Expo 2015

Brian

Original Poster
I'm considering attending the D23 expo this year. Does anyone out there have a strong opinion for it or against it? It's quite the chunk of money, between flight, hotel and admission. Not to mention my schedule is a little tight during that time anyway.

Figments Friend

I'm attending my first Expo next month, and looking forward to the experience.

I have heard some good things about it, and some not-so-good-things.
I did a lot of research about the Event over the last few months gathering up views and tips, and i think i have a better understanding of what i might be getting myself into now.

Basically, there are some core experiences that are definitely worth venturing forth to experience.
The Walt Disney Archives displays, the WDI pavilion, and some of the major headlining panels.

I get the impression, based on my readings, that most of the disappointments some fans have experienced is from some of them not realizing that they cannot 'do everything' they want to because of time constraints and conflicting panels.
Basically, from what i gather...you really need to decide ahead of time what your real priorities are and focus on those things.
You have to make a lot of tough choices as often panels and presentations are scheduled to happen at the same time in different areas.

Having yet to experience it all for myself, i cannot give a real answer...but it seems something worth doing at least once.
I say go for it.

:)

Californian Elitist

I attended the first two Expos. While I have no plans to attend another one as of now, since you've never attended one, I suggest you go and see how you like it.

Matt7187

I'm considering attending the D23 expo this year. Does anyone out there have a strong opinion for it or against it? It's quite the chunk of money, between flight, hotel and admission. Not to mention my schedule is a little tight during that time anyway.
I attended the 2013 Expo, and I enjoyed it a lot. I went all 3 days, and I never felt bored. Of course, I didn't stay from opening to close everyday and went to the parks too. But I would recommend going, especially if you have never been before.

216bruce

Been to two, this one will be the third. People's reactions and opinions to it are similar to those of parkgoers. Some folks have unrealistic expectations. As mentioned above, you can't see and do everything, you WILL wait in lines and some things MAY/WILL be disappointing (2013 Parks presentation). On the other hand, you MAY/WILL have some amazing experiences (singing Rainbow Connection with Kermit and Rolf, seeing the cast of the Avengers) and see some incredible stuff (Archives display), stars, legends and be surrounded by Disney for three days. If you LOVE Disney then go. It's worth it. Ultimately, it's what you make of it...just like the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom