Excited for the Poly!!!! ALOT of questions though..help!

j.piedrafite

Premium Member
Agree with most things that others have said. The Polynesian is our home DVC resort and we love it. Make sure you check out the nightly torch lighting ceremony, and get up early one morning to watch the sunrise from the beach - it's absolutely stunning.

It's beautiful at Christmas, they have some great tropical decorations and as someone said earlier, one of the best Christmas music loops. Would definitely take a day to stay at the resort and hang out at the pool, and then hop the monorail to check out the decorations at the Grand Floridian and Contemporary - the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian is incredible!

We're going in December and also couldn't get a reservation at 'Ohana so we're going to try the Twilight Feast - which is basically 'Ohana room service, I've heard great things about it. Kona Cafe is great for both breakfast and dinner, especially if you like sushi. Hope you have a great trip!

I love the Poly!
We got married there in February!
we often go to WDW in December!
We found that going to the parks during the day on a MNSSHP night meant that the park was actually quieter in the day! guess it is because people don't want to pay for tickets to get kicked out early!

Khcuttin

Original Poster
Agree with most things that others have said. The Polynesian is our home DVC resort and we love it. Make sure you check out the nightly torch lighting ceremony, and get up early one morning to watch the sunrise from the beach - it's absolutely stunning.

It's beautiful at Christmas, they have some great tropical decorations and as someone said earlier, one of the best Christmas music loops. Would definitely take a day to stay at the resort and hang out at the pool, and then hop the monorail to check out the decorations at the Grand Floridian and Contemporary - the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian is incredible!

We're going in December and also couldn't get a reservation at 'Ohana so we're going to try the Twilight Feast - which is basically 'Ohana room service, I've heard great things about it. Kona Cafe is great for both breakfast and dinner, especially if you like sushi. Hope you have a great trip!
Thank you!!! I can't wait to see and do the experiences you have recommended! The torch lighting sounds amazing, as does the gingerbread house at the GF! !!!

Khcuttin

Original Poster
We just stayed there the last week in August and absolutely loved it we were in the Aotora building (sorry on spelling). We found it very centrally located right near the pool great ceremonial house Captain Cook’s is open 24 hours which is really convenient for this early riser we found the resort spotlessly clean the Siems beyond helpful and friendly there was always somebody cleaning something or maintenance was around touching up something and the rooms are so big we were four adults and had plenty of room
Im glad to hear you had such a great time!!!! I hope my experience is as good as yours! Thank you!!!!

Khcuttin

Original Poster
They are building it now. The major construction is the bridge over the canal. I doubt it will be ready for December though, although anything is possible - the path itself is mostly already there.

It’ll be something like 0.68 of a mile I believe.
That's not a bad walk at all! Well, unless it has little to no shade cover, but Disney is pretty great in that regard. Its so great to watch Disney continue to expand and be able to experience all "the new stuff" every time we go back. Lol, Im such a Disney nut!! Lol

Khcuttin

Original Poster
I love the Poly!
We got married there in February!
we often go to WDW in December!
We found that going to the parks during the day on a MNSSHP night meant that the park was actually quieter in the day! guess it is because people don't want to pay for tickets to get kicked out early!
Congratulations on your wedding!!! What a special place to get married!!!! A true Prince and Princess🌺

Khcuttin

Original Poster
The walk to the GF isn’t too bad at all from the Poly, 8 minutes approx. They are currently building the path to MK so no that isn’t ready yet. Monorail will be the best way to MK with your accessibility needs, there is the boat but they are the smaller ones and you can’t remain in a wheelchair on them.
TY!! You are very thoughtful to think of my son Jack. His mobility needs are obviously different and I appreciate your advice on the best routes to take a wheelchair 💜 Thank you!!

stratman50th

No more pork at O'hana. They have chicken, steak, and shrimp now. All you can eat. They also have as sides, pot stickers, noodles, veggies and bbq chicken. I think there's something else that my dim memory can't pull up? I should, we've eaten there numerous times most recently this past May.
Here's the gingerbread house at GF they were talking about:

Khcuttin

Original Poster
Omg!!!!! That is made out of gingerbread!!!!! WOW
No more pork at O'hana. They have chicken, steak, and shrimp now. All you can eat. They also have as sides, pot stickers, noodles, veggies and bbq chicken. I think there's something else that my dim memory can't pull up? I should, we've eaten there numerous times most recently this past May.
Here's the gingerbread house at GF they were talking about:
View attachment 410851
!!!! It looks like they have stuff for purchase as well??? I can't wait, you guys have all made me want to live at Disney during the Holidays with all of your great advice!!! Lol!! Idk why I have never been during the Holidays? Its always such a busy time for me at home that I never considered it, but obviously I have been missing out!!!!! Thank you so much!!

Khcuttin

Original Poster

Myself and my son will be there from December 13th to the 18th, its a short trip but I would love to say "Hi" to you and your family and maybe buy you a Dole Whip to say "thank you"? Of course, if you will be there at that time? Offer stands, just let me know. 🌺 If our paths don't cross, I hope you have a terrific vacation!!!!

stratman50th

This has little to do with the Poly except we ate at O'hana, but getting to see the decorations at Christmas has always been on my wife's bucket list. We went last Dec. (2018) for that purpose. We brought our own house and stayed at Fort Wilderness. Those people are crazy! They decorate everything. If possible touring the loops at the campground is pretty great. Not sure how you would do it with a wheel chair though.. :(
Of all the hotels we went to we thought the Wilderness Lodge had the best decorations and tree. Just our opinion.

Adam1224

We did the twilight feast our last night over Thanksgiving break. Wife and I ate while we packed and the kids slept. Pricey but what isn't at the world. I can see myself making this a tradition when we stay at the Poly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom