The Sunpass Thread (FL Toll Roads)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, some news. MnPass becomes EZ Pass next month, so now people from the ice cold tundra of Minnesota can use their toll pass in Florida (provided they have the new one).

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Boy…people go through a lot of hoops to avoid ez pass fees…

…and then pay Disney prices 🤪

I had a Massachusetts EZ Pass (and still do, albeit it's deactivated) for when I'd do longer road trips outside of the previous Sunpass acceptance range. It was very convenient.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
FYI - Florida's Turnpike goes completely cashless starting Monday of next week (November 8), so have your toll transponder ready to go.

JohnD

FYI - Florida's Turnpike goes completely cashless starting Monday of next week (November 8), so have your toll transponder ready to go.
They’ll also do Toll By Plate. Interestingly, I have yet to receive a bill for my trip down on 9/30 and return on 10/6.

RoadiJeff

I went online and bought a Sunpass transponder for $14.95 a few weeks before my last trip to WDW in October and it was shipped to me free in Missouri. It worked fine in my rental SUV on my recent trip. I should have done that years ago instead of paying the ridiculous $10 daily transponder rental fees at the car rental agencies but at least I have one now. I average a trip to FL every 2-3 years so I hope this will not be replaced by something else before I return some year.

BTW, to those of you who fly to the MCO airport and rent a vehicle, they have a nice program at the airport called Visitor Toll Pass. You get a free transponder rental and discounts on toll charges, too. I've used it on previous trips and it's a pretty good deal.

Last edited:

JaxFLBear

May I ask how long those took to appear?
E-ZPass transactions are exchanged on a nightly basis. So, you could see them that evening (if earlier in the day) or the following evening.

I've had MD E-ZPass toll transactions appear on the FL E-PASS account the same day.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
E-ZPass transactions are exchanged on a nightly basis. So, you could see them that evening (if earlier in the day) or the following evening.

I've had MD E-ZPass toll transactions appear on the FL E-PASS account the same day.

Interesting. My experience with regular DC/VA EZ-Pass transactions on my former Uni transponder was about a 5 day delay.

G00fyDad

Interesting. My experience with regular DC/VA EZ-Pass transactions on my former Uni transponder was about a 5 day delay.
My EZ-Pass (through Riverlink in Kentucky) shows my tolls within 15 seconds of passing under them. My wife checked one day as we passed under them. I wanted to see how long it would take. She kept refreshing the page and it showed about 15 seconds later. I work in Louisville, KY but I live 9 miles across the river in Indiana so I cross the bridges a lot. They have 4 ways to cross the river near here (two I-65 bridges that are tolled both ways, and then the small toll-free 2nd street bridge, the toll-free Sherman Minton, and the tolled East End Bridge. Both tolled bridges will hit my account within that 15 seconds.

Rob562

My EZ-Pass (through Riverlink in Kentucky) shows my tolls within 15 seconds of passing under them. My wife checked one day as we passed under them. I wanted to see how long it would take. She kept refreshing the page and it showed about 15 seconds later. I work in Louisville, KY but I live 9 miles across the river in Indiana so I cross the bridges a lot. They have 4 ways to cross the river near here (two I-65 bridges that are tolled both ways, and then the small toll-free 2nd street bridge, the toll-free Sherman Minton, and the tolled East End Bridge. Both tolled bridges will hit my account within that 15 seconds.

Even though they're the same "network", I think it depends on whether the pass is with the same toll agency or not. My EZPass is from here in Massachusetts. My Mass tolls typically show up same-day.

But when I travel outside of Mass to NY, NJ or NH, those tolls often take a day or two to show up. I just assumed that the out of state toll systems batch their toll charges to other networks to simplify things.

-Rob

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
I just assumed that the out of state toll systems batch their toll charges to other networks to simplify things.
That's what it sounds like to me. When I travel out of state, I generally top up my account with an extra $15-20 to allow for a bunch of transactions to appear in bulk and not accidentally push me into negative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom