Extreme Makeover update...

BwanaBob

Original Poster
I posted this in another thread... then I remembered many of you who kept tabs with me during the whole ordeal may not have access to it... sooooo:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you interested...

Got word yesterday that the St. Petersburg/Seminole Extreme Home Makeover reveal with the Dolan family is having a closed 'airing party' at Ruth Eckerd Hall on Sunday (in Clearwater, FL). Lexington Homes sent invites out...
They have told us (at least our local affiliate WFTS 28 ABC/Tampa) that this will be a 2-hour special. There is a live feed broadcast and pre-show to show all those involved and the typical blah, blah.
I say this because yours truly will be there to, apparently, receive an award from Lexington Homes for what we did last month with them.

Oh, yeah. And I'm trying to find out how much footage they'll have on Monday night ("How'd They Do That?")of when we came out there at 3am during the week trying to get them to pass inspections!

In the meantime, here's some more pics from Lexington's site if you're interested... http://www.lexingtonhomesinc.net/extreme/daybyday.php

I'll keep you all updated.

BTW... just found some more info to confirm my speculations...
Originally Posted by Lexington website said:
ABC-TV just announced that the one-hour scheduled broadcast of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" featuring Lexington Homes has been expanded to a SPECIAL two-hour television program.

Tune in at 7 p.m. this Sunday to watch this compelling episode.

Lexington Homes is proud to have been selected by ABC?s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition to provide a home for the Dolan Family. In addition to Hunter's House, the "Dolan Extreme House" represents the second home that Lexington will have donated in a four month period to a family in need.

Our mission is to unite the region and assist other victims of the tragedy that befell the Dolans. Lexington Homes would like to pay homage to Extreme Makeover for its ground-breaking humanitarian efforts that are uniting the Nation in the cause of charity. With 17-20 million weekly viewers, ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition has become the #4 rated television show in America.

We are honored to be associated with this very special and worthwhile project. It is one more brick in the solid foundation we've laid for Lexington Homes - a foundation that is built in partnership with dozens of companies and hundreds of individuals.

Craig Gallagher, President
Craig Fiebe, Chief Executive Officer

Laura

Premium Member
BwanaBob said:
I say this because yours truly will be there to, apparently, receive an award from Lexington Homes for what we did last month with them.

Oh, yeah. And I'm trying to find out how much footage they'll have on Monday night ("How'd They Do That?")of when we came out there at 3am during the week trying to get them to pass inspections

HUH?? I'm out of the loop!! This is one of my favorite shows. What happened??? Are you saying you're going to be on TV this week?

BwanaBob

Original Poster
Back in the first week of March, I was involved in this build...
pretty unsuspecting, but yeah.

THAT was a rough week!

Laura

Premium Member
No way! That's awesome! Did you get to meet Ty or any of the designers?

So it's going to be on this Sunday? Can you post a picture of yourself so I can look for you?

tigsmom

Way to go Mike! Can't wait to scan the crowd looking for you.

(((HUGS))) You went above and beyond the call of duty that week. :kiss:

WDWScottieBoy

I know I'll be watching both Sunday and Monday...especially around the 3am mark to find you! Glad to know you went and did something for this family. You've got a great big heart and it's nice seeing people reach out towards others in the world.

Looking forward to yet another great show and a lovely house!

Figment1986

Wow.. my area's home.. (whihc really deserved it.. i remember the news on the event.. and him getting it) is gettig 2 hours... Amazing... This calls for me going to get Tivo.... (now to borrow money for it)

Testtrack321

This is the same episode where team 79 in the FIRST Robotics Competition created a robotics room for one of the kids. They won an award at the Championship event in Atlanta last week for their effort. Heck, they even left the FL regional to help out! Some of the team members were wearing the EHM shirts...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom