Fall/ Fall Advantage 2007 CP

Scar Junior

Original Poster
Hey all.

I just wanted to know who of you are going to do the Fall/ Fall Advantage 2007 CP. Feel free to reply even if you are just thinking about applying. Include any info you'd like: What position you're applying for, what school you're from, if you've ever done a CP before, or any other info you want to include.

Here's me:

Name: Brad

Program: Fall 2007 (Aug - Jan)

School: University of Minnesota (Campus Rep)

Major: Entertainment (Film and TV)

Hometown: Twin Cities

Position: High Spiel Attraction (Trying to pull some strings and put in some favors to get Jungle Cruise if it isn't being refurbished)

Class(es): Professional Development Series - Entertainment; considering a few others

Other info: I did my first CP in Spring 2003 at "It's tough to be a bug" at AK. Graduating this summer and want to do another CP before I have to start living in the real world.

matthope03

Name: Matt

School: The Florida State University

Major: Accounting

Hometown: Panama City, FL

Position: Operation

Class(es): Not considering any at the moment

Other info: I plan on staying in Orlando after the program and applying for a full-time position with the company. I will be graduating this summer.

packwingfn

Name: Derek

School: Rhode Island College

Major: Computer Information Systems

Hometown: Cumberland, RI

Position: Custodial

Class(es): None, I need a break from classes

Other info: I've been waiting to join the program for a few semesters now. I feel this to be the best one since I only have about 8 classes left. If anyone wants to add me to Facebook/MySpace, PM ME, I would like to make some friends before I go down there.

Tiggersk82

Name: Jena

Program: Fall 07

School: University of California, Santa Barbara

Majors: Biology and Classics

Hometown: SF Bay Area, CA

Position: Merchandise

Class(es): Undecided

Other info: Even though the program isn't directly applicable to either of my majors and will delay the completion of med school requirements, I'm planning on participating. The fact that I cried during the bus ride back to the Orlando airport (as usual :p) earlier this month convinced me that this opportunity is worth the extra year of college.

olean

Right now im kind of on the balancing scale and unfortunately starting to lean towards not doing the program. Im actually a local in Central Florida and my school has been giving me a hard time with granting credits for the program, they have only offered me 3 elective credits for the entire program which is ridiculous and pretty much said the program isn't in my best academic interest. I will only do the program if I can get at least 6 college credits and insure that they are transferable to UCF when I transfer in 2008. Im also worried that I wouldnt get the role that im looking for, I currently work for a hotel so I would expect to get a role as front desk. Right now the outlook looks bad for me for the WDWCP :(

Name: Maddie

School: University of Kansas (next year at Mizzou)

Major: Still trying to figure that one out

Hometown: STL

Position: Entertainer would be amazing, but I should probably do something in merchandising because that would be better for my resume

Class(es): none

Other info: My dream is to be an event planner at Disney World!!!

tiggerlover55

Name: Johanna

School: Kent State University (Campus Rep)

Major: Accounting

Hometown: Small town ohio: Navarre,OH

Position: I would prefer something other than Merchandise b/c I did the CP Spring 2006, but if I had to do it again i would!

Class(es): I'm not sure. I didn't take any the first time around

Other info: I did my first CP in Spring 2006 at the infamous Emporium at the MK and absolutely had the time of my life. I really want to do a Professional Internship, so I can get a job w/in my major. I am graduating in August (5 summer classes, yikes!). I plan on moving down there no matter what b/c I love WDW and the surrounding area. If I do move down there, I am going to try to get my masters at UCF. If you want to be a facebook/myspace friend just PM me, I love meeting other people who love WDW as much as myself.

schroder6452

Name: Dyan

School: University of Hawaii-Kapiolani Community College

Major: Medical Lab Tech

Hometown: Kaneohe, HI

Position: Ops- Attractions (Tomorrowland- Buzz or Stitch complex)

Class(es): none (Took Exper. Learning the first time)

Other info: Right now I really don't know if I am doing another CP but I'd just like to interview and all to have the option of going again if I can work it out wtih school. I did my first CP in Spring '04 and worked at the Grand Floridian as a Resort Runner/Dispatcher. Second CP was Summer Alumni '05 and I was over in Tomorrowland Attractions Buzz Complex (now split into the two above)

Linds'Ville

Name: Lindsey

Program: Fall Advantage 2007 (May - Jan)

School: Millersville University

Major: Early Childhood/Elementary Education

Hometown: Doylestown, PA

Position: Entertainment (crossing fingers)

Class(es): none

Other info:I've been looking forward to doing the program since 2001 when my sister was a Jungle Cruise skipper and can't wait to be down there! I've told my parents every day, pretty much since I could talk that I was born in the wrong state, I was made for Florida! Hopefully I'll see you guys down there in a few months!

Scar Junior

Original Poster
Looks like we'll have a pretty good crew down there. Anyone else thinking about applying? :lookaroun

Come on... anyone?

You'll never get another experience like it. It sounds cliche, but I had the time of my life when I did the program my freshman year (Spring 2003). It can change your life.

disneygirl03

OK, I am definitely considering the CP for the fall, but don't know if it would be better to wait until after I student teach (gotta talk to my advisor about that!). Anyway, here's my info...

Name: Sarah

Program: possibly Fall 2007 (Aug - Jan)

School: Marquette University

Major: Elementary Education

Hometown: suburb of Milwaukee

Position: I would love to work in operations...if I could pick where, it'd be either Splash Mountain or Soarin' :)

Class(es): probably wouldn't do any of the classes

Other info: see above...I am currently a senior, and am supposed to be student teaching in the fall. But I think it would be awesome to do the college program (either Fall '07 or Spring '08) before getting a real teaching job.

jimmything7

Name: Jim

Program: Fall 2007

School: University of Minnesota

Major: Chemistry

Hometown: Chicago

Position: Not sure yet, anywhere would be great

Class(es): Once again, not sure yet

Other info: I'll be graduating in May and have wanted to do this for so long. I finally will be able to now since my Chemistry program won't be holding me down.

Now really, how hard is it to get into the program? I haven't heard any stats or anything about applicants and rejections, so I really just wanted to know what to expect. Also, does anyone know if applying after you graduate for the first time will count against you?

tiggerlover55

Jim, I personally don't think its that hard to get into the program, as long as you answer their interview questions w/ a positive "Disney" attitude, most likely you will get in. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask either on here or AIM. my S/N is tiggerloverbball

schubie

Name: Molly

Program: Fall '07

School: Mizzou

Hometown: St. Louis

Major: Parks, Recreation & Tourism

Position: Something in hospitality

Classes: I don't think so- I need a break

Other: I've just always wanted to do this program and now seems like the right time to go!

packwingfn

Guess what? The presentation that was supposed to be for the non-culinary college program students has been cancelled because it is not appearing on their webpage anymore. It was the closest one to my house so I was excited when I saw that college listed.

So I guess I will view the E-Presentation, now Can I view the E-Presentaiton at any time then call the number for the interview 48 hours after the presentation? If so, then I probably will view the E-Presentation during my spring break so I will have plenty of time to find my comfort zone before the phone interview.

During phone interviews, Should I mail my application weeks in advance so whoever I talk too can view my application while I'm talking to them?

Also, is there anyone on here that has worked hospitality? I would like to hear some feedback and details on that job.

Thats all i have for now. I'm sure I'll have some more questions later on.

if you view the e-presentation, you do the application online and the interviewer looks at it on their computer while they're talking to you. after the interview, they will tell you where to send it

delphinese

I just applied to the Fall (Aug-Jan) my phone interview is wednesday!

I'll be graduated by the time it starts, Elementary Ed, though I plan on staying on at Disney in one of their educational roles.

I'd love entertainment, or something with animals.

I'm so excited!

packwingfn

I just submitted my application. Printed everything. Now I plan to watch the E-Presentation sometime this weekend, then call to schedule my phone interview, I wonder how leniant they are with the phone interviews, I would love to have my phone interview on next friday since I have no classes and don't have to work so it would be the most relaxing day for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom