Fall 2011: YC, BC, or Boardwalk?

BoardwalkGlenn

Hello everyone -

I am in the EARLY stages of planning another trip for Fall 2011 to everyone's favorite place. The trip would be for my partner and I.

In the past I've stayed at the moderates (POR, CSR, & CBR). But we're thinking of trying a deluxe next fall (hopefully with a discount).

EPCOT & HS are my 2 favorite parks, so we thought we would check out Yacht Club, Beach Club, or Boardwalk because of their locations to those parks.

Please let me know your thoughts & pros/cons of each. I've read the reviews on here and want some more guidance.

Also, what about BCV or BWV? Would you recommend those? Do they make a difference?

Thanks for any help in advance!!!

_Scar

Do Boardwalk with a preffered viewing area.

It might be cold which means Stormalong won't be enjoyable, and BW generally costs a ton less so you can do more (like eat at Cape May Cafe at BC or see Cirque or parasail)

Plus, BWV is practically in the same location as BC- so you get the location ammenities as well.

Upvote 0

Mukta

If the pool is important to you, consider the BC/YC because of Stormalong Bay. I don't know which month you are considering, but October is usually still quite warm.

The con for BC is that the food options are limited. YC and BW have better food options

Also look at room photos. Each hotel has a different feel to it.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We have stayed at Boardwalk and YC. If you plan on swimming...YC is a no brainer. If you don't care about swimming...you would probably be just as happy at Boardwalk. The one thing about YC/BC we noticed on our July trip was that the buses to MK and AK loaded at YC first so if you are an early entry person you may be standing room only or waiting for the next bus if you catch the bus at BC. Knowing this now if we stayed at BC I'd walk over to YC bus stop for that simple reason. Also all three resorts plus Swan and Dolphin shared a bus at AK.

Also all of the YC rooms have a full balcony where the BC rooms may or may not have a full balcony (if that matters to you). Either way you can't go wrong. We love these resorts for the simple reason that we love that quiet walk through World Showcase for the early entry. Great photo ops w/o a lot of strangers in the background.

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I agree with everything said here before me, but truthfully, you're not going to go wrong selecting any of those three resorts. They are truly wonderful each in their own way, and the access to EP/DHS simply can't be beat. I hope you both enjoy your trip! :)

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

A vote for YC! I love the feel of this resort and of course access to Stormalong Bay! You can always walk to the BW to take in some of the atmosphere over there.

Upvote 0

BoardwalkGlenn

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for the replies!

We are leaning toward early November, so maybe it will be a little too cool for the pool. However, I am kinda intrigued by Stormalong Bay :animwink:

I do agree that whatever resort we choose, we definitely can't go wrong.

I'm so excited!!! I just love the planning stages!!! Of course once it's booked the problem becomes, too many restaurants to choose from for ADRs...lol.

Upvote 0

007mickey

Do Boardwalk with a preffered viewing area.

It might be cold which means Stormalong won't be enjoyable, and BW generally costs a ton less so you can do more (like eat at Cape May Cafe at BC or see Cirque or parasail)

Plus, BWV is practically in the same location as BC- so you get the location ammenities as well.

I had always thought they were all about the same rate and in some cases BW was slightly more?

Upvote 0

madswithano

I absolutely love Boardwalk, you can't beat the location. A short walk to epcot is definitely a major pro for impromptu viewings of IllumiNations, and being able to walk along the boardwalk whenever you want is great, you can always go meander in the gift shops or get a snack.
Beach Club is also pretty great when it comes to location and beaches and cream is at BC and beaches and cream is definitely on my list of favorite restaurants. Yacht club is the only one I haven't stayed at, so I can't really offer an opinion there other than it seemed almost identical to BC but with different decor.

Upvote 0

dizzney

Just returned from Boardwalk, and with being DVC owners and having stayed in all of those in WDW, we own at Boardwalk and it is by far our favorite resort. The ambiance, the view - we had a BWV Boardwalk view and it was again awesome, sitting on the balcony having your coffee and watching the boardwalk and the area. Even sitting there at night sipping wine and watching the boardwalk and fireworks at Epcot, it is the only resort there that you can get a BWV Boardwalk view room adn see both Epcot and MK fireworks from your balcony.

We ate at Flying Fish - sweetheart dinner - was wodnerful, and had breakfast at Kouzzinas - first time for breakfast - and that was wonderful too.

Also went to JElly Rolls on the BW for the dueling pianos and had so much fun we stayed four hours.

It has the most to do and the nicest ambiance.

Upvote 0

BoardwalkGlenn

Original Poster
Just returned from Boardwalk, and with being DVC owners and having stayed in all of those in WDW, we own at Boardwalk and it is by far our favorite resort. The ambiance, the view - we had a BWV Boardwalk view and it was again awesome, sitting on the balcony having your coffee and watching the boardwalk and the area. Even sitting there at night sipping wine and watching the boardwalk and fireworks at Epcot, it is the only resort there that you can get a BWV Boardwalk view room adn see both Epcot and MK fireworks from your balcony.

We ate at Flying Fish - sweetheart dinner - was wodnerful, and had breakfast at Kouzzinas - first time for breakfast - and that was wonderful too.

Also went to JElly Rolls on the BW for the dueling pianos and had so much fun we stayed four hours.

It has the most to do and the nicest ambiance.

I'm excited to go to Kouzzina and Jelly Rolls. We had an ADR last year for Kouzzina but we both ended up "competing" in the American Idol Experience that evening, so we had to cancel the reservation. We'll get there this time!

Upvote 0

kverdon

Yes, if you want to enjoy Stormalong Bay, BC / YC is the way to go. Since we love being close to EPCOT and my wife dearly loves a balcony we tend to stay at Beach Club Villas. You can often stay at a studio at BCV for the same price as a standard room at BC and you are then guaranteed a balcony. If the pool is not a big deal for you, Boardwalk is also very nice. Love the theme. Its a tad further from EPCOT (acutally its about 4.5 million miles further when coming back after a long day in the parks) :) We have stayed at all 3 and like them all.

Kevin and Mona

Upvote 0

77kool

I stayed at Wilderness Lodge this past November 2 to 7. The pool at Wilderness was fine, however colder than Grand Floridian. It was 80 degrees there and perfectly fine to go in the pool. I do not understand why everyone thinks its too cold to go in the pool in 80 degree weather.....:shrug:

Upvote 0

rkelly42

This is a tough decision, all three of the resorts are great and there are not really any downfalls with any of them. All three are short walking distance to eachother and Epcot and a boat ride to DHS. Out of all three I would say BC, just because I like the themeing, but they are all still great. Out of all the deluxes though my favorite by far is still the polynesian though.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I stayed at Wilderness Lodge this past November 2 to 7. The pool at Wilderness was fine, however colder than Grand Floridian. It was 80 degrees there and perfectly fine to go in the pool. I do not understand why everyone thinks its too cold to go in the pool in 80 degree weather.....:shrug:

I agree I guess its all perspective. We swam each trip we went for Christmas..if the pools were open we were swimming. The water was warm, you might want a wrap to get back to your room if you get chilled easily...but the kids esp. had no trouble.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom