extra day

motherhamv

I am thinking about adding an extra night to our stay. What is stopping me, is that if we arrive too late in the evening I will just be paying to sleep. For that we could have just stayed home and got up early. :confused: What would you do???

markymark

Thats a tough one. We don't really get the choice, flying in from England. But if I was you I'd either travel up earlier, or very early the next day. Last year we had a 11 hour delay and only arrived at our hotel at about 3.00 am (26 hours after we had left the house!) It really crocked the start of our holiday as we just slept for the first two days. Fortunatley we had booked for 17 nights otherwise I would have been sooooo upset.
Whatever you choose, it must just be great to be able to drive to WDW - I am really jealous.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I also drive and usually plan to arrive late afternoon or early evening the night before. I like to get to the parks early and well rested, so am willing to pay for the good night's sleep!

Upvote 0

Ariel

I am always trying to get the most time I can at the parks, so I would definitly stay for that extra night. Just think when you wake up early you will already be there ready to go!!

Upvote 0

Tink

I agree with you guys. I am going down in August for a long weekend. I maximized the time by going down after work on a Thursday night. We probably won't get to the hotel after we pick up the rental, etc. til close to midnight. We may even hit Pleasure Island for an hour or so just to kick start the vacation but, of course, the best thing to do would be to hit the hay :eek: and have a full and productive Friday.

Upvote 0

Tramp

For the first time in umpteeth years, we will be driving this year to WDW from Connecticut (humming song 'holiday road').

In past years, we always took a 6am non-stop out of NY and got into Orlando about 8:30am....it is great to have the whole day...most people lose a day or two of travel .

My British friends seems to have a real dilemma because of the distance they have to travel....but here's what I would do:
i hate to arrive late and pay for a Disney room so I would consider a back-up hotel off-property where I can spend the night very inexpensively, sleep...go to the Disney hotel early in the morning, leave my bags, and go to the park.

By the way...We were forced to get a room for a single night because of a mix up in our timeshare exchange, and we spent the night in an econolodge for $39. Tight quarters...but it did the trick. :)

Upvote 0

scan_man

What I figured, since I was flying in From Seattle, Which I appologize is not as far as some ppl have to travel. But what I decided so I wouldn't miss any piece of fun this year while I stay down there. The First night I arrive, I am just going to get a room at the All Star Resort, Room Only no park entrance (unless my Beautiful Girlfriend wants to eat in the park) Then Start the delux package the next day. Then we will spend the days at Disney until we leave.
Disney Club is a Good idea to have 20% discount on the Hotels at Disney During the Value Season (Fall Season)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom