Extreme Makeover/Castle Suite

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Did anyone else catch the video of the Castle Suite from Sunday's Extreme Makeover:Home Edition? It looks WONDERFUL!!!

I thought that people were picked by random for the suite. Its ironic that they were picked for extreme home and then to be in the suite. Anyone else wonder if someone did not get to stay in the castle that night?:eek:

imamouse

Disney's promotional materials state that the castle suite will be awarded MOST nights. That gives them some wiggle room for instances such as Extreme Makeover - Home Edition (among others).

majortom1981

cool

Yea I noticed that.

The thing I hate about that show is they dont take into account of what happens after they leave.

Meaning that they build these huge houses for people that couldnt even afford there previous house.

Since now they have this huge house they doubled and trippled there property taxes.

Can't they build more manageable hosues?

Champion

Yea I noticed that.

The thing I hate about that show is they dont take into account of what happens after they leave.

Meaning that they build these huge houses for people that couldnt even afford there previous house.

Since now they have this huge house they doubled and trippled there property taxes.

And they usually pay off their mortgage, so it is FAR cheaper.

There are far more important things to complain about then this.

jimmieglen2006

Yea I noticed that.

well as with that episoed(?) if you watched it. they were give a fund to help them pay for exspences. plus like was said before they pay of there morgeg. i think abc trys to get as much as possible paid off. its great for ratings if one of those people do not lose there home. it would be all over the news. plus it helps the construction companies. free plublicity. looke at us. we built this house and helped them pay for it. so come on and spend money with us.
I love the show. i think that it is intresting that they dont do any follow up.

loved the suit. thought it looked awsome. i think they deserved it. even gettign to just use it as a back drop.

cpcpjfan

Fox had a rip off type show that left the family's high and dry after they re-did the houses. That's what was on the news. In the article I read, it mentions that Extreme Home Makeover does take precautions to make sure there are no financial concerns once they are done with the project.

I saw the suite on this weeks episode and was very impressed.

ripcurl92

Suite Looks great

I think the new suite looks amazing!!! They did that Extreme Makeover about 30 minutes away from where I live! On the last day when they mvoe the bus I got right in the front!! Plus the camera went right past me and I got on tv!! It was awesome!:lol:

Yeah, they pay for all expenses, but I sometimes wonder how the families keep these houses clean. Sometimes they're huge.. you'd need a personal maid to keep up

Teenchy

To bad they didnt tape an Extreme Makeover of the Castle Suite itself. Although it took more than a week I would have loved to have seen the transformation....but of course they wouldnt want to give up the secrets or spoil the illusion.

By the way....I love the show but its a straight cash cow for ABC/Disney. I have a friend who owns a building company who was picked for a previous show. Everything on that show is donated by others. And not just the "big guys" like Sears and the builder. For example my brother who works for a mortgage company sponsored lunch for the crews during one of the episodes.

No complaints....as the companies make out for being able to publizice not to mention just the good will.

darthjohnny

Disney's promotional materials state that the castle suite will be awarded MOST nights. That gives them some wiggle room for instances such as Extreme Makeover - Home Edition (among others).

Yeah. Could you imagine if they gave it out on nights like Grad Nite. The poor people would never be able to get to sleep. :)

fizzle75

My wife and I love Extreme Makeover Home Edition and every week I almost bust out bawlin' when I hear Tye say..."(insert families name here) you're going to Walt Disney World!". :cry: :) :sohappy:

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
My wife and I love Extreme Makeover Home Edition and every week I almost bust out bawlin' when I hear Tye say..."(insert families name here) you're going to Walt Disney World!". :cry: :) :sohappy:

me too!! I just makes me SO happy for a family that could probably NEVER afford to go to Disney, to be able to for a week....:cry::cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom