F.O.P fastpass for big group?

YJbates

Original Poster
Who thinks it would be possible to score fastpass for a group of 10 at 60+5 days out in early May? Thoughts? or should I just not waist time and just break up into 2 groups of 5? Will also have to child swap for a 3yr old that can't ride also.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
You have a chance. When I was booking FastPasses 60 days out, if I looked at the days late in my trip (>+5) there was quite a lot of availability and that was in August, however, I was only looking for a group of 4. If you don't care what time of day your FastPass is, I think you probably have a decent shot. If you do break up into groups of 5, I think you should certainly get it. Maybe if you cannot get all 10 people to have EXACTLY the same window, break up into two groups of 5 with overlapping windows (i.e. one group with 10:00 to 11:00 and one group with 10:45 to 11:45), then you could all still ride together in the same window (10:45 to 11:00 in this case)?

YJbates

Original Poster
You have a chance. When I was booking FastPasses 60 days out, if I looked at the days late in my trip (>+5) there was quite a lot of availability and that was in August, however, I was only looking for a group of 4. If you don't care what time of day your FastPass is, I think you probably have a decent shot. If you do break up into groups of 5, I think you should certainly get it. Maybe if you cannot get all 10 people to have EXACTLY the same window, break up into two groups of 5 with overlapping windows (i.e. one group with 10:00 to 11:00 and one group with 10:45 to 11:45), then you could all still ride together in the same window (10:45 to 11:00 in this case)?

Thanks for the reply! So this will be our first visit since Pandora opened. Should we look for morning fastpass or later during the night? It seems like it would be really awesome at night but, also be better to knock it out asap to get out of the Pandora crowds.

Diesel Dan

We went to WDW last Feb with 19 people in our group which was 5 different families. We got together the evening of 60 days out. We would all do 1 park at a time and go for the same fastpass each time. Like Coaster Lover was previously saying our overlapping window time was 30 minutes to 55 minutes on the fastpasses. Most gave us about a 45 minute window. We then could all ride the attraction together, took a little work but we had great success to keep the passes together.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Thanks for the reply! So this will be our first visit since Pandora opened. Should we look for morning fastpass or later during the night? It seems like it would be really awesome at night but, also be better to knock it out asap to get out of the Pandora crowds.

For FOP? Really doesn't matter as it is all indoor. Personally, I like to make all of my FastPasses as early in the morning as possible to allow me to book more FastPasses later in the day (after I've used my initial three) but that's just personal opinion. You can just as well book morning FastPasses for FOP, then come back into the land at night just to walk around and enjoy the scenery (without necessarily riding anything). I also found that wait times in the Stand-By queue for FOP do decrease if you are willing to stick around to an hour or so of closing time (especially if it is an EMHs night at AK) and that the actual wait time in the stand-by queue is (from my experience) SIGNIFICANTLY less than the posted wait time (we found it to be as much as 45-60 mins less than the posted time when the posted times showed >120 mins). The Stand-By queue for FOP is beautiful and worth a walk through on its own (you'll miss 95% of it by going the FastPass route), but I certainly wouldn't want to waste more than ~90 mins of my day in the stand-by line if the line was excessive.

DfromATX

We are going in June and we are a group of 7. My plan is to rope drop it and hopefully get a FP for it in the evening. We'll see... I do my fast passes in April.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom