Exclusive: Disney X Coach Limited Edition Collection {06.17.16}

Siren

Original Poster
VOGUE: Coach’s New Collection Is Good News for Mickey Mouse Lovers Everywhere

When Stuart Vevers, the executive creative director of Coach, tells you this is a very important year, he isn’t referring to the upcoming election or the looming Brexit vote—no, what he means is, Shanghai Disney Resort is opening!

Vevers, in addition to being the British guy at the helm of this iconic American leather firm (are we not all citizens of the world?), is a total, complete, unapologetic, proud Disney freak, who cheerfully confesses that he spends his downtime not in Capri or Cannes, but trolling Main Streets in Disneylands from Paris to Orlando to Anaheim.

Which is why it makes prefect sense that Coach and Vevers have created a gaggle of limited-edition bags, sportswear, and sneakers in collaboration with Disney. All of the items in this irresistible collection—from the leather jacket with the studded silhouette on its back, to the T-shirts, to an impressive array of handbags, backpacks, purses, and totes, feature a certain mouse, caught in a variety of irreverent poses. Sometimes he is offering a thumbs up, sometimes whoops!—he appears to have fallen right through the bag!—and sometimes, despite being a California native, he is giving you a Bronx cheer. (This of-mice-and-men confab launches today exclusively at the Coach store in Soho, New York, and at Colette, in Paris, and will be released on June 17 on coach.com and Coach stores worldwide.)

Though Vevers is a fan of the entire extended Disney cartoon clan, “We only did Mickey, the icon—it’s America’s leather house with America’s mouse!” For inspiration, he turned to the cheeky Mickey of the ’70s and ’80s, “Mickey in a cool context,” as he puts it. “Madonna with the ears, Emilio Estevez in The Outsiders. Something tougher!” (Well, as tough as a mouse in shorts can be.) The results are sometimes overt—a snap-top purse with giant ears—but frequently more subtle, offering a graphic small enough to slip into a board meeting, but sufficiently visible to raise a smile to your lips on a dark day. (How bad can your mood be if you have a roller-skating Mickey on your arm?)

A number of the bags were inspired by shapes that the famed American designer Bonnie Cashin created for the house decades ago—the classic Saddle; the Dinky, a small zip-top number; the Skinny tote, based on a paper bag, now all further enhanced by guess who? The line also includes leather display cases holding rare Mickey comic books (and with a mouse on their spines), coasters, frames, and even a group of free-standing—well, actually sitting—mice in black leather from miniature to gargantuan (a home-decorating item none of your friends will have!).

Musing on the veil of secrecy that has surrounded the project, Vevers says, “It’s fun to do something you don’t tell anyone about, sort of buy-it-now, a big surprise! Fashion should be like that.” And why this mouse, these bags, these tees, right now? Vevers says laughing. “You go straight to what you love.”

2ymvdxu.jpg

34yz212.jpg

1z2m5v8.jpg

312e7wm.jpg

111jdvs.jpg

b8ml53.jpg

107wg8m.jpg

axi4ig.jpg

3502g46.jpg

1196zpk.jpg

13yjya.jpg

2rmr4pg.jpg

2zpi254.jpg

rsa91k.jpg

2qsq9va.jpg

yh0z8.jpg

2h8crxt.jpg

mb372a.jpg

qn9vr5.jpg

260qxht.jpg

Simply put, these totally gorgeous Disney Coach bags go on sale at The Coach Store or Coach.com next ***Friday, June 17, 2016***. This is your chance to snag one before it ends up on Ebay at three times the list price or more. Happy Shopping!

Siren

Original Poster
Will pick up a few for my SO.
Awww, that is *so* sweet @Chef Mickey. You seem like such a great guy. Like, she will be among the very first and only people to own these bags. The bag(s) will be an instant conversation piece where ever she goes and also guaranteed bragging rights -- not just the bag(s) but you, too -- for buying them for her. LOL.

Chef Mickey

Awww, that is *so* sweet @Chef Mickey. You seem like such a great guy. Like, she will be among the very first and only people to own these bags. The bag(s) will be an instant conversation piece where ever she goes and also guaranteed bragging rights -- not just the bag(s) but you, too -- for buying them for her. LOL.
I spoil her...what can I say? Hey, it's cheaper than the Louboutin boots I gave her, so I got off easy...

Siren

Original Poster
OMG. Louboutin boots? Just wow. Like, I am totally speechless and as you know that doesn't happen to me very often. You totally deserve the Best Boyfriend/Husband ever award. LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom