Excavator Coaster Coming to Dinoland U.S.A.?

HoraceHorizons

I don't think S.E.A would really work for AK. Just a little to cartoony for the rest of the park.
I could agree accept I feel like Expedition Everest, is ALREADY a S.E.A. ride with no tie-in. Its got the same silliness.
If you ask me, they should change Dinosaur to Indy, Primevil Whirl to Raging Spirits with the S.E.A. tie-in, and make Restaurantosaurus a new ADVENTURER'S CLUB ... or something similar. A S.E.A. Lodge or whatever... Then rename that area South America.

Maybe make Finding Nemo the INDY STUNT SHOW, too.

Either way, I hope to see a S.E.A. reference in the next INDY live action film, for sure.

Bairstow

I could agree accept I feel like Expedition Everest, is ALREADY a S.E.A. ride with no tie-in. Its got the same silliness.
If you ask me, they should change Dinosaur to Indy, Primevil Whirl to Raging Spirits with the S.E.A. tie-in, and make Restaurantosaurus a new ADVENTURER'S CLUB ... or something similar. A S.E.A. Lodge or whatever... Then rename that area South America.

Maybe make Finding Nemo the INDY STUNT SHOW, too.

Either way, I hope to see a S.E.A. reference in the next INDY live action film, for sure.
What the heck is "sea"?

Kman101

I know the park's aim, but it's interesting that people seem to object to the idea that an explorer, such as ourselves, couldn't visit the locations in the park and it could work. I'm not saying I'm all-in on Indy for Dino, but it doesn't truly negate the mission of the park. IMHO, of course. S.E.A. fits. But I think it fits Adventureland better. But I think the execs view Animal Kingdom as one big Adventureland (which I disagree with to some extent).

yensidtlaw1969

You can blame that on Walt and his corporation for constantly associating "adventure" with "jungles" and for their making of DAK into a tribute to: all animals but mostly the ones in the jungle.
I think it could perhaps more accurately be described as "a salute to all animals but mostly the ones you don't typically run into", but I see your point.

I do think it's a really important point that Adventureland and Animal Kingdom are different - that's part of how they can justify their existence within the same resort. The Jungle Cruise would not work in Animal Kingdom, it's stylistic approach is far too broad and farcical for that park despite having a premise that seems to suit AK on paper -- but that style serves Adventureland well, where Pirates and Singing Birds play in similarly irreverent tones.

Princess Leia

If Beastly Kingdom actually happened, we probably wouldn't be having the discussion of AK vs Adventureland. That would have diversified the park enough to separate it.

WDWTank

The problem with Gringott's is the lack of an ending. It's anticlimactic.

You're right on Spider-man but a good ride is a good ride no matter what the preshow looks like. Universal has spent a lot more time and money with their queues lately along with all the other preshow stuff that goes along with an attraction.
And on Gringotts most of the time you sit and watch a movie..... boring

WDWTank

I’d love to sea a pet show at Animal Kingdom :DHey, my dog Henry could be in it
F0CB9876-0FFF-43C9-80E5-673B273BE76B.jpeg

HoraceHorizons

Most of the people on here do to unfortunately.

I have TBH, I think that apart from the Yak 'N Yeti and Ex Everest, and maybe Dinosaur/Restaurantosaurus, I don't "feel" the Adventureland vibe in AK. The park always seems a bit more serious and I cant say I dislike the edutainment stuff. I can def see how the decorations are very similar and all that but Adventureland and SEA is much more farcical? Is that a word?
That said I think changing Dinoland to a SEA/Indy area is a smart idea for WDW. Actually, I think its what Dinoland tried to aim for but didnt reach.

I can see why you'd say Execs look at AK this way. They seem to be really losing the vision of Walt and his "progress and inspire" vibes all around. AK in 2007 was IMO a lot like EPCOT was in 1990. It felt groundbreaking and important. I get that from things like PANDORA now, but its not in the same way.
I actually hope that if they break ground on another PANDORA ride it will involve some of Cameron's more "edutainment" stuff, and be akin to 20,000 LUTS and teach about bioilluminescence (which I cannot spell) or something like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom