Expedition Everest stopped

LivingtheDream

Original Poster
According to the Orlando Sentinel, the ride has come to a stop and guests are being e-vac'd off the ride .... they didn't say what time it happened but the story was posted at 3:15 est ... that's all I have

Neverland

I've evac'd people off of my rides for simple technical issues that would take a while to fix, just for the guests' convenience. An evac is usually not a big deal. I was at DAK a few weeks ago and they either evac'd Everest or cycled out, because no one was on the ride when I got there, and it was down for a few hours.

SeaCastle

Expedition Everest is only supposed to operate with four trains, and five trains should only be used in times of high attendance. Unfortunately, efficiency beat out over show, and five trains are now used extensively, disrupting the show and apparently putting the ride under greater strain. Expedition Everest has so much wrong with it at this point, and only a refurb will be able to fix it. This is the giant elephant in the room that management is ignoring, and reflects on management's choice to not add any more rides to take the pressure off of the park's major E-tickets.

Testtrack321

According to the Orlando Sentinel, the ride has come to a stop and guests are being e-vac'd off the ride .... they didn't say what time it happened but the story was posted at 3:15 est ... that's all I have

I've seen EE e-vaced like 2 times last trip. It's no big deal and the fact Sentinel is reporting it says more about the paper than Disney's reliability...

Horizonstta

Expedition Everest is only supposed to operate with four trains, and five trains should only be used in times of high attendance. Unfortunately, efficiency beat out over show, and five trains are now used extensively, disrupting the show and apparently putting the ride under greater strain. Expedition Everest has so much wrong with it at this point, and only a refurb will be able to fix it. This is the giant elephant in the room that management is ignoring, and reflects on management's choice to not add any more rides to take the pressure off of the park's major E-tickets.

And you know this to be true how...?

_Scar

Wow! 5 trains! :eek:

That seems almost dangerous!

hpyhnt 1000

Thanks Orlando Sentinel for reporting that an attraction at a theme park stopped and was evac'd. Newsflash: this sort of thing happens on different attractions on a daily basis not only at Disney, but at Universal, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, and at the many other theme/amusment parks around the country.

But keep up that hard hitting, unbiased reporting guys! :rolleyes:

EDIT: According to the Sentinel, Everest reopened around 5PM.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-everest-ride-stopped-20100829,0,720936.story

TTATraveler

I wish the Orlando Slantinel would just go bankrupt and cease operations.:fork: I certainly would not miss having a newspaper in Orlando. Between these "non-newsworthy stories" and their writers feeling the constant need to start a sentence with the word "and", I cannot stomach reading this newspaper.

SeaCastle

And you know this to be true how...?

The four-car/five-car configuration has been discussed since the attraction opened. At this point in time, however, I'm unable to find said discussions, but I'll keep looking. The refurb/AK problem is common sense combined with what I've read across the internet about the dilemma the park is in.

SOLISIMO

The four-car/five-car configuration has been discussed since the attraction opened. At this point in time, however, I'm unable to find said discussions, but I'll keep looking. The refurb/AK problem is common sense combined with what I've read across the internet about the dilemma the park is in.

People like you is what keeps this site in the negative. Why dont you search positive discussions about the park instead of the negative:veryconfu or is that not enough drama for you:zipit:

SeaCastle

People like you is what keeps this site in the negative. Why dont you search positive discussions about the park instead of the negative:veryconfu or is that not enough drama for you:zipit:

I participate in both "positive" and "negative" discussions of the resort. I'm not looking for drama or to call attention to myself, I just came here to participate in the boards.

Phonedave

Wow! 5 trains! :eek:

That seems almost dangerous!

Why? If there are enough separate break zones, there is nothing wrong with it. The CM's have to be a little more one the spot on load, because the trains come in faster. If they are slow, then you get a pause coming into unload.

I don't see how 5 cars sacrifices show, or causes additional stress aside from increasing the number of guests that cycle the ride.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom