. Good for them they found a place that works for them.

Cybercat

Banned
Gosh, I don't think I could do that. I think the Sci-fi is a complete riot, a fantastic place to eat a burger. But every week, for two years? I'd get so sick of that same movie.

But then, when there is a movie playing, some background noise, and you are sitting next to each other, it is sometimes easier to communicate. No awkward silences, no pressure, no constant eye contact. If you don't communicate well, as a lot of grown up kids and their fathers do it totally works. A bit like sitting in a car and taking somebody for a drive. Good for them they found a place that works for them.

I think you need to stop over-analyzing things. Good grief.

I could probably eat their BLT soup ever week. That's for sure.

Jeff456

I really wasn't looking forward to eating here.... not my choice at all, but the more I read the more I think it should be good, I am not expecting super food but as long as the burger is decent I am happy!

captainkidd

Anyone that can stand eating at that place every week for 2 straight years, deserves an award. Don't get me wrong, fantastic atmosphere and wonderful desserts, but the menu is crap.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I really wasn't looking forward to eating here.... not my choice at all, but the more I read the more I think it should be good, I am not expecting super food but as long as the burger is decent I am happy!
I'm even thinking of adding it, the menu keeps calling me.... I want the picnic burger :D

bethymouse

They have got to be season pass holders and live close by. Wow 100 times since 2010! Even if I lived close by and had a season pass, I wouldn't choose that particular restaurant to dine in 100 times! But, I applaud their efforts! More power to 'em!:D

captainkidd

They have got to be season pass holders and live close by. Wow 100 times since 2010! Even if I lived close by and had a season pass, I wouldn't choose that particular restaurant to dine in 100 times! But, I applaud their efforts! More power to 'em!:D

Neither would I. We go there every trip one time, but I definitely see it as more of an attraction than a restaurant. The menu is bizarre and doesn't fit the theme of the restaurant in any way. Can't imagine going to a drive in concession stand and saying, "OK, I'll take the Spinach and Artichoke Dip for Two as a starter, and the Shrimp Pasta as my entree."

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I would like to know how they get an ADR for every week of the year!!!!! You don't have to be rich to have an AP for HS and to eat at Sci fi every week, its actually reasonably priced.
Sci Fi is quite easy to get into, ADR's are not hard to come by

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom