Excavator Coaster Coming to Dinoland U.S.A.?

PizzaPlanet

Original Poster
Let me start off by saying that I'm obviously no insider. However, I have been paying attention to what some of our insiders have been saying about a possible addition to DAK before the 50th, and if you connect the dots, it seems possible that they could be revisiting the old Excavator Coaster idea for Dinoland U.S.A. Earlier in the year @WDW1974 said this:
Hahahha ... you're more likely to see another rolley coaster added to DAK ... oops, did I say that in my outside the head voice?:D:greedy:;):cool:
And more recently @Magic Feather made a comment about the future of Chester and Hester's:
I'm also confident that one day (whatever day that is) Primeval Whirl will close but I wouldn't put that in a video yet.
I would... In a year or two.
And finally, @marni1971 made an interesting comment in the Indiana Jones thread:
Why can't they just give us The Excavator coaster on the Dinorama plot!
Just imagine...
Obviously this is just a rumor and should be treated as such. Who knows, I could be way off. :D

Cmdr_Crimson

If it's Blue Sky...I can see it as another 7DMT coaster to fit for families..
The%20Excavator%20%283%29.jpg
The%20Excavator%20%284%29.preview.jpg

ak_excavator1.jpg

FrankLapidus

If, as has been reported on the forum by reliable sources, Dinoland is eventually overhauled and rethemed, could the Excavator be built under a different name/theme? Is that possibility on the table or have I missed something in everything that has been said on the topic over the past few days that would rule that out?

Jrn14

When people say "rethemed" does everyone think Dinosaurs will no longer be the theme or could it just be rethemed to dinosaurs but not chester and hesters? meaning the route 66 dino carnival theme could be replaced with a different dino type theme?

NiarrNDisney

Hmmm! Not to give weight to the Indy coming to DAK rumor but I wouldn't be surprised if they would consider bringing Temple of Peril and just rethemeing it to a paleontological dig site that way should a land wide retheme is in the works they could always just switch it over to an archaeological dig site.

CaptainJackNO

Hmmm! Not to give weight to the Indy coming to DAK rumor but I wouldn't be surprised if they would consider bringing Temple of Peril and just rethemeing it to a paleontological dig site that way should a land wide retheme is in the works they could always just switch it over to an archaeological dig site.

But wouldn't this give you identical ride technology with 2 attractions in the same land, or do you think the technology might change if this were to happen? ( I realize we are talking hypothetically here)

NiarrNDisney

But wouldn't this give you identical ride technology with 2 attractions in the same land, or do you think the technology might change if this were to happen? ( I realize we are talking hypothetically here)

Honestly I have heard for years how unpopular Primeval Whirl is so if it got the ax it wouldnt shock me! Though I myself would be sad to see it go!

Last edited:

TROR

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril in Disneyland Paris is just a small steel coaster centered around a temple. There would be no issue with duplicate ride technologies.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
And to be honest Primeval Whirl is longer and more fun. Swapping for the Temple of Peril design would be a step backwards.
While definitely a fun ride, Primeval Hurl is obnoxiously loud and clangy. I loved the relative peace and quiet in that area two years ago. (With Dinosaur closed last year, we had no reason to venture to that section of the park at all.)

Dizney Crew

Primevil Whirl is prob the worst coaster on property at WDW, even Barnstormer is better. Whirl is so rough its painful to ride, and there is almost never more than a 20 min wait for this ride, so that should tell you no one would be too upset about losing it. Also curious to know why so many knock the Indy coaster in Paris, I've never been but the vids make it look half way decent, also I think the themeing is better than Primevil WHirl also, even if it is just a cookie cutter coaster design around a temple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom