Exclusive Toys At 'Once Upon A Toy'

bamboo7

Original Poster
I think someone mentioned that OUAT would be opeing to the public today. i am very excited to see pictures people might have of it.
I was wondering about the exclusive toys they will have there. i know they have a disney world version of monopoly, and a haunted mansion version of clue, but what other exclusive toys will be sold there? and if anyone has any pictures or price information for any of them, post that too. thanks

hellokitty1

http://www.wdwmagic.com/around.htm
check this out for interior photos

A special MR. POTATO HEAD with Disney-themed parts such as Mickey Mouse ears, a character autograph book, a Mickey balloon, a sorcerer’s hat and a teacup vehicle from Disney’s Mad Tea Party attraction.
A new version of the sleuthing board game CLUE based on Disney’s popular Haunted Mansion attraction.
A Disney theme park edition of MONOPOLY, the world’s most popular board game.
Star Tours action figures from the “Star Wars”-inspired attraction developed by Disney and George Lucas.
A PLAY-DOH play set based on Disney’s beloved It’s a Small World attraction.
A miniature version of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge resort hotel made of LINCOLN LOGS.

Construction continues on Once Upon a Toy

Outside, an interactive play area will offer still more fun.

“Once Upon A Toy will be a wonderful destination for everyone who loves to play,” said Al Weiss, president of Walt Disney World Resort. “I’m delighted to welcome our guests to this newest addition at Downtown Disney and look forward to the magic they’ll encounter.”

Alan G. Hassenfeld, Hasbro’s chairman and CEO, said, “Once Upon A Toy will offer visitors to Downtown Disney an incredibly unique play experience for ‘kids’ of all ages. Together with Disney, we are building a destination filled with great toys, games, imagination and fun.”

Disney Themed Mr. Potato Head

Guests also will find a wide selection of popular Disney playthings such as character stuffed toys, the new My Disney Girl doll and accessories, and toys inspired by the magic of Walt Disney World Resort, including miniature versions of Disney’s popular monorail system and Cinderella Castle.

--Posted May 30, 2002
Source: Walt Disney World Press Release

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
argh!!!

*paycheck deposited....*

MUST... control.. myself..

MUST... spend money...

buy... toys..

buy.. stuff I don't need...

MUST...spent money

bamboo7

Original Poster
i amr eally curious about the prices of the new special toys. especially the new monopoly and clue sets (i love board games).
can anyone help me out?

cymbaldiva

I'm sure this is a very stupid question, but since the toy store isn't run by Mattel anymore, does that definately mean no more WDW Barbies?

monorail256

If you search around on the www.theforce.net under collectibles you will find links for the Star Tours Attraction toys. Do we know if they are only selling the Star Tours toys at OUAT and not that Star Tours attraction itself?

DisneyCP2000

I don't know when it exactly opened up but I was there yesterday to check it out. There's plenty of toys to see and play with, and since I was spending a lot of time trying to stuff as many body parts for my Mr potato head for 12.99 I really didn't get a chance to see the entire store. I did get a couple of photos of the place so I'll post em up sooner or later.

Attachments

• img_0981alt.jpg
    img_0981alt.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 298

bamboo7

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
I don't know when it exactly opened up but I was there yesterday to check it out. There's plenty of toys to see and play with, and since I was spending a lot of time trying to stuff as many body parts for my Mr potato head for 12.99 I really didn't get a chance to see the entire store. I did get a couple of photos of the place so I'll post em up sooner or later.

did you happen to get a price for any of the new wdw based board games?

Steamboat_Kevin

Originally posted by Turbogames
Isnt the Disney Monopoly thats already out $30? So I would think the other one are around the same price as that.
I was at Target a few days ago and Disney Monopoly was $16! That's a great deal!

bamboo7

Original Poster
Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin

I was at Target a few days ago and Disney Monopoly was $16! That's a great deal!

that is a different one. you are talking about disney monopoly, where all the spaces are based on disney movies. the new one is WDW monopoly where the spaces are based on attractions and whatnot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom