F&G Festival Guide

Exprcoofto

Original Poster
The Flower & Garden Festival Guide is now up on Disney's website: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...rAndGardenFestival/2010_FG_Festival_Guide.pdf

It seems that some things didn't make it into this years F&G Festival. I posted a thread back in November quoting a site that stated there would be a new Butterfly Garden with a futuristic look in Future World West, but it's not on the festival guide. Instead, it's part of the Pixie Hollow area.

Up to 700 butterflies flutter into an expanded and relocated, futuristic-themed Bambi’s Butterfly House – double the size of previous years’ Minnie’s Magnificent Butterfly Garden. The new butterfly abode in Future World West, at 3,500 square feet, allows hundreds of the winged beauties to flit among the lush foliage of a larger screened enclosure, where guests can wander and watch as multiple butterfly species light on flowers filled with nectar and as caterpillars emerge from their chrysalis in a special discovery exhibit. Bambi joins butterfly floral topiaries to welcome guests to the enclosure.

The article also mentioned something about a Pirates Adventure Zone near Germany, which is also not on the map.

Pirates Adventure Zone – Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Croc topiaries will lure young swashbucklers to this interactive space designed for exploration and adventure. Next to the Germany pavilion.

Everything else on that site said is happening. The American Gothic Mickey & Minnie Topiary in World Showcase Plaza, a vegetable themed garden at American Adventure, and the new entrance design celebrating the Great Outdoors.

NewfieFan

Why won't the festival guide open up for me!?!

I even went to the WDW site and clicked on the link there... and nothing! :shrug:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Sounds nice...Wish it ran a little longer, like into June, so I could catch it. :eek:

I was able to catch the very last weekend of the festival last year, but they've moved up the dates for 2010. Has anyone heard what the reason for the switch in dates was for?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I don't get the switch in dates, either. Starting a F&G Festival at the beginning of March, even in Florida, is kind of ridiculous. Good thing pansies come in lots of colors, becuase they are one of few flowers that like cool weather.

I always enjoyed attending the Epcot F&G festival, beginning with when we stumbled upon it during our 10th wedding anniversary trip in early May of 1996. In fact, I have the poster from that year hanging on my office wall--the dates were April 19-June 2. We've been fortunate to be able to attend every F&G Festival since then, and I'm inspired by the schedule to book a trip for the end of April! :sohappy: Now I just have to get DH to agree to it...:lookaroun

I'm waiting for the day when both these festivals expand to the point where the year at Epcot is equally divided between F&G and F&W!! :lol:

MissM

Why won't the festival guide open up for me!?!

I even went to the WDW site and clicked on the link there... and nothing! :shrug:
It's 15 megs and wasn't responding for me either. I right-clicked on the link and chose "save link as" (in Firefox; I think the wording is slightly different in IE) and once it downloaded completely, I was able to open it without problem.

devoy1701

I don't get the switch in dates, either. Starting a F&G Festival at the beginning of March, even in Florida, is kind of ridiculous. G

Especially this year with the weather we've been having. Feb 16th and today's high is only 55? we've been running 10-15 below or normal averages for most of this month.

Anyway...I'm looking forward to the festival this year. We'll probably catch at least 2 or 3 days of it.

NewfieFan

It's 15 megs and wasn't responding for me either. I right-clicked on the link and chose "save link as" (in Firefox; I think the wording is slightly different in IE) and once it downloaded completely, I was able to open it without problem.

Thank you!

Exprcoofto

Original Poster
Why next to Germany?

There is an open area next to Germany

2heh47r.png

MrBug

Has anyone heard what the reason for the switch in dates was for?
Festival guide says:
This year, our 75-day festival begins March 3. By starting a few weeks
earlier than usual, we hope our Guests are able to plan ahead for
their spring and summer gardening. The opportunity to see richlyhued
roses, petunias, violas and other colorful fl owers throughout

Epcot® is also a huge bonus!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom