Fall AP rates

Dave B

Not really.

You can book a room, but it in no way "holds a spot" if discounts come out. If anything, booking a room in advance at full price lowers the chance of them offering a promotion for that particular room and timeframe as they are offered based on availability.
Interesting, it has always worked for us, but I can understand you are saying

ecranos

So I just checked the rates lol all they did was raise the rack rate prices and with AP discount the rates are higher than they were a few days ago. Example- Nov 5-7 all stars was 123 rack per night - now rack is 162 with AP discount it’s 138. Mickey is pulling a fast one or trying to. Pls post if you see anything different but as it is now this passholder is going to pass.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
So I just checked the rates lol all they did was raise the rack rate prices and with AP discount the rates are higher than they were a few days ago. Example- Nov 5-7 all stars was 123 rack per night - now rack is 162 with AP discount it’s 138. Mickey is pulling a fast one or trying to. Pls post if you see anything different but as it is now this passholder is going to pass.

Rack rates are published a year ahead and do not change. I’m not sure where you got the $123 number because that’s not a valid rate (see chart). The $162 rate is the Veterans Day holiday rate. With AP discount that matches to a 15% break.

wdworlandlover

I booked a room at Pop back in April for a trip from Nov. 17-23. It was at rack rate. This morning I tried to apply the AP discount. The price of the room with the “discount” ended up being MORE than the original rack rate. Same thing with the Fun and Sun discount. Apparently I’m better off sticking with the original non discounted room charges. It appears to me that they did increase the rack rates very recently.
Update:
I just checked the rack rate now against what it was when I booked months ago. It is the same. So I have no idea why they were showing the current fall discounts as being higher than the rack rate. I thought it was a fluke at first, but I checked throughout the day and every time, the discount rate was higher. Now it’s showing no availability. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I booked a room at Pop back in April for a trip from Nov. 17-23. It was at rack rate. This morning I tried to apply the AP discount. The price of the room with the “discount” ended up being MORE than the original rack rate. Same thing with the Fun and Sun discount. Apparently I’m better off sticking with the original non discounted room charges. It appears to me that they did increase the rack rates very recently.
Update:
I just checked the rack rate now against what it was when I booked months ago. It is the same. So I have no idea why they were showing the current fall discounts as being higher than the rack rate. I thought it was a fluke at first, but I checked throughout the day and every time, the discount rate was higher. Now it’s showing no availability. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Same here. Both the Fall discount and AP discount are more than the price I locked in Jun 2018.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Same here. Both the Fall discount and AP discount are more than the price I locked in Jun 2018.
The AP discount price for my October trip is lower than the price I booked in January of this year

@MisterPenguin did you bundle tickets? That would explain the price difference because of the increase in ticket prices.

TBH it’s a mess to make sense of.

I booked in January for Sun and Fun for the last week of September paying on average $20 less per night than the current AP rates. The rack rates listed also don’t correspond with the published rates that are out there, they are lower for some reason. (Apples to apples room type and weekday/weekend). My discount percentage was about 35% with Sun and Fun vs 30% with AP. I don’t get it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@MisterPenguin did you bundle tickets? That would explain the price difference because of the increase in ticket prices.

TBH it’s a mess to make sense of.

I booked in January for Sun and Fun for the last week of September paying on average $20 less per night than the current AP rates. The rack rates listed also don’t correspond with the published rates that are out there, they are lower for some reason. (Apples to apples room type and weekday/weekend). My discount percentage was about 35% with Sun and Fun vs 30% with AP. I don’t get it.

No bundles, just straight up room reservations sixteen months in advance (because I've been burned on those dates being fully booked before)...

Which reminds me, I need to start booking for Fall of 2020. First week of Oct and first week of Dec are almost always fully booked months in advance (except for the really expensive rooms).

ecranos

Rack rates are published a year ahead and do not change. I’m not sure where you got the $123 number because that’s not a valid rate (see chart). The $162 rate is the Veterans Day holiday rate. With AP discount that matches to a 15% break.

That’s the rate I booked originally in April for November and clearly should have kept.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom