Excavator Coaster Coming to Dinoland U.S.A.?

matt9112

maxresdefault.jpg

Everest, Dinosaur and FoP are all rides that can cause motion sickness / that not everyone can ride.

The park does need a signature E ticket dark ride for everyone. River Journey is not enough

safari? not E ticket enough? I mean you could argue it's the reason the park was built (at that time) I'm sorry if somebody can't ride dinosaur I have no pitty this isn't milenium force we are talking about. sure the park should be inclusive but it's not short on non thrill stuff it's just not like MK. all the animal trails and such foremost among them.

besides last time we clamored for more kid friendly rides we got the highest height requirement in the park hahahha

I don't care that primeval whirl looks like a shiney turd I care that half of your target demographic can't ride it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

WDW1974

I was summoned from regions beyond ... I can't add anything beyond what I already have. There is a plan (there are always lots of plans, so don't jump to conclusions) to remove Dinorama (NOT Dinoland, not Dinosaur) and add a major coaster attraction based on a prior concept that was not used. That is the only plan I have heard for DAK's future, beyond transportation improvements.

The only reason I won't laugh off the Indy rumour on this site is because it sounds like the kind of insanity that Bob Chapek is known for. I still think the chances of that happening are, thankfully, very, very, very small.

PizzaPlanet

Original Poster
I was summoned from regions beyond ... I can't add anything beyond what I already have. There is a plan (there are always lots of plans, so don't jump to conclusions) to remove Dinorama (NOT Dinoland, not Dinosaur) and add a major coaster attraction based on a prior concept that was not used. That is the only plan I have heard for DAK's future, beyond transportation improvements.

The only reason I won't laugh off the Indy rumour on this site is because it sounds like the kind of insanity that Bob Chapek is known for. I still think the chances of that happening are, thankfully, very, very, very small.
Thanks for the info. A non-IP based E-ticket would be so refreshing to see at WDW.

NiarrNDisney

Transplanting all of the dinosaurs from Universe of Energy and Dinosaur onto a slow moving boat ride with a large drop down a volcano at the end would be pretty fantastic.

Its too close to Jurassic Park so I'm thinking the mouse is going to veer away from the idea though I really think it would be awesome if they would consider using the Dinosaurs from UoE for a small attraction in DinoLand USA

WDW1974

It was never going to be as much as I think they did a great job.

I have opted to stay away during its first summer. But will see it before the year is up. I am sure it is nice. The hillbilly who used to post here just sent his thoughts on it and he liked it plenty ... but he is a hillbilly.

But when Pandora was conceived it was supposed to be the Potter Swatter. That is a fact. Now, it's ... "you just wait until sometime in very late 2019 when at least some of Star Wars opens up and that'll swat Potter." ... Only it won't. UNI won that battle years ago. Potter debuted seven years ago now, if you can believe it, and Disney has never answered that challenge.

Kman101

I have opted to stay away during its first summer. But will see it before the year is up. I am sure it is nice. The hillbilly who used to post here just sent his thoughts on it and he liked it plenty ... but he is a hillbilly.

But when Pandora was conceived it was supposed to be the Potter Swatter. That is a fact. Now, it's ... "you just wait until sometime in very late 2019 when at least some of Star Wars opens up and that'll swat Potter." ... Only it won't. UNI won that battle years ago. Potter debuted seven years ago now, if you can believe it, and Disney has never answered that challenge.

I liked it. I felt immersed in the land and I think they accomplished what they needed to (it sounds like night lighting leaves something to be desired though). Flight of Passage was well done for it being a simulator, I'd say it's a top tier simulator but YMMV. River Journey ... well, it's pretty inside and the Shaman is nicely done. But it's too short. Just as you're finally settling in and getting used to it it ends. I at least can look up and around and feel immersed, so it's ... nice. The food at the canteen was good and better than a lot of the options around (though I think AK is better served for food than the other parks, including Epcot). I never thought it would be the draw Potter was and if execs really thought it would be, well I have a bridge to sell them. They missed the boat on having a Potter swatter. Only SWL can draw the crowds that Potter saw and that's not coming until 2019 as Uni will have even more things likely open or near open by that point. I love both Uni and Disney so I don't get into the whole you-know-what contest the fans seem to thrive on but it's clear Disney has dropped the ball (for nearly two decades) and is rushing to catch up with quick fixes and overlays.

And Indy sounds exactly like something they'd do (and it sounds like it's very blue sky, no? I'm obviously not an insider and trust when you say it's not likely but my gut is telling me it's exactly something they'd pull) ... an overlay of an area that they believe needs work but they won't invest in actually updating it instead they replace.

Last edited:

Kman101

Yeah, but what it is?
Potter is a rare bird and amazing from the source material down to execution!

With that being said Pandora is a home run! It is quite amazing in its own right. At least it knocked my socks off. Saying it doesn't compare to Potter doesn't seem fair and almost discredits what Pandora is which is nothing short of breath taking.
Not sure it's fare to compare it to Potter because quite nothing compares to Potter from a theme park built land point of view.

I agree with you on all of this. I wasn't trying to undersell Pandora, I'm a big fan of what they did but I never expected it to be the draw Potter was (though it's still been a draw IMO). I don't compare them either, I'm a fan of all of them for different reasons.

JackCH

The hopeful side of me would love to see Fire Mountain resurrected. It could work in a dinosaur land no? Thanks for the info!

Kman101

But it doesn't seem to be. No it's not greenlit and sounds very early blue sky but it seems to have legs ... it sounds like It's at least something being thrown around.

AKL2003

Many things are being thrown around. Let's see what sticks.
These "things" you speak of...is there an end game?? (WDW 50th, Epcot 40th...etc) or has the company realized they need to perpetually add ,replace (my least favorite option) and update so as not to repeat the last decade or so?? Just curious...and again thank you for being so gracious with your information...your appreciation of the parks histories is evident in all of your responses...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom