Excavator Coaster Coming to Dinoland U.S.A.?

jhendrix

If Dinorama was shrunk back to the original Chester & Hester's store (and maybe even Triceratop Spin), there would be more than enough room for a new land between Dinoland USA and Asia.

That river for the River of Lights storage would make the perfect Amazon River, wouldn't it...?
AK.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So long thread short we don't know exactly what's happening do we?

There's blue skying going on here. So, nothing may happen for years and years.

If something does happen, it could be as small as replacing Dinorama with a coaster that may or may not be themed to Indy and may or may not be a version of the never-built Excavator. This little change could be made in time for the MK 50th, or, be pushed off to 2023.

Or, it could be as big as a whole new Indy land with Dinosaur being overlaid with Indy to something similar but not exactly the same as the other international Indy rides that use the same ride mechanics. This would mean that there would be an Indy coaster replacing Dinorama, and the boneyard becoming an archeological dig site.

And there may be a water ride in addition to or in place of the coaster.

Or an Indy land may still yet wind up in DHS, which means for DAK... <shrug>

A South America land was the supposition of a non-insider based on one of the international Indy rides was tweaked to take place in South America. No insider has confirmed a South America land is in consideration.

Tiny Arms

I was summoned from regions beyond ... I can't add anything beyond what I already have. There is a plan (there are always lots of plans, so don't jump to conclusions) to remove Dinorama (NOT Dinoland, not Dinosaur) and add a major coaster attraction based on a prior concept that was not used. That is the only plan I have heard for DAK's future, beyond transportation improvements.

The only reason I won't laugh off the Indy rumour on this site is because it sounds like the kind of insanity that Bob Chapek is known for. I still think the chances of that happening are, thankfully, very, very, very small.

Literally all I was asking for, omg. Thank you :eek::D !

WDWVolFan

Let me start off by saying that I'm obviously no insider. However, I have been paying attention to what some of our insiders have been saying about a possible addition to DAK before the 50th, and if you connect the dots, it seems possible that they could be revisiting the old Excavator Coaster idea for Dinoland U.S.A. Earlier in the year @WDW1974 said this:

And more recently @Magic Feather made a comment about the future of Chester and Hester's:

And finally, @marni1971 made an interesting comment in the Indiana Jones thread:

Obviously this is just a rumor and should be treated as such. Who knows, I could be way off. :D

If Primeval Whirl closes I'll be ed! Such a great ride!!!

Disneyhead'71

There's blue skying going on here. So, nothing may happen for years and years.

If something does happen, it could be as small as replacing Dinorama with a coaster that may or may not be themed to Indy and may or may not be a version of the never-built Excavator. This little change could be made in time for the MK 50th, or, be pushed off to 2023.

Or, it could be as big as a whole new Indy land with Dinosaur being overlaid with Indy to something similar but not exactly the same as the other international Indy rides that use the same ride mechanics. This would mean that there would be an Indy coaster replacing Dinorama, and the boneyard becoming an archeological dig site.

And there may be a water ride in addition to or in place of the coaster.

Or an Indy land may still yet wind up in DHS, which means for DAK... <shrug>

A South America land was the supposition of a non-insider based on one of the international Indy rides was tweaked to take place in South America. No insider has confirmed a South America land is in consideration.
The Amazon River boat ride using the PotC:BFtST ride tech would replace Nemo as part of phase 2 according to the rumor I heard.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom