Expedition Everest...

Fossil

Original Poster
I was reading updates on this site about Expedition Everest and I came upon information that I am sure all of you have allready read...

Max Height of Track: 120 ft
Max Drop: 80ft
Max Speed: 50mph
Trains will travel in both forward and backward directions

...and for once I wish Disney would make a thrill ride that is not common or hold the same features as other normal and banal roller coasters. Besides having forward and backward dirctions.... the height, drop, and speed are not record breaking and don't provide as much of a thrill as other top roller coasters do. I know Disney is all about making family entertainment and blah blah blah... but I think they should really add more thrill and maybe raise the speed and drop. Disney should make this ride more mindboggling anf jaw dropping than what it already is made out to be. what do you guys think?

:hammer:

WDWspider

Originally posted by Fossil
what do you guys think?

Sounds like you and me got totally different expectations for this ride. I can't wait to experience the attraction. To me, the total package will be the biggest thrill.

Fossil

Original Poster
Re: Re: Expedition Everest...

Originally posted by spider-man
Sounds like you and me got totally different expectations for this ride. I can't wait to experience the attraction. To me, the total package will be the biggest thrill.

Don't get me wrong....the ride itself seems incredible. The theme and ideas seem original and i can't wait to ride it, but i just think Disney could do more with it and try not to make it a standard coaster. :hammer:

imagineersrock

...and for once I wish Disney would make a thrill ride that is not common or hold the same features as other normal and banal roller coasters.

pehaps this ride will be "common or normal" to you, i think its going to be incredible regardless... as for brand spanking new stuff, at least we've got M:S just weeks away now- and this attraction should 'revolutionize' the theme park industry -seeing that thiswill be a first-of-its-kind ride... that must have you pretty excited right??

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The "tallest and fastest" is left for Cedar Point and co. to do.

Disney attractions like this are about the whole family enjoying a TOTAL THEMED EXPERIENCE. If you are looking for maximum thrill (in terms of height and speed) you are not in the right place at Disney. :)

Big Pooh

Re: Re: Re: Expedition Everest...

Don't get me wrong....the ride itself seems incredible. The theme and ideas seem original and i can't wait to ride it, but i just think Disney could do more with it and try not to make it a standard coaster. :hammer:

I don't think this is going to be a "standard" coaster. Standard coasters don't go in and out of 200ft mountains. Standard coasters don't go forward AND backward. Standard coasters don't have the show elements that EE and for that matter The Mummy at US are going to have. Standard coasters don't have a detailed queue that starts in a Himalayan village built from scratch.

My point is that Cedar Point, Magic Mountain and a few other amusement parks have done the higher, longer and faster thing with standard coasters to death. That's not what Disney is about. The Movie set that Disney is building around this mountain looks to be spectacular. :cool: I'm looking forward to riding it in a few years. Calling Expedition Everest a standard coaster is like calling the Tower of Terror and standard drop ride.

Cheers :wave:

Fossil

Original Poster
Re: Re: Expedition Everest...

Originally posted by imagineersrock
pehaps this ride will be "common or normal" to you, i think its going to be incredible regardless... as for brand spanking new stuff, at least we've got M:S just weeks away now- and this attraction should 'revolutionize' the theme park industry -seeing that thiswill be a first-of-its-kind ride... that must have you pretty excited right??

lol... guys don't get me wrong i am really excited. I have been nagging my brother and mother since i first heard of EE. I think the queue line is going to be awesome and the forward and backward portion is going to be ingenious but other than that, I just wish Disney would for once create something faster and higher. For example, when we are going to be taken to the top before the drop, the coaster should come out for the tip and the drop should be 200 ft, then after the drop we go straight into the mountain and begin the adventure. Something like that..i don't know maybe it's just me seeking more thrills....ah whatever...lol!:hammer:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Re: Re: Re: Expedition Everest...

the drop should be 200 ft, then after the drop we go straight into the mountain and begin the adventure. Something like that..i don't know maybe it's just me seeking more thrills....ah whatever...lol!:hammer:

LOL well the 200ft drop would immediately put it out of the "family" category. It just isnt going to happen, LOL. Disney are not going to do big coasters Cedar Point style. :)

Fossil

Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: Re: Expedition Everest...

Originally posted by wdwmagic
LOL well the 200ft drop would immediately put it out of the "family" category. It just isnt going to happen, LOL. Disney are not going to do big coasters Cedar Point style. :)

lol, Yea I know....it will never happen. It was just wishfull thinking:( but who knows it can happen... never say never. Unless Disney decides to make a fifth park...it will just be thrill rides (there i go again...wishfully thinking) lol. :hammer:

Dayma

The "tallest and fastest" is left for Cedar Point and co. to do.

Well said. I dont think Disney even cares to compete with Cedar Point. I leave in Ohio and all I can say is that if building the biggest best rollercoasters was the thing to do then why isnt Cedar Point anything near what WDW is as far as quality goes. It is a very dirty park where you wait 3 hours to get on a ride....:(

westie

I once read a short story about the amusement park of the future. They offered rides with differrent degree's of thrill. I think this would be great at WDW. Like working your way up to the highdive.

"Hey, lets try the Haunted Mansion on level 4 this time!"

ToTBellHop

The biggest drop or the greatest speed does not always mean the greatest thrills. Look at the Tower of Terror--there are drop towers that drop you from more than twice the height of the drop shafts on the Tower, and yet I find the Tower of Terror the scariest and most thrilling drop ride in the world...thrills on EVEREST will come from the overall experience. It will be a thrill ride, there is no denying that--then we have Mission: SPACE, which looks to be the most intense thrill ride in Orlando--Disney just finds much better ways to thrill its guests than shoot them up and down a 420 foot piece of track on a 17-second ride (by the way, Top Thrill Dragster reportedly lost one of its tires a few nights back...flew off the ride lol...that'll teach em!). Finally, if I know Disney, and I think I do, it will feel a lot faster than 50 mph...the Tower of Terror seems much faster than its...proprietary top speed of I'm guessing 35-40 mph, and Space Mountain certainly feels as if it goes faster than 28 mph...the Imagineers know what they are doing.:)

Dayma

...the Imagineers know what they are doing

Aint that the truth! Cedar Point does not have imagineers like Disney so the only thing they can do is create faster and bigger rides, all redo's of different coasters. Disney Imagineers can make you experience anything they want. For example: I just rode Test Track for the first time my last trip and I swear I was going 100mph even though I know I wasnt.( I am not a roller coaster person so this was fast enough for me :) )

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by blackride
Aint that the truth! Cedar Point does not have imagineers like Disney so the only thing they can do is create faster and bigger rides, all redo's of different coasters. Disney Imagineers can make you experience anything they want. For example: I just rode Test Track for the first time my last trip and I swear I was going 100mph even though I know I wasnt.( I am not a roller coaster person so this was fast enough for me :) )

It gets to a point where going faster stops being fun...I mean, if you ride Top Thrill Dragster, after waiting in the ridiculous line, the first 3 seconds, you feel like your face is being ripped off (not really a good feeling), you get an amazing view for 1 second, and you are on the ground two seconds later...it's not even all that fun, just ridiculously intense, almost painful...you think the RnR acceleration is bad...sheesh. I'll stick with blasting my car from 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds lol

Dayma

I'll stick with blasting my car from 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds lol

he he nice car......

But its true ever person here in OHIO I have talked to was soooo excited about the new ride but after riding it they were not all that thrilled...

ToTBellHop

he he nice car......

But its true ever person here in OHIO I have talked to was soooo excited about the new ride but after riding it they were not all that thrilled...

lol...I wish my car could pull a Rock 'n' Roller Coaster lol...but you are right. Top Thrill Dragster was all build up, and with its absurdly low capacity, you wait so long for a 17-second ride...it's not worth the wait...I'll take Milennium Force over it any day...Top Thrill is more intense than thrilling--to the point of being downright painful.

Fossil

Original Poster
Originally posted by DogsRule!
lol...I wish my car could pull a Rock 'n' Roller Coaster lol...but you are right. Top Thrill Dragster was all build up, and with its absurdly low capacity, you wait so long for a 17-second ride...it's not worth the wait...I'll take Milennium Force over it any day...Top Thrill is more intense than thrilling--to the point of being downright painful.

17-second ride? Are you telling me Top Thrill Dragster is not a full coaster? It's just a high drop and that's it? That s*cks. I thought it was an actual coaster.:hammer:

Fossil

Original Poster
You go UP you go DOWN....hehe

I am mad....i was looking forward to an actual coaster. That really s*cks. I really wanted to go to Ohio to ride it.... but now that I know it's just a tease, forget it!:hammer:

SmarterChild

No, Top Thrill Dragster is a complete circut roller coaster. Basicly to describe it simplest if any of you have been to Knotts Berry Farm and ridden Xellerator than you might no what I'm talking about becuase Top Thrill Dragster is sorda the same as Xcellerators first frop. But The drop on Top Thrill Dragster is you launch and zoom straight up and rotate 90 degrees. At the top of the hill the ride is at 420 feet. Once the train reaches the crest it goes down and does a 270 degree twist on the way. From there it goes straight back into the brakes. Even though the ride is short, I did hear its supposed to a very good one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom