Family 5K at Marathon Weekend

Babylon Control

Original Poster
I'm planning to do the 1/2 marathon in 2012 but thinking I might do the 5K family fun run along with my mom on the Friday before the 1/2 marathon. Is there transportation provided to get us to Epcot for the 5K? And if so when would it start running? We will be staying on property, not sure which hotel yet but it will be a Disney hotel.

lukacseven

Mears buses run from all WDW Resort hotels to the start line for the 5K (and back after the race), just like they do for the half and full. You'll have to check the race program to see what time they start running and when the last bus leaves. I believe they start running busses 2 hours before the race start time and up to 1 hour prior (5:00 am - 6:00 am). Buses run at least 2 hours after the race to return to your resort. After that the "normal" transportation is available.

lukacseven

I thought last year they didn't publish the theme for the 5K until the October newsletter. What recent movies has Disney done or what's coming up? Toy Story 3? Tron? The 2009 theme was based on the Lion King, so it doesn't necessarily mean it will be based on something new. They already did the pirate & princess theme a few years back. Hafta wait and see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom