Expired PhotoPass Question

Shimmer73083

Well, we had all of our personal pictures from our trip in September on my mom's computer, which, she crashed and burned. Of course, due to the fact that we were moving, I hadn't had a chance to back up the files and we lost all of our Disney pictures. :cry:

We still have our Photopass keychain and hadn't logged in to register it, but there aren't any pictures on it anymore I guess because they expire after 30 days. :shrug:

My question is, 1. Is there anyway to get these pictures back, and 2. Obviously we are going to have to go back to Disney World to take more pictures - can we reuse the same Photopass keychain since apparently there's nothing on it? :confused:

Thank you for the help!

daliseurat

It depends on how long ago your pictures expired. If it's recent, there's a good chance they still have your pictures on their system and can restore them for you, especially if you indicate you wanted to buy a CD. Regardless of when they expired, call them direct and explain the situation. As long as they still have your photos they'll help you. Mine expired, but for only a couple days and I was able to get them back. Good luck!

Upvote 0

bluefaery

Well, we had all of our personal pictures from our trip in September on my mom's computer, which, she crashed and burned. Of course, due to the fact that we were moving, I hadn't had a chance to back up the files and we lost all of our Disney pictures. :cry:

We still have our Photopass keychain and hadn't logged in to register it, but there aren't any pictures on it anymore I guess because they expire after 30 days. :shrug:

My question is, 1. Is there anyway to get these pictures back, and 2. Obviously we are going to have to go back to Disney World to take more pictures - can we reuse the same Photopass keychain since apparently there's nothing on it? :confused:

Thank you for the help!

I was wondering the same thing since i have an old Photopass card. I didn't know they make key chains now.

Upvote 0

Unplugged

When we were at WDW in October, we asked Photo Pass CM's about the re-use of the passes. Our interest was to re-use the mini pass we got at Typhoon Lagoon as it has the wristband on it making it more convenient. According to multiple CMs, you can re-use them. The only thing that expires are the photos associated with the cards.

They most likely dis-associate the card with you as well upon expiration. This allows for future re-use of the numbers. That may be an issue, though I would venture to say, the odds of the same number being in use on a new card while your at the park or even in your 30 day window seem pretty unlikely. Anyway, you'll have to re-enter the number when you log in after your vacation.

Not having done this myself yet, I'd recommend a test. Have a photo taken the first day using your previous card, then go to one of the Kiosks and check your pics to make sure they're retrievable before you go and have your entire family vacation associated with it.

Upvote 0

Shimmer73083

Original Poster
Thank you for all of your help!

We have a wristband Photopass card we got at Blizzard Beach. It is a lot handier when you're going through the parks to just whip it out and hand it to them. You can clip it to your pack or whatever you use.

Calling Disney today to ask about the old photos - the were taken in September 2007.

Thanks again! I can always count on these boards!!
:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom