Experiences with DWTickets.com

Moustronaut

Original Poster
Howdy folks. Any of the fine users here ordered their park tickets from DWTickets.com? We're looking at purchasing 2 10 day park hoppers with no experation from DWTickets.com. Even with shipping we'd save about $25 over advance purchase price from WDW.

Anyone have any good or bad experiences? I know they are a sponsor here and was wondering if anyone had any glowing reviews or nasty horror stories.

TIA

WDWFigment

I have the same question. I did a search and a couple other people said they've used DWSavers...has anyone recently? It'll save me a few bucks over Undercover Tourist (which I know is reputtable) and every bit helps. Thanks!

klofan

Banned
I was gonna try dwtickets.com, but I searched for an address of the place on their site and their wasn't any. So I got a little worried because I was going to be spending like $800 on there. So just to be safe I spent the extra money because I knew disneyworld.com at least wouldn't be a fake.

Pooh88

When I got my tickets this year I asked the forum about other sites. General consensus was that the only think you can really trust is dorectly through Disney.

WDWFigment

When I got my tickets this year I asked the forum about other sites. General consensus was that the only think you can really trust is dorectly through Disney.

I saw that thread (thanks, as it kind of helped me :wave:) and that seemed to be one opinion, while others said you could save some money by going through Undercovertourist.com or other similar sites. I'm about to pull the trigger on this, but I just want to make sure at least more than a few people have had success with DWTickets.com (and recently).

Champion

I saw that thread (thanks, as it kind of helped me :wave:) and that seemed to be one opinion, while others said you could save some money by going through Undercovertourist.com or other similar sites. I'm about to pull the trigger on this, but I just want to make sure at least more than a few people have had success with DWTickets.com (and recently).

Do a couple of things:

Don't order the tickets TOO far out. Make it within 60 or so days of when you're planning on using them.
Order with a credit card with 0% fraud liability. That way, if something does go wrong, you can dispute it with the credit card company and get your money back.

WDWFigment

Do a couple of things:

Don't order the tickets TOO far out. Make it within 60 or so days of when you're planning on using them.
Order with a credit card with 0% fraud liability. That way, if something does go wrong, you can dispute it with the credit card company and get your money back.

Ahh, great thinking (you really are a veritable wealth of knowledge, aren't you?). I guess I should go ahead and order tonight, seeing as my trip is 17 days away and I have fraud protection on my Disney Visa!

Summitplummet14

One of my cousins worked with wdw, and said that people have complained about not getting their tickets, and when asked where they ordered them it was from dwtickets.com

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Where is MontyMon, he was one of the people who recommended the DWTickets.com, I assume he's ordered from them...
I just provided links to a couple of different on-line discount ticket sellers that I haven't heard anything bad about. I didn't 'recommend' anything... My apologies if you took it that way, as with anything on-line, there is a Caveat Emptor attached. I'm an AP holder and have never used a discounter.

WDWFigment

I just provided links to a couple of different on-line discount ticket sellers that I haven't heard anything bad about. I didn't 'recommend' anything... My apologies if you took it that way, as with anything on-line, there is a Caveat Emptor attached. I'm an AP holder and have never used a discounter.

Oh great. I hope someone has bought from them recently, because I spent $885 last night on tickets, and really don't want to have to deal with the credit card's fraud line. Anyone ever buy from them or know someone who has?

lilclerk

I almost used dwtickets.com for Universal and Cirque tickets, but ended up going with mapleleaftickets.com as they were slightly cheaper. Maple Leaf had excellent customer service and I highly recommend them if anyone's still looking for tickets.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Oh great. I hope someone has bought from them recently, because I spent $885 last night on tickets, and really don't want to have to deal with the credit card's fraud line. Anyone ever buy from them or know someone who has?
I've never heard anything negative [until the third-hand comments earlier in this thread - I'm not doubting the cousin, but there's no indication what, if any corrective action might have been attempted], I'm fairly certain they're reputable, the site has been around for a few years, and they sell for most Florida attractions.

They have a location in Lake Buena Vista where you can physically find them if you haven't received what you ordered by the time you go:

http://www.dwtickets.com/help_answer.asp?ID=112#112

Certainly, let us know if you do have problems or if it goes smoothly, for future reference.

WDWFigment

Thanks, MontyMon. Just as a sort of preliminary problem, I didn't receive my order confirmation email (nor was I able to login to the website with my email address and username to check my order status).

I called them, and after waiting for 15 minutes on hold, I finally talked to someone, who gave me my order number, confirmed my email address...but still didn't send a confirmation email. This is making me a little nervous, but hopefully I'm just overreacting.

WDWFigment

Just a followup to this--we got an email a couple days after the order saying our tickets had shipped (along with a fedex confirmation number) the tickets arrived when they were supposed to and most importantly--WORKED. I recommend the site (it was cheaper for us than Undercovertourist would've been, even with the Mousesavers discount). Just make sure to sign up for their email mailing list for an even better deal!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I just read your great trip report and then I read this thread. I was going to ask you in your trip report if the tickets worked! :lol: Guess they did.

Glad you didn't have any snags in the plan and you saved some money in the process. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom