Fall 2002 College Program

vicanne18

Original Poster
I've been accepted for the Fall 2002 college program at Walt Disney World. I'm very excited, and I wanted to know if anyone here is doing the CP as well, or if anyone who has already participated has any words of advice!!! I'd love to talk to someone who is also going in the fall. :)

TURKEY

There are several of us here that have already gone.

I know there is one international program guy from here that is there now and will be there in the fall. He doesn't get on and post very often since he's been down there.

There are tons of things to tell you, but it would be easier if you to ask specific questions to us.

Congratulations, you'll have a great time.

Deja83

vicanne~
I also got accepted for the fall 2002 college program. I will be arriving August 22 and will be in merchandising. When is your arrival date?

wbboy29

:sohappy: CONGRATULATIONS TO VICANNE18 & DEJA83:sohappy:

Thats awesome you guys. I have also been accepted to the fall advantage program. I arrive on June 19th. I'm not sure if you guys know about the wdwcp2002 chat room on AIM but if you want to PM me I can give you my IM screen name and tell you how to get on there. There is always about 10-20 other CPer's on there almost every night. Plus since most of the fall advantage people have already arrived in Orlando most of the people on there are also going in August like both of you. Congratulations again, and PM me if you want to know how to get into the chat room. See you guys in August.:D

Norm

wbboy29

Deja83, I just noticed your from Oregon too. What school do you go to? I go to the University of Oregon.

:sohappy: ROCK ON, FOR THE OREGONIANS!!!!:sohappy:

vicanne18

Original Poster
Hi Deja83 and Wbboy29!
Congrats to you too on being accepted into the program! It's great to talk to other people who are going down there, I'm the only one from my college that is, so I was getting lonely! Let's keep in touch.
I'm arriving on August 7th, and I can't wait! I've heard so many positive things about this program. The one thing that is driving me crazy is not knowing exactly where I'll be working! I've been going to WDW since I was about five, so this is a dream job for me:)
Only 7 weeks left!!! I'm so glad there are other peeps out there to talk to! See you in August!!! :wave:

Deja83

Hey wbboy29,

I am just finishing up my first year at Oregon State University. Only one more final to go, then off to Disneyland for a short trip. Where are you from in Oregon? I'm from Salem.

Well I hope I see you down in Florida. Only about 2 months to go, I can hardly wait.

JenLUVSmickey

Hey guys,

Congratulations!! I am also going down for the college program. My start date is August 19th. I will be an operations hostess. Talk to you all later. :wave:

vicanne18

Original Poster
Jen-

I live in Montgomery, NY, about an hour and a half from the city. I'm flying down to Florida, since my car would never make it! We're arriving a few days early (my parents insist on coming, oh well). The only bad thing is going to be not having a car in Orlando. What about you? Are you flying down?

TURKEY

Originally posted by vicanne18
Jen-

I live in Montgomery, NY, about an hour and a half from the city. I'm flying down to Florida, since my car would never make it! We're arriving a few days early (my parents insist on coming, oh well). The only bad thing is going to be not having a car in Orlando. What about you? Are you flying down?

If you can, try and get your parents to get you a car. The bus service is ok, but you would much rather have a car. Plus you will make lots of friends.

Wilt Dasney

Well, I'll weigh in here to add some Southern flavor to this mix of NY'ers and Left Coasters. :D

August 7 is my date as well, as you can see right under the avatar! :)

I'm working in Operations, but that's all I know right now.

JenLUVSmickey

Jen-

---------------------------------------------------------

I hope I am driving down. I am not sure if my Jeep will make it, so I am looking into a new car. My boyfriend is coming with me and we are going to have a mini vacation before I stay.

I'M SOOOOO NERVOUS AND EXCITED!!!! :sohappy:

ArcadeDweller

I'm from "central" Pennsylvania, and I become an official CP on August 7.
I'm driving down, and will probably arrive the day before.
I can't wait--I'm so excited! :sohappy:
If anyone wants to chat about WDW or the CP, drop me an IM or email.
If anyone feels like driving down together, let me know that, too! :)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
just a heads up to those without cars. In Orlando it is near IMPOSSIBLE to get by without a car. Ask anyone who lives here.

HOWEVER... if you are looking to buy one, check out the Orlando Sentinel classifieds, and take advantage that FL is one of the cheapest states to get a car in... insurance however is expensive, and mandatory.

vicanne18

Original Poster
I can't help it, I won't have a car, I wish I did! Now I just feel bad because I won't be able to get around. Oh, well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom