Express for HRRR at ROU?

disney fan 13

Original Poster
Hey guys, I'm going to Rock the universe with a group and was wondering if anyone knew if HRRR would be participating in express during the event?

Just realized I messed up the acronym in the title...

JT3000

Pretty sure Rockit never uses its Express line still. I was told the loading platform is too short (constantly moving trains) to deal with the extra line effectively.

disney fan 13

Original Poster
Yeah but there will only be 4 attractions open that night ( with unlimited express for only 15 bucks!) and the express section of the site said That express is avalible to all that apply but I cant find where they give you a list of what will be available ...

maxairmike

There will likely be Express on RockIt in the somewhat near future, but not for Rock The Universe. Some members of the team that have recently rescued out at other Express attractions have been asked about it and told to prepare for it at RockIt before long.

HTF

No Express for Rockit anytime soon i'm afraid. It would take a transformation of crowd patterns to change that.;)

disney fan 13

Original Poster
Another question for you guys,( sorry for all the newbie sounding questions!) if the park is open till 1 will rockit be open the whole time or will they close it early ( since I believe I heard once that the city makes them turn off the outside coasters at a certain time.)

disney fan 13

Original Poster
Thanks, I'll make sure to hit rockit first ( and a couple more times depending on how long the single rider line is)

JT3000

That isn't true... Rockit, Hulk, & Dueling Dragons ran later at Grad Bash, and Rockit runs the length of any HHN night...

I've never been to Grad Bash, but if they kept the coasters open later than 10:00, they were violating their agreement with the neighbors. And I go to HHN quite a bit. Rockit doesn't stay open all night. It doesn't even make it to the end of most Mardi Gras concerts. The ride closes and then they run empty trains for a while, which is probably what you saw.

Skip

I've never been to Grad Bash, but if they kept the coasters open later than 10:00, they were violating their agreement with the neighbors. And I go to HHN quite a bit. Rockit doesn't stay open all night. It doesn't even make it to the end of most Mardi Gras concerts. The ride closes and then they run empty trains for a while, which is probably what you saw.

I can attest I've ridden Hulk post-10 PM during Grad Bash, and that there was no indication anywhere in the park that the coasters would close early (or that the line would be cut off at any point prior to closing). I can also confirm that I've ridden Rockit post 10 PM on HHN nights, with again, no indication that the coaster would close early on park maps, at the entrance, or in front of the ride. Back in 2009, where Rockit wasn't open for HHN despite being open during the day, they ran empty trains - but it's run until closing on HHN nights.

You may be referring to the fireworks agreement - they can't run the fireworks past 10 PM, hence Cinematic Spectacular beginning it's show at 9:30 PM when the park closes at 10.

They did close Rockit early for Mardi Gras concerts, but I understand that had more to do with the noise from Rockit's chain/the trains/the screaming making for a less-than-perfect concert experience (nothing to do with the neighbors). On those days, they had a sandwich board at the front of the park and the ride explaining that the line for the ride would close an hour prior to the concert (which was at like 7, not anywhere near 10 PM...) They later stopped that practice, as I saw Pitbull at the new concert stage with Rockit running.

maxairmike

No Express for Rockit anytime soon i'm afraid. It would take a transformation of crowd patterns to change that.;)

I take it they realized what a mess it would be? Nah...and I don't think crowd patterns have much to do with that decision, from what I understand. I'll keep my ears to the ground, but last I heard I would have expected it by the beginning of next year, maybe a bit earlier. If anything changed that, it was likely Transformers...which will be interesting to see if it gets Express right away as well.

HTF

I take it they realized what a mess it would be? Nah...and I don't think crowd patterns have much to do with that decision, from what I understand. I'll keep my ears to the ground, but last I heard I would have expected it by the beginning of next year, maybe a bit earlier. If anything changed that, it was likely Transformers...which will be interesting to see if it gets Express right away as well.

I think you took part of my statement to serious, and Transformers will open with Express.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom