Fake Trees on SDMT

Goofnut1980

Original Poster
So it is me, or do the evergreens and shrubs look fake they installed... I don't remember seeing planting spots on the mountain. Also, there is one picture the where the tree is anchored into a small metal post hole... hmmmm Wonder how those will hold up in a hurricane or the sun!

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
With the exception of Beast's model home, Disney uses the best people in the busoness for that kind of stuff. I still have faith that they can at least make some trees look good.

Britt

I had to Google what ride this was...lol

I am kinda shocked anyone would think they were real. Where would the roots go and having to manage trimming and growth?

It looks great so far!

R W B

With the exception of Beast's model home, Disney uses the best people in the busoness for that kind of stuff. I still have faith that they can at least make some trees look good.
I actually met the farther of the lady that was/is head of the greenery for fantasy land. He was telling me her back ground and what not and she seemed qualified to me for whatever that's worth lol.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I actually met the farther of the lady that was/is head of the greenery for fantasy land. He was telling me her back ground and what not and she seemed qualified to me for whatever that's worth lol.

I suppose the little house on the hill falls outside her juristiction anyways.

FettFan

splash_mountain2.jpg

mysterious-tree2.jpg

Treehouse%202.jpg

faketrees_zps943a979e.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That's the one thing different about Tomorrowland. Pretty much absent of fake stone, rock and stucco. Back then a lot of american steel. Even the fake palms are metal. Lol

Tonka's Skipper

I don't see how anyone would ever think they are real or that a real tree could survive in a *pot* on these hills in the hot Florida weather.

PS...you mean the dwarves are not real??....................*HO THE PAIN*

AKK

MikeTaylorSound

I think the metal palm trees in Tomorrowland are cool.
The ToL in AK looks good in the Spring/Summer months, the greenness stands out like a sore thumb in February with all the real trees around it.

"Chlorophyll? More like Bore-ophyll!"

DisneyConstruction23

Give it time......the remaining scenery will give off a better illusion of realism. Plus not all fake trees are that bad hahaha heck look at all the upside-down trees (the Baobab's) on the safari in Animal Kingdom....only the one at the entrance is actually real.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom