Explain to me like I'm 5 why there are 60+ minute waits today

retroeric

Original Poster
I just don't get it. Tuesday, of the least busiest week of the year, all kids back in school, and yet still 60+ minute waits for numerous attractions in all four parks.

Brad Bishop

If it's really a slow day then they'll run fewer trains / ride vehicles through.

This is a problem at most parks. Go on a REALLY slow day and you have only one coaster train. You'll wait forever for it to be your turn because you have to wait for everyone to load, ride time, unload, move forward before you'll get your turn.

Often it's better to go on slightly busier days because that's enough to get them to staff up and have extra ride vehicles running.

What's happening at Disney right now? I haven't a clue. This is meant to be just a general explanation.

disneygeek90

As of 4:40 the only thing showing 60+ mins is SDD at 65. Flight of Passage is 30. Not seeing much out of the ordinary for a Tuesday.

retroeric

Original Poster
As of 4:40 the only thing showing 60+ mins is SDD at 65. Flight of Passage is 30. Not seeing much out of the ordinary for a Tuesday.
Earlier today at Hollywood Studios Slinky Dog, ToT, and M&M Runaway Railway were all over an hour. I checked the other three parks and each had 2-3 rides with 60+ minute wait with several others in the 45 minute territory.

disneygeek90

Earlier today at Hollywood Studios Slinky Dog, ToT, and M&M Runaway Railway were all over an hour. I checked the other three parks and each had 2-3 rides with 60+ minute wait with several others in the 45 minute territory.
Unfortunately with limited show offerings still available and one attraction virtual queue only that's kind of the norm at DHS. There's an empty Indy theater and Mermaid theater I could point to.

doctornick

Was there rain around that time? If there's T-storms and a bunch of rides shut down, it can drive up the waits for other rides and then when the rides come back on, people sometimes rush to them and make the wait times very long rapidly (but that tends to be for a brief period)

Tornat

This is always the week we go to Florida and it just has been getting more busy over the years . that being said last time was 2018 and flight of passage , slinky dog and dwarf mine train where all close to 2 hours . were leaving to go in a few days little later this year but been watching the disney app I don't know how accurate that is but the wait times look Really good right now.

retroeric

Original Poster
This is always the week we go to Florida and it just has been getting more busy over the years . that being said last time was 2018 and flight of passage , slinky dog and dwarf mine train where all close to 2 hours . were leaving to go in a few days little later this year but been watching the disney app I don't know how accurate that is but the wait times look Really good right now.
10-15 years ago, this exact week and the last couple weeks in September you could practically walk onto any ride. It's clear they've changed how they manage the parks now. Disappointing.

retroeric

Original Poster
And I think one problem is there is no "people eater " attractions at HS. All the new attractions are so short, you sneeze and you're done
There are number of good reasons in this thread, but I think the most likely one is what you just said and what @disneygeek90 pointed out earlier- No large capacity attractions.

Dave B

I think middle of the day from 12-4 is always busy, if I am not mistaken, that is when we always take a break, you can see the masses filling the park

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
And I think one problem is there is no "people eater " attractions at HS. All the new attractions are so short, you sneeze and you're done
bless you sneeze GIF

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Simply put, this is Disneys priority list
1. Profit
2. Profit
3. Profit
Then somewhere much later down the list is guest experience.
This is true, but likely not the reason Disney has what have been normal September weekday waits for 6-7 years on a weekday in September.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom