Exclusive Dining Coming to All 4 Parks and Disney Springs?

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
The latest rumor from Jim Hill on Episode 112 of his podcast with/@lentesta talks about adding Club 33 style dining to each of the four parks as well as Disney Springs.

It would likely be offered to Golden Oaks residents first before being offered to the masses.

Possible in park locations include the never built David Copperfield's location in DHS (Hill overlooking Fantasmic) and Monsieur Paul in Epcot.

Last edited:

Siren

As always, I found Jim's Hill's discussion of this interesting and even intriguing, but it just makes me think of how Disney is steadily slanting toward the upper class market. Nothing new of course, but I simply hate to see the cash grab that is going on. He also stated that they intend to build more Golden Oaks-like properties.
Those properties are the Four Seasons Orlando Private Residences. The homes start at $5 Million and include access to the Four Seasons Resort facilities and The Golden Oak Club that also comes with special Disney perks.

The problem with Golden Oak is that many of the owners reside elsewhere and use these as sporadic vacation homes -- so there is not much of a "community" -- the majority of the time the homes remain vacant. There is only one owner that resides there year round and goes to work everyday.

Anyway, Golden Oak is just so beautiful -- I totally love taking a jog through the neighborhood in the morning and an occasional evening stroll whenever time allowed.

ETA: I forgot to comment on the restaurants. I'm not sure if I care for the concept of Disney Club 33 or whatever. I wish this kind of thing would stay out of WDW.

Last edited:

Bolt

As always, I found Jim's Hill's discussion of this interesting and even intriguing, but it just makes me think of how Disney is steadily slanting toward the upper class market. Nothing new of course, but I simply hate to see the cash grab that is going on. He also stated that they intend to build more Golden Oaks-like properties.
But but Disneyland does it!

dreamfinder

But but Disneyland does it!

And I just can't see this working out nearly as well at WDW as it does at DLR. Pretty sure there are alot more rich people/companies within an hour or so drive of DLR that are willing to foot the Club 33 cost and probably even write it off than there are within an hour drive of WDW.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

GlassHalfFull

isn't Be Our Guest Exclusive enough? I had to get tickets to the VMCP to be able to get reservations for my wife's favorite restaurant on property.. Don't get me wrong.. I'd do a lot of things to get into Club 33 1 time.. but there are some places at WDW that seemingly are just as hard to get into, without the FULL financial obligation..

Bocabear

When EPCOT opened, the dining was the major draw to World Showcase... not sure whether the dining has changed or we are just more worldly now, but the restaurants while still busy, are not the most exciting thing about EPCOT...It is no longer that special to eat at Mexico or China...or any of the restaurants...Maybe adding some amazing truly unique dining experiences would bring back that wow factor...and trust me, there are people willing to pay more for something special...

jakeman

isn't Be Our Guest Exclusive enough? I had to get tickets to the VMCP to be able to get reservations for my wife's favorite restaurant on property.. Don't get me wrong.. I'd do a lot of things to get into Club 33 1 time.. but there are some places at WDW that seemingly are just as hard to get into, without the FULL financial obligation..
Demand greater than capacity does not equal the same manner of exclusivity that is proposed here.

jakeman

When EPCOT opened, the dining was the major draw to World Showcase... not sure whether the dining has changed or we are just more worldly now, but the restaurants while still busy, are not the most exciting thing about EPCOT...It is no longer that special to eat at Mexico or China...or any of the restaurants...Maybe adding some amazing truly unique dining experiences would bring back that wow factor...and trust me, there are people willing to pay more for something special...
I'd say a little bit of both.

World Showcase is supposed to inspire folks to get out into the real world. It would make sense that the dining would be an introduction to those cuisines and expanding on them in the real world would make WS dining seem more pedestrian.

I know I found it "adventurous" 15 years ago and now, while still good, is not what I would consider unique in most aspects, but my passport has a few more stamps in it now.

GlassHalfFull

Demand greater than capacity does not equal the same manner of exclusivity that is proposed here.

I understand the difference, I truly do. But, when I have a standing offer to accompany friends to Club 33 when I next get out to DL, and can't get into BOG without paying for a 7-10 day trip and staying on site, it certainly can feel that way. The trip to Disney to have first crack.. the 60+hotel stay timetable, would costs thousands of dollars.. is that really that different than the financial obligation to become a member at Club 33? I'd contend there are many similarities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom