Fall Break trip and weather woes...should I stay or should I...

Scott007

Fall break is coming up for my family and we have booked plans for WDW Sunday through Sunday but looking at the weather paints a wet fall break week 9th-14th. Trying decide to stay at home or continue on to WDW and hope the rain is not an all day event...each day. Anyone have any thoughts?

Schneewittchen

In my humble opinion, crummy weather at WDW makes for a great trip. Yes, you might not want to do the water rides, but attendance will be lighter, so lines will be short and you can actually spread out and enjoy some quiet times. It's kind of amazing to turn around in Fantasyland and not see any other guests or just walk up to a parade route right when it's starting and have a good spot to stop and watch. Or walk up to a table service restaurant and get seated right away...... Pack a light rain jacket, stuff an extra pair of socks in your backpack every day. Wear quick dry shorts or trousers if you have them and enjoy!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

If it was me ... I'd still go and enjoy the week with the family. You can still enjoy a lot of things and make it a worthwhile trip and come home happy. No one looks forward to a rainy vacation, it can affect people moods and expectations. It mostly depends on how your family would look at it. Would they be miserable with rain or would they still be able to work around it and find enjoyment. My DW hates it when the weather is stormy but doesnt make my life miserable when we encounter a less than perfect weather day at Disney.

Upvote 0

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
It's Orlando. Rain can start any time irregardless of forecasts. I've been to the parks when they said 70% chance of rain...and caught but a few very mild showers. I've been when it's been forecast to be only a 10% chance....and subsequently weathered 45 minute monsoons.

This time of year its unlikely you'll get an all-day type of rain event (unless its tropical - which I think you're safe from at the moment). There are many weather radar apps you can download. Check them from time to time for any ominous weather patterns but don't stress over it.

Just bring a poncho or umbrella and enjoy.

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

WDW was built to withstand rain. Most things are in doors so if it rains, go on a ride or watch a movie. If it's raining, buy a poncho, if you get yoo wet, buy new clothes. I'll be there in 5 days and will never let the weather change my vacation.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

It's Orlando. Rain can start any time irregardless of forecasts. I've been to the parks when they said 70% chance of rain...and caught but a few very mild showers. I've been when it's been forecast to be only a 10% chance....and subsequently weathered 45 minute monsoons.

This time of year its unlikely you'll get an all-day type of rain event (unless its tropical - which I think you're safe from at the moment). There are many weather radar apps you can download. Check them from time to time for any ominous weather patterns but don't stress over it.

Just bring a poncho or umbrella and enjoy.
Seconded this. If you look at the "simple" forecast (high/low temperature and a little pictogram), it often seems like WDW should be 10 feet underwater. I think the summer forecast like that shows rain for five months straight, but it's normally just a quick shower every afternoon. Most likely, it will be dry 90% of the week you are there unless a tropical storm blows through. This is the Weather Underground forecast: about a 50% chance of a quick shower most afternoons; it's nothing to cancel a trip over.
IMG_2110.PNG

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

We went in Nov 2014 and we woke up and it was POURING!! We took ponchos, etc but I didn't take FLIP FLOPS! The reason I now ALWAYS carry a spare pair of flip flops is because the day it was pouring the walkway from the buses into EPCOT was about 18 inches deep of water and wasn't draining fast enough. Now, I can just walk through with flip flops instead of getting wet shoes and the pain that comes with them!

Also, off the monorail into MK, there was a mondo dip in the pavement. This collected a TON of water and was about as deep as the EPCOT puddles.DON'T WALK THROUGH WATER IN TENNIS SHOES.

But other than that, it rained off and on that day, with a monsoon here and there. We were able to spend most of our day indoors. We ended up going to MK for EMH that night (walking though Mondo puddle from monorail) but basically OWNED MK!!!! There was NOBODY there! It was incredible! SOOOOOOOOO worth it!:p:p:p:cool::cool::cool:
It's Disney, go, enjoy and don't worry about the rain.

HAKUNA MATATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Driver

We haven't been getting all day rain, there have been some showers here and there but all in all good weather . Some spotty showers tonight and a chance of showers tomorrow (Friday) this is Oct. we are going into the dry season

Upvote 0

DisDadWoz

As long as its not completely storming where there is thunder/lightning, high winds, the rain really doesn't bother us when we're there. Flip-flops, ponchos and quick-dri clothes are a must. You're on vacation so for us it's better to have a wet WDW than being dry at home:)

Upvote 0

Driver

So a follow up.... today, Friday we did have some spotty sprinkles. Right now (12:00 pm) I'm sitting outside it's partly cloudy with a nice breeze and a forecast of 50% chance of a shower this afternoon. But this is typical FL weather for right now. Looking ahead they are forecasting some showers into next week but it's spotty. No washouts for sure. I live here and I am going about my business doing outdoor things . Dont be scared away unless you see some tropical storm in the forecast. Which as of right now I don't know of any heading this way.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom